Hair Loss: Hormones Or Genetics?

REOSIRENS

For people who want to be healthy and with hair... Is imperative to lower prolactin with Progesterone sun light and cortisol(most potent cortisol antagonist isn't Progesterone but testosterone/dihydrotestosterone/dhea)

Reversing hair loss is about restoring hormonal balance between estrogen antagonists Progesterone/testosterone/pregnenolone

The guys in Africa seem to have very high testosterone...but had lot of sun exposure...They were out almost all day... And day light was stunningly long in the very low latitude tropical zone... When I went to northen Europe day light was very low and sun exposure even lower and those guys were eating well and were financially well but their hairlines were not the best and the ones with not so much receding their hair thickness was not impressive...

REOSIRENS

I actually think that fin is a more permanent and amplified version of Progesterone. Yes progesterone is a miracle hormone with systematic beneficial effects (ray implies that it fixes almost anything) but when any hormone's effects are amplified to such a degree your system will fall out of balance. Progesterone's natural inhibitory actions regarding 5-ar is dramatically amplified (though I think progesterone can increase 5-ar under some circumstances), its direct anti-androgenic effects are amplified (hence people's bodies becoming deformed and feminized), and its beneficial effects are simply non-existent in such a unbalanced state.
I wrote moments ago about fact hair is not only about using Progesterone because without testosterone Progesterone is not so protective and in some people increases cortisol that's why Progesterone works at some extend but stop working as guys age(low testosterone dht dhea) in restoring thick hair(better hairline)

brix

Genetics and environment can control and change hormones in certain degree and I think balding is connected with hormones(imbalances)... Prolactin seems to be main mechanism to the balding issues... Progesterone is the hair hormone and it clearly lowers prolactin... Testosterone/dht are harmless for hair when individual have good levels of Progesterone in the system... Sun light increases Progesterone and lowers prolactin same time that's why you see lower levels(baldness) in the tropicals and high levels in high latitude countries with good quality of life like Norway Denmark Finland Sweden .... Progesterone seems stopping to work on hair loss(protections) when cortisol is high... So maybe that's reason both are called the culprit of baldness

Interesting... some people say doing nofap (restraining from orgasm) is growing their back, which is most likely caused by not spiking their prolactin.

Constatine

For people who want to be healthy and with hair... Is imperative to lower prolactin with Progesterone sun light and cortisol(most potent cortisol antagonist isn't Progesterone but testosterone/dihydrotestosterone/dhea)

Reversing hair loss is about restoring hormonal balance between estrogen antagonists Progesterone/testosterone/pregnenolone

The guys in Africa seem to have very high testosterone...but had lot of sun exposure...They were out almost all day... And day light was stunningly long in the very low latitude tropical zone... When I went to northen Europe day light was very low and sun exposure even lower and those guys were eating well and were financially well but their hairlines were not the best and the ones with not so much receding their hair thickness was not impressive...
Sorry for going off topic here but perhaps the reason people with dark skin are "environmentally adapted" (genes) to have higher androgens is due to the fact they could get away with it due to heightened progesterone levels due to sun exposure. Of course one may say that their heightened androgens are a result of numerous healthy generations but this doesn't make much sense as darker people in European countries as well as America have been present for a while, have lived the lifestyles of whiter folk, and still have more androgens. Mind you there could be other factors at play: Androgens make people active which creates androgens (positive feedback loop), darker people are outside more due to their bodies demanding sunlight, etc. BTW the tone of darker people in less sunny or modern places is becoming significantly lighter with each generation (and their androgens are also decreasing). Turns out people who live in a similar area (or a certain lifestyle) will always end up looking similar (even if it takes a long time).

Last edited:

Constatine

I wrote moments ago about fact hair is not only about using Progesterone because without testosterone Progesterone is not so protective and in some people increases cortisol that's why Progesterone works at some extend but stop working as guys age(low testosterone dht dhea) in restoring thick hair(better hairline)
Interesting. Fin does lower testosterone, I guess making itself less useful. Which might be why there is only a 30 percent success rate (that and 5-ar hormones are important for hair growth).

Constatine

Interesting... some people say doing nofap (restraining from orgasm) is growing their back, which is most likely caused by not spiking their prolactin.
That is defiantly a mechanism of action but I think nofap also increases mitochondria health though I have no proof. Mind you lowering prolactin does increase mitochondria health (as well as reducing estrogen signaling: orgasm increases estrogenic signaling through up-regulating estrogen "receptors").

REOSIRENS

Sorry for going off topic here but perhaps the reason people with dark skin are "environmentally adapted" (genes) to have higher androgens is due to the fact they could get away with it due to heightened progesterone levels due to sun exposure. Of course one may say that their heightened androgens are a result of numerous healthy generations but this doesn't make much sense as darker people in European countries as well as America have been present for a while, have lived the lifestyles of whiter folk, and still have more androgens. Mind you there could be other factors at play: Androgens make people active which creates androgens (positive feedback loop), darker people are outside more due to their bodies demanding sunlight, etc. BTW the tone of darker people in less sunny or modern places is becoming significantly lighter with each generation (and their androgens are also decreasing). Turns out people who live in a similar area (or a certain lifestyle) will always end up looking similar (even if it takes a long time).
That's why on begining I said genetics and environment can change and regulate hormones...But I agree with you in most of points

johnwester130

Let's think back to an underrated supplement :

Biotin

It has 10,000 reviews on Amazon. It mostly has an effect on hair.

So what is the mechanism ?

Biotin increases carbon dioxide and glucose metabolism. Maybe the answer is C02

REOSIRENS

Biotin

Go to my previous posts about locking myself inside of car to increase CO2(it pop up veins from all over my body... and my body extremities become pink warm and looking young...Hair becomes so thick!) and good side effects were increased hair density and glowing skin...very high motivation...increased neuroplasticity ... triiodothyronine seems to increase CO2 and lowers prolactin... Progesterone helps increasing CO2.... Biotin(high 20mg a day) gives me high libido and improved thyroid function but seems to resemble testosterone effects as well... But I don't think it is really the most important thing in this puzzle... I only take high biotin because of Progesterone...They seem work well together because biotin feels like shot of testosterone(oily skin masculine tone and high libido...But only in very high doses...I take pills of 5mg totalling 20mg a day with Progesterone combo)

LukeL

Go to my previous posts about locking myself inside of car to increase CO2(it pop up veins from all over my body... and my body extremities become pink warm and looking young...Hair becomes so thick!) and good side effects were increased hair density and glowing skin...very high motivation...increased neuroplasticity ... triiodothyronine seems to increase CO2 and lowers prolactin... Progesterone helps increasing CO2.... Biotin(high 20mg a day) gives me high libido and improved thyroid function but seems to resemble testosterone effects as well... But I don't think it is really the most important thing in this puzzle... I only take high biotin because of Progesterone...They seem work well together because biotin feels like shot of testosterone(oily skin masculine tone and high libido...But only in very high doses...I take pills of 5mg totalling 20mg a day with Progesterone combo)
Lol can you elaborate on locking yourself inside your car

Lucas

Biotin

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength tablets, 10,000mcg , 100 count, (pack of 2)

Oh my God!! Look at these rewiews for just a simple B vitamin!! I will start Biotin now!!!

Maybe the key is the dose, 10.000 mcg a day.

johnwester130

REOSIRENS

Lol can you elaborate on locking yourself inside your car
It means just get inside of car with close doors and closed windows... But only works on sunny day with sunlight hitting your car and outside temperature between 13 to 30(more than that becomes very suffocating and should place car on shadow )degrees Celsius... this trick makes you get the potent benefits of c02(as you are inside of car breathing....you are consuming the existent oxygen making room to much more CO2)... It seems renovating all your body(mind...Tissue(skin hair)... Cellular energy) daily... Why I love it? Because with just 90 minutes day nothing sets your body to such a good direction with this intensity of results

REOSIRENS

But if we applied the science and philosophy of ray peat to that supplement, an increase in carbon dioxide would be most important.

So perhaps move country, bag breathing etc would be better
CO2 is more potent and useful with sunlight and warm temperatures... You can do paperbreathing exercises but if your body is still out there in the cold and dark environment the benefits of CO2 will be just redirected to protect you from stress and shock of cold and darkness...

Dante

@johnwester130 , i have two doubts
1. Where is the data of 30% response rate of finasteride coming from, i am not saying anyone should take fin but i have read some papers from different parts of the world, the response rate is pretty damn high
2. You mention hamilton's eunuch go bald , can you elaborate a bit on this. AFAIK, the four eunuchs that went bald after hamilton injected testosterone had a high degree of balding in their family while the eight who didn't go bald after testosterone injection didn't have balding in their families

johnwester130

@johnwester130 , i have two doubts
1. Where is the data of 30% response rate of finasteride coming from, i am not saying anyone should take fin but i have read some papers from different parts of the world, the response rate is pretty damn high
2. You mention hamilton's eunuch go bald , can you elaborate a bit on this. AFAIK, the four eunuchs that went bald after hamilton injected testosterone had a high degree of balding in their family while the eight who didn't go bald after testosterone injection didn't have balding in their families

1) hamilton's eunuchs need more research . there's more that needs to be looked at. it raises more questions.

2) the side effects aren't worth it
Finasteride Reviews & Ratings at Drugs.com

it's actually 25% for the first year
How successful is Finasteride? | Hair Loss & Transplant Surgery Guide | HDA Online

"
What are the Success Rates for Finasteride?
Several studies have been done to find the effects and success of finasteride. The most recent of these tested over 1000 men between the ages of eighteen and forty- one who had mild or moderate pattern balding. Out of this number, around 25% of the patients did see any effects from finasteride use."

it's 66% for 3 years. success rates are judged over 5 years.

Dhair

Funny story: Many months ago, I was permanently banned from reddit's main baldness subreddit for writing just ONE post criticizing finasteride and recommending that people look into other options.
Basically all baldness forums online are in some way financially tied into big pharma and sponsored by them.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals