Hair Loss / Eczema / Itchy Scalp Gone When I

Motif

work for example the whole day in the garden (digging holes etc).

Did this two days in a row an this symptoms were completely gone even almost the whole day after, which is crazy, cause the symptoms are never gone and I suffer from it for 10+ years.

What could be the explanation for this?

Working out in the gym doesn't help at all.

Endurance sports help for maybe 2 hours.

Niacin flush helps a tiny little bit.

Wim Hof breathing a few rounds over the day help a lot too.

I even took h202 in a Glas of water for a few days and it killed those symptoms too.

Massaging my neck with a vibration msssage machine helps too (my neck tensions are real bad since I was 16)

Lack of oxygen? Lymphatic issue? Blood flow issue?

"mast cells"
relaxing work calms the skin and mast cells
stressing work agitates the skin and mast cells
CO2 decreases mast cell activity
neck tensions from nitric oxide and glutamic activity excites mast cells

So, take a GABA enhancer lemon balm with Gotu Kola a mast cell stabiliser. Gotu kola/centella asiatica cream on the skin and capsules 3x a day.

edit:
Nitric oxide, associated with unbalanced excitation, is involved in the nerve damage of epilepsy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and Huntington’s disease. An energy deficit increases excitation and cellular calcium uptake, increasing nitric oxide synthesis (Schulz, et aI., 1997). Nitric oxide increases the ratio of glutamate to GABA (“the excitotoxicity index”), (Demchenko & Piantadosi, 2006), while lowering mitochondrial energy production. -Ray Peat

Gotu Kola and mast cells:
Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Titrated Extract of Centella asiatica in Phthalic Anhydride-Induced Allergic Dermatitis Animal Model. - PubMed - NCBI
Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Titrated Extract of Centella asiatica in ... inhibited hyperkeratosis, mast cells and infiltration of inflammatory cells.
Anti-Allergic, Anti-Pruritic, and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Centella Asiatica Extracts

Last edited:
PTH (like estrogen) causes mast cells to release promoters of inflammation, including histamine and serotonin. Serotonin and nitric oxide contribute to increasing PTH secretion.” -Ray Peat

“Stress increases nitric oxide, and an excess of that poisons mitochondrial energy production, making stress worse. The right amount of coffee inhibits nitric oxide and so improves energy efficiency. Nitric oxide increases parathyroid hormone and aldosterone, which increase blood pressure. Vitamin D and vitamin K lower those.” -Ray Peat

“Nitric oxide, a third cultic substance along with serotonin and estrogen, is invoked as a normalizer of brain circulation and protector of nerve cells from peroxidation. Whether a substance is an antioxidant or pro-oxidant depends on its environment, and both nitric oxide and estrogen are pro-oxidants, promoters of lipid peroxidation and other forms of cell damage, under a variety of physiological situations.”

“To reverse this process, it’s necessary to avoid doing the things that caused the problem to develop. The accumulation of heavy metals and of the unstable unsaturated fats (linoleic, linolenic, and arachidonic acids) can be slowed or reversed by careful dietary choices. The calorie restricted diets that slow the aging process reduce the accumulation of the unstable fats and the heavy metals. Vitamin E reduces the vascular leakiness and the free radical peroxidation that are so closely involved in fibrosis. Since serotonin and nitric oxide are involved in these processes, they should be minimized by keeping carbon dioxide production high (by optimizing thyroid function), and by eating protein that have a safe balance of the amino acids. Too much arginine increases nitric oxide formation, and too much tryptophan increases serotonin production. Too much glutamic acid, aspartic acid, and cysteine can be directly excitotoxic, and the metabolites of cysteine include proinfiammatory homocysteine, which can disrupt collagen structure.” -Ray Peat
Limit your intake of muscle meat, and or include gelatine with it to balance the proteins amino acids and reduce inflammation.

Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) + Vitamin E can modulate nitric oxide and estrogen
Sleep deprivation (SD) is an experience of inadequate or poor quality of sleep that may produce significant alterations in multiple neural systems. Centella asiatica (CA) is a psychoactive medicinal herb with immense therapeutic potential. The present study was designed to explore the possible nitric oxide (NO) modulatory mechanism in the neuroprotective effect of CA against SD induced anxiety like behaviour, oxidative damage and neuroinflammation.
...The present study suggests that NO modulatory mechanism could be involved in the protective effect of CA against SD-induced anxiety-like behaviour, oxidative damage and neuroinflammation in mice.
Possible Involvement of Nitric Oxide Modulatory Mechanisms in the Neuroprotective Effect of Centella asiatica Against Sleep Deprivation Induced Anx... - PubMed - NCBI

Aspirin and exercise
The influence of aspirin (ASA) on the endocrinology system and prostaglandin (PGs) synthesis is not completely clear. The aim of the study was to estimate the influence of ASA on the changes in the concentration of ACTH, cortisol and aldosterone (ALD) induced by physical exercise.
...It is proposed that ASA administration caused prostaglandin synthesis to decrease, and that this led to a lower basal concentration of ALD and a significantly lower level of ALD after exercise. - FPS
The influence of aspirin on exercise-induced changes in adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH), cortisol and aldosterone (ALD) concentrations. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Ok, that's interesting, thanks!

Would cypro be an option too? Bag breathing?

And could the other way around back and neck tensions be the cause of this?

benaoao

So the cause could simply be stress?

Stress, being sedentary, blue lights instead of red light, diet. What else could it be? It seems that any and all ailments are the body saying “we try our best to function using emergency mechanisms because we don’t have the proper energy supply - sorry about the collateral damage “

Arrade

Limit your intake of muscle meat, and or include gelatine with it to balance the proteins amino acids and reduce inflammation.

Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) + Vitamin E can modulate nitric oxide and estrogen

Possible Involvement of Nitric Oxide Modulatory Mechanisms in the Neuroprotective Effect of Centella asiatica Against Sleep Deprivation Induced Anx... - PubMed - NCBI

Aspirin and exercise

The influence of aspirin on exercise-induced changes in adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH), cortisol and aldosterone (ALD) concentrations. - PubMed - NCBI
Thanks @General Orange , finally gonna start using aspirin

"strezzle"
The cause could be, your parents, didnt know that the lill plant Lemon balm, a kind of mint, growing in the dirt around the house you grew up in, can be an effective stress preventer in the form of tea, by its inhibitory effect on the breakdown of a so called neurotransmitter Gamma-Amino Butyric Acid, thus had never the opportunity to teach you that it could one day help prevent you from a certain 'itch' becoming. So you just went on with your life, eat pray sleep, and then came the major stressor, and compromised your health, coz you had relatively too low GABA and too high estrogen and all that strezzle. ahhhh :P

xetawaves

I've read studies discussing the antidepressant effects of dirt. I'll see if I can find them again.

OP
M

Motif

Just tried beta alanine the first time.

Seems to help too

Nikki

work for example the whole day in the garden (digging holes etc).

Did this two days in a row an this symptoms were completely gone even almost the whole day after, which is crazy, cause the symptoms are never gone and I suffer from it for 10+ years.
I am not a doctor or nutritionist. I recommend getting a doctor's advice before changing/adding supplements.

I would bet an organic sulfur supplement would help you, and mineral supplementation in general. Dirt and plants in non-over-farmed areas are rich in sulfur, magnesium and often many other minerals whereas the food we buy in stores tends to have an irregular mineral profile with sulfur and magnesium being quite low. MSM stops my itches right away. I was just about to change my shampoo, but noticed after a couple days of starting MSM, my scalp felt fine. I went a whole week without washing it which would have been torture before (used to get itchy around day 2-3) and it wasn't very greasy. I assume some of the oil production ws related to the inflammation or irritation which caused the itch.

MSM helps my dogs' skin as well. They don't need flea-killing products because their skin remains fairly calm after a flea bite. If they are not on sufficient amounts of MSM, they react badly to flea bites. Granted they don't get many fleas becasue fleas tend to prefer weak animals and my dogs are in tip top condition, thankfully. They might have a trace of inflammation, but most of their issues are quelled with diet. I have read that MSM added to bird's water stops feather plucking (presumably due to itching).

There is only one brand made in the USA that I am aware of. I get it on Amazon- last time one seller was offering it in bulk and I am pretty sure this is one supplement that people dont stop once they start. That said, some people have reported getting gas from it, but if you are peating, that may not be a concern. I dont notice that issue, if anything I notice the opposite. My guts feel better in general perhaps because I have some low-level stomach/bowel inflamation.

I am petite so 1/2 tsp BID works for me. Some people require a much larger dose for relief of allergies/itch. I used to take 4 tbsp a day. It's very bitter but 2 good swigs of water/juice removes the bitterness completely. Capsules make the process easier, but will cost a lot more. Large amounts of sulfur can create a state of what appears to be a molybdenum deficiency, so I make sure to take Moly when I take MSM. There is one product which combines them (great to look into if you want to see what ratio an expert recommends), but, to get a good dose, I'd have to take 6 caps a day. That would be pricey for me, let alone anyone on a budget or anyone 2-3 times my size.

Warning: Hair and nails may grow very quickly when MSM is supplemented. I suggest people take the minimum they need for symptom relief unless they want to have frequent haircuts.

OP
M

Motif

Just spending time sitting in the office and the symptoms are there / walking around the whole day and the symptoms are gone. Crazy.

Since I really work hard on my neck and back tensions the scalp symptoms improved a lot too

OP
M

Motif

Again I was working in the garden today and my scalp feels great.
I don't get it. I was walking for many hours over the weekend and the scalp feeling was bad as f

OP
M

Motif

My hair is just falling out when this itching is there. No itch / no hair loss

So, yeah. It reduced a lot. But no regrowth. Never had regrowth over the years

TreasureVibe

Me: *Asking if bald spots could be due to the use of high dosed niacinamide for 56 years old female relative*

RP:
The hair lost might mean that her vitamin D, or calcium, or thyroid is deficient.

I also recall that someone once said that his dandruff and itchy scalp was resolved when that person took steps to lower his estrogen, so it might be estrogen too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals