Haidut quote on Gambling.

OP
Mr Joe

Mr Joe

I fully agree with @Razvan.
And to some responders to Razvan's thoughts, he is talking about Androgenic people who gamble for high stakes and have no fear of losing. This is in contrast to gamblers who gamble desperately and get devastated when they lose. Bottom line is: if you need to make money bad, then gambling is the last thing you should do.
Probably because when someone gamble in order to make urgent money the fear or loosing is creating a much more chronic stress than the dopamine of winning ? Japanese are known to spend their life in Pachinko where they spend their day gambling, I'm not sure they do that for money but for destressing. This is typical from a high suicidal society with national cortisol secretion. At the opposite as haidut stated, some people enjoy playing monopoly, cards or poker without real money, especially if it is done with people and thus increasing sociability then could be good ?

Eberhardt

100% ! So if we do something and after doing it we feel a satisfaction followed by the need to move to something else, its more like a pleasure. If after doing something we need to do it more like in a psychotic way without any satisfaction its an addiction. That might explain why serotonin could be in the center of that.
havent thought of the serotonin connection but sounds like a part of it from a biological point of view. I think though that except some physcial addictions the serotonin comes as a result of the mental connections we have an associate with the object of addiction. But still I too think that having a good hormonal balance also supports having healthy mental handling processes!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals