Had beef liver for the first time

ShortRib

I started peating about a month ago. Just had beef liver for the first time as a simple liver and onions fried in butter around 7pm. My body started to heat up about 5 minutes after I finished eating and I was full of energy and warmth for the entire night. So much so, it was difficult for me to sleep until midnight when I am normally out cold by 10pm. I can't tell if that is a good or bad thing...

Old Irenaeus

I like to take about 4 ounces. Instead of making liver and onions as I used to do, I now sear it in hot butter for about 1 minute per side. It comes out just barely cooked through and I find it a lot more palatable that way. I used to order liver and onions at restaurants from time to time, but they give you a huge amount and it could be fried in pufa. So now I like to have it at home with the light searing method.

Greg says

I started peating about a month ago. Just had beef liver for the first time as a simple liver and onions fried in butter around 7pm. My body started to heat up about 5 minutes after I finished eating and I was full of energy and warmth for the entire night. So much so, it was difficult for me to sleep until midnight when I am normally out cold by 10pm. I can't tell if that is a good or bad thing...
maybe the B vits in the liver.

LadyRae

I, too, love beef liver... and I sear it briefly on each side like @Old Irenaeus . It gives me so much energy, especially when paired with a bunch of pineapple.

When I know I'm going to be busy-hiking, stacking wood, etc- this is my go-to meal.

I have to restrict myself to having it a couple times a week as I've "heard" that one can overdo liver leading to deleterious health effects... But I'm suspicious of these claims actually.

Does anyone have any experience over-eating liver?

nomoreketones

When I eat liver the same things happens to me - way too energizing. I'm careful to only eat beef liver in small amounts and earlier in the day.

I spread my liver out, eating one ounce every other day, instead of a hig portion all at once. It isn’t so hard on the liver, like it is getting so much vitamin A all at once. I never eat it past lunch either for exactly your sleep situation.

Cow

I got some beef liver at Whole Foods and could not stomach it. I could smell and taste the iron/blood. Got calf liver at Sprouts and love it! I eat a couple ounces once a week, only for breakfast. I try to alternative chicken and calf liver for the different nutrient profiles.

I got some beef liver at Whole Foods and could not stomach it. I could smell and taste the iron/blood. Got calf liver at Sprouts and love it! I eat a couple ounces once a week, only for breakfast. I try to alternative chicken and calf liver for the different nutrient profiles.
Lamb liver is very mild too.

LadyRae

Yeah I prefer liver from the younger animals. It kind of creeps me out a little bit but I'll go with it since I love it so much

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals