H Pylori

Discussion in 'Digestion' started by TabulaRasa, Oct 16, 2020 at 1:34 PM.

1. TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa New Member

Has anybody here dealt with H Pylori before? I don’t have stomach ulcers but I have other symptoms..
    • Feeling full
    • Feeling like I need to burp but can’t unless I drink a lot of lime juice
    • Not digesting food
    • Bloating
    I had a GI Map and my H Pylori number wasn’t high enough to be flagged, but it was pretty close to the number. Mine was 2e6 and it would have gotten flagged at 1e3.

Anyway, has anybody successfully treated themselves for H Pylori?

I am trying Mastic Gum as of the other day in a capsule form. I’m also ordering some actual resin gum to chew on. Have heard NAC can help break the biofilm, so taking that as well.

2. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Swallowing a tablespoon or two of honey in the morning on an empty stomach every day seems to help. A lot.

Also, swallowing a vitamin D tablet, let’s say 50,000 units, with a little coconut oil. Vitamin D is one of the most effective compounds against H pie Laurie. Swallowing a tablespoon or two of honey in the morning on an empty stomach every day seems to help. A lot.

Also, swallowing a vitamin D3 tablet, let’s say 50,000 units, with a little coconut oil. On an empty stomach. Vitamin D is one of the most effective compounds against H Pylori.

3. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I think aspirin tolerance, being able to swallow aspirin without stomach upset, is a gauge of H Pylori infection. If you can swallow aspirin with no stomach upset, then the bacteria are under control.

4. Jem Oz

Jem Oz Member

Hate to be one of these people, but do yourself a favour and do a quick forum search. I've posted about my H.Pylori experiences a couple of times. Useful info.

5. Creative Nature

Creative Nature Member

I've had trouble with what I suspect might be an h. pylori infection. I received a lot of helpful advice in the following thread:

Ulcers, H. Pylori, Malnutrition, & Plain Old Stress

The tips from @ecstatichamster involving honey and vitamin D were part of a successful regimen -- described in the above thread -- that eliminated most of my symptoms. (The suspected infection may have returned recently, in part because of my difficulty eating and in part because I declared victory too soon and stopped my regimen.)

I wish you success in healing your GI.

6. OP
    TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa New Member

Yes I took high doses of Vitamin D recently just because. I didn’t know that was effective against H Pylori. My vitamin D level was 121 as of last week. Technically higher than it should be... not how long I could keep high dosing Vitamin D....

I think I read through that thread already. A few mentions of mastic gum, but not too much I don’t think if memory is right. Seems to be different recommendations for it. Just curious in hearing what worked for people. All experiences welcome.

7. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I think it’s best to regularly treat it to keep it at bay.

8. StephanF

StephanF Member

Ph.D. Physicist
    An infected tooth can serve as a ‘reservoir’ for H pylori, I found a medical review article about this connection online.