Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

H.Pylori Protective?

Discussion in 'Digestion' started by Kyle Bigman, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Kyle Bigman

Kyle Bigman Member

Ok, so I know there is a lot of discussion about H. Pylori on here. I tend to get GERD and it has been flaring up recently, so doing some research, I found this interesting finding regarding the development of Barrett's esophagus from GERD.

" In people with frequent GERD symptoms, BE risk was almost 80% lower among Helicobacter pylori-positive patients (OR = 2.60, 95% CI 1.26–5.40) than those negative for H. pylori (OR = 8.24, 95% CI 5.00–13.6)."

Age at Onset of GERD Symptoms Predicts Risk of Barrett’s Esophagus

Why would this be the case? I think a lot of us with GERD blame the issue on H. Pylori and try to eradicate it – but what if this would increase our likelihood of developing Barrett's?

2. StephanF

StephanF Member

Ph.D. Physicist
    My wife was treated for a stomach ulcer three years ago. At about the same time, she received a root canal treatment. A recent 3D x-ray scan (amazingly detailed!) revealed a shadow on one of the three roots of the treated molar. We are not sure if this is in remission or if this is still an active infection.

I was curious and did a search on H. Pylori and root canals and found a medical review article where they referred to infected roots of teeth as 'H. Pylori reservoirs' from which the patient would again and again become reinfected. I think it was this article that I first read:

Helicobacter pylori and its reservoirs: A correlation with the gastric infection

3. michael94

michael94 Member

4. michael94

michael94 Member

H. Pylori In Anime