H.I.V. Is Reported Cured In A Second Patient, A Milestone In The Global AIDS Epidemic

Cirion

Or just take mega-dose vitamin C which has been known to cure HIV for a long time now... I think this has been known for nearly a century... but of course mainstream medicine won't let you know that because they want to sell an expensive cure instead.

Pretty sure "second person cured of HIV" is a blatant lie as such.

BTW I happen to know someone in real life that was injected with HIV as a kid (douche father that wanted to kill him so he wouldn't have to pay child support) and now his HIV is "undetectable". I'd pretty much call that cured.

Makrosky

Or just take mega-dose vitamin C which has been known to cure HIV for a long time now... I think this has been known for nearly a century... but of course mainstream medicine won't let you know that because they want to sell an expensive cure instead.

BTW I happen to know someone in real life that was injected with HIV as a kid (douche father that wanted to kill him so he wouldn't have to pay child support) and now his HIV is "undetectable". I'd pretty much call that cured.
Do you really believe high vitamin C doses can cure HIV permanently ? Like... really ?

I mean in a double blind placebo controlled trial with an extensive sample, not just anecdotal evidence.

Frankdee20

I’ve heard of that case, small world

Frankdee20

Do you really believe high vitamin C doses can cure HIV permanently ? Like... really ?

I mean in a double blind placebo controlled trial with an extensive sample, not just anecdotal evidence.

Well, do we really know if HIV even causes the more fetal AIDS ? Wasn’t the Gallo team somewhat nefarious in identifying with 100 percent conclusion that HIV causes it ?

Makrosky

Well, do we really know if HIV even causes the more fetal AIDS ? Wasn’t the Gallo team somewhat nefarious in identifying with 100 percent conclusion that HIV causes it ?
I don't know but I think what Cirion means is this : you get infected of VIH by sex or blood, then at some point you develop AIDS. At any point of this timeline you take massive doses of vitamin C and you permanently kill the virus and so you don't have AIDS anymore.

Otherwise why worry about killing HIV with vitamin C if it doesn't cause AIDS?

You could become billionare if this is true. Just open an AIDS clinic and start shooting vitamin C to patients like Dr Cathcart did for other viruses. Even if it only works for 10% of patients. It is not ilegal to administer massive vitamin C doses AFAIK.

And people like Duesberg or the Perth Group would surely know if this method would work.

Cirion

Sorry my mistake I looked more into it and the more accurate answer is that high dose vitamin C can drastically improve symptoms but it does not seem like it can cure it necessarily, at least not at the dosages looked at (200 grams a day).

Jem Oz

HIV is relatively harmless and there is NO connection between HIV and AIDS. The incredible history of that ridiculous premise makes for fascinating reading if you're game. Robert Gallo will go down as one of the biggest frauds in human history whose fraudulent behavior led to the deaths of millions of innocent people.

And now I'll put my soap box away for another day.

Frankdee20

HIV is relatively harmless and there is NO connection between HIV and AIDS. The incredible history of that ridiculous premise makes for fascinating reading if you're game. Robert Gallo will go down as one of the biggest frauds in human history whose fraudulent behavior led to the deaths of millions of innocent people.

That’s what I was getting at more or less

rei

There are numerous cases of spontaneous hiv "remission", but apparently now that they have a product to sell in the pipeline the pivot is towards "cure" using the same diagnostic criteria.

Makrosky

How is it that before the existence of the hiv antiretroviral drugs almost every person HIV positive would fully develop AIDS and die and now with the existence of these drugs nobody develops AIDS, the viral load is almost undetectable and the people can live quite decent lives for many decades without AIDS symptoms?

Makrosky

Sorry my mistake I looked more into it and the more accurate answer is that high dose vitamin C can drastically improve symptoms but it does not seem like it can cure it necessarily, at least not at the dosages looked at (200 grams a day).
If we take the Perth Group hypothesis that AIDS is an extreme oxidative disease and Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, it makes sense.

Anyway I suspect high doses of Vitamin C can drastically improve almost everything.

JayDee

How is it that before the existence of the hiv antiretroviral drugs almost every person HIV positive would fully develop AIDS and die and now with the existence of these drugs nobody develops AIDS, the viral load is almost undetectable and the people can live quite decent lives for many decades without AIDS symptoms?
I would doubt that is even true? IIRC, the tests were not even dependable. I'm 87% sure there is a good answer to your question, but I don't know it ;) Maybe Stefan Lanka or Kary Mullis, (among many) could answer it.

I came across Kary's vids again a few weeks ago. I like how he tells it in 6 minutes...

Why I Quit Hiv with Kary Mullis - Rodney Richards - more HoN

Or the longer one...

Gary Null | Nobel Prize Winner Challenges The Myths About Aids (California microbiologist Kary Mullis, PhD)

tankasnowgod

Well, the cure is related to a bone marrow transplant. This same procedure can be used to jump start the immune system of babies with SCID, which is a condition where the body doesn't produce white blood cells, so it seems very plausible as a cure/treatment. I mainly know about that from the David Vetter (aka Bubble Boy) case. But even the article says it will likely never be a mainstream therapy.

As for your friend, it's terrible that happened to him, although great that it is now undetectable. I read somewhere (want to say in the book "Epidemic of Absense") that there were some babies born in Germany in the early 20th century that were born with a condition that (as described) matched up with HIV/AIDS, and while most died, a third spontaneously recovered and had no trace of the disease. So it is likely that your friend had a similar sort of recovery. No doubt, there are a lot of misconceptions about HIV and AIDS, maybe deliberately propagated.

JayDee

Man, Mullis went out the HIV->AIDS denialism wagon many years ago.
Yet you provide no lead... Moving on to other subjects doesn't mean you have changed our mind.

Neither the Wiki seems to reflect your claim. You would expect they'd have a field day...

Neither is it obvious at first glance on Kary's site. I would expect a more visible note, yet the mildest info I can find also involves your question...

"Regarding AIDS I have published a hypothesis wherein the Retroviridae in general, rather than a particular species, is the problem. This was published in Genetica 95:195- 197, 1995. It offers a mechanism for how the disease develops, and importantly makes predictions that can be experimentally confirmed or falsified easily in rodents. This hypothesis may or may not be true but it illustrates the nature of a useful scientific hypothesis. This is in contrast to the current AIDS establishment’s “It’s the virus, stupid!” No experiments were ever done or even suggested to test the HIV hypothesis. The fact that antiretroviral therapies may prolong the lives of some people infected with retroviruses says nothing more than the fact, that in other cases they are not at all useful. Something is going on here that we don’t understand. Scientists have to keep that in mind."

And finally, he just has a good video or two; not everything hangs on him. But I'm not aware if others have changed their mind.

If your claim is right, it explains better to me why he is a speaker on TED , but I don't see it yet...

tara

I think the HIV virus was identified in the 1980s.

AIUI, not everyone who was infected developed AIDS at the same rate. Some had the virus in their system with little obvious effect on them for quite a while (though they could pass it on to others). Once it developed into diagnosable AIDS, there was not much effective treatment in the beginning, and most died within a few years. Now there are some more effective treatments, and those who have access to them often get to live much longer and healthier.