Gynecomastia May Be A Manifestation Of Improper Posture And Nervous Tone

Diokine

My observations have led me to consider the role of posture and the nervous system in development of gynecomastia. As I began to move my body in new ways, I became very aware of a deficiency in the way I held my shoulders and upper back. Working on correcting this tone has had incredible results in the amount of fat on my chest. I ultimately think the development of breast tissue is related to specific nervous tones in the body, for instance kyphosis is associated with maternal posturing to encourage suckling. The different hormones involved (prolactin, estrogen, etc.,) are intimately involved in the maintenance of these nervous tones.

Neural mediation of nursing and related maternal behaviors.

Gynecomastia following spinal cord disorder.

GABA(A) receptor regulation of kyphotic nursing and female sexual behavior in the caudal ventrolateral periaqueductal gray of postpartum rats.

Last edited by a moderator:

aguilaroja

My observations have led me to consider the role of posture and the nervous system in development of gynecomastia. As I began to move my body in new ways, I became very aware of a deficiency in the way I held my shoulders and upper back. Working on correcting this tone has had incredible results in the amount of fat on my chest....
Gynecomastia following spinal cord disorder.

It’s intriguing to investigate posture, movement and metabolism. Please be mindful that spinal cord injury is substantially different from postural habit and strain.

There are roughly a few thousand new spinal cord injuries occurring yearly in North America. On Pub Med search, there only appear to seven cases total to date reporting gynecomastia relating to spinal cord injury. In the Heruti article, 4 of the 6 cases were spinal injury due to trauma. So these were clear (neurogenic) shock states. Three of the four traumatic spinal cord injuries in the Heruti series had elevated serum prolactin. The fourth case had prolactin near the upper limit of normal.

http://www.archives-pmr.org/article/S0003-9993(97)90171-4/pdf

If you search around, theres a study showing that bad posture leads to increased cortisol, that's probably the connection

Amazoniac

Interactions Of Thiamine, Riboflavin, And Other B-vitamins
[..]research indicates that vitamin E plays a role in building normal muscles and perhaps in maintaining muscle tone. I have a hunch that the lack of vitamin E may be one cause of poor posture seen in perhaps 95 per cent of our population, from the wobbly-headed infant born of a malnourished mother to its stooped grandparents. [..] [Deficient animals] lack strength and energy; their hair becomes dull and later falls out; the thyroid and pituitary glands become underactive. The need for oxygen is tremendously increased.

--
Scientifically Proven Fixes for Your Hunchback - Significant Improvements in Athletes Within 6 Weeks W/ Minimal Effort - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

DaveFoster

There's some evidence that artificially improving posture leads to higher testosterone levels, and probably higher androgens and increased confidence reduce the tendency to slouch.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom