Gynecomastia May Be A Manifestation Of Improper Posture And Nervous Tone

Discussion in 'Health' started by Diokine, May 10, 2017.

1. Diokine

Diokine Member

My observations have led me to consider the role of posture and the nervous system in development of gynecomastia. As I began to move my body in new ways, I became very aware of a deficiency in the way I held my shoulders and upper back. Working on correcting this tone has had incredible results in the amount of fat on my chest. I ultimately think the development of breast tissue is related to specific nervous tones in the body, for instance kyphosis is associated with maternal posturing to encourage suckling. The different hormones involved (prolactin, estrogen, etc.,) are intimately involved in the maintenance of these nervous tones.

Neural mediation of nursing and related maternal behaviors.

Gynecomastia following spinal cord disorder.

GABA(A) receptor regulation of kyphotic nursing and female sexual behavior in the caudal ventrolateral periaqueductal gray of postpartum rats.

2. paymanz

paymanz Member

3. Thoushant

Thoushant Member

Hot damm, This is very intersting, thanks.

4. aguilaroja

aguilaroja Member

It’s intriguing to investigate posture, movement and metabolism. Please be mindful that spinal cord injury is substantially different from postural habit and strain.

There are roughly a few thousand new spinal cord injuries occurring yearly in North America. On Pub Med search, there only appear to seven cases total to date reporting gynecomastia relating to spinal cord injury. In the Heruti article, 4 of the 6 cases were spinal injury due to trauma. So these were clear (neurogenic) shock states. Three of the four traumatic spinal cord injuries in the Heruti series had elevated serum prolactin. The fourth case had prolactin near the upper limit of normal.

http://www.archives-pmr.org/article/S0003-9993(97)90171-4/pdf

5. mayweatherking

mayweatherking Member

If you search around, theres a study showing that bad posture leads to increased cortisol, that's probably the connection

6. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Interactions Of Thiamine, Riboflavin, And Other B-vitamins
    --
    Scientifically Proven Fixes for Your Hunchback - Significant Improvements in Athletes Within 6 Weeks W/ Minimal Effort - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

7. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Writer
    There's some evidence that artificially improving posture leads to higher testosterone levels, and probably higher androgens and increased confidence reduce the tendency to slouch.

8. Guerriex

Guerriex New Member

Can you mention the exercises you did to correct this tone