Guy gets most of his nutrition from homemade powdered shake

jaa

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/rob-rhin ... uires-food

"I don't think we need fruits and veggies, though – we need vitamins and minerals. We need carbs, not bread. Amino acids, not milk."

It will be interesting to see if Rob can keep this up without any negative health consequences. Who's gonna be the first to make the Ray Peat super shake? :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Guy gets most of his nutrition from homemade powdered sh

:shock:

:crazy:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Here is his blog post with the ingredients to the shake. His site is horribly slow at the moment. I am assuming his story must have went viral and his site is getting bombarded.

http://robrhinehart.com/?p=424

Satan

"Iron(18mg): Iron is used by Hemoglobin in the blood to efficiently transport oxygen. Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutritional deficiencies. If you are a vegetarian I recommend taking a supplement. I dissolve iron chellate in fat separately before adding it to the mixture." I cringed when I read that part. He even does the whole 18mg.

Jenn

He adds fish oil for fat. :sick: :sick:

I agree with some extent, you need vitamins and minerals, but you need GOOD fat and good protein, not fake or out of balance amino acids. Milk and OJ would be a more appropriate liquid diet. ;)

narouz

Guy needs to be afraid...very afraid. :?

frustrated

yeah seems as bizarre as straining oj

Isadora

Yeah, we should come up with our own recipe(s)... Actually, how close is Peating to a liquid formula, right? Just dump some powders into OJ and some others into milk (for those who do well on it) and voila! "Raylent" for the OJ/morning stuff and "Peatlent" for the milk based evening formula. :)

Actually, I will do this at home, I always wanted to start my own kitchen lab. I have a good scale from myprotein.com and tons of powders I could combine..:)

kev1

I find this story really interesting. He says that he feels more energetic and that some skin problems disappeared since using the shake.
I believe the biggest advantage of such a shake is its "cleanliness". There are no pesticides or other "unwanted" ingredients. You know EXACTLY what you're getting. And some PUFA is not gonna kill him. This is probably still much more beneficial than the SAD.
I don't think there is just one good way of eating. And the body doesn't know that it's "artificial" food when it's digesting it.
If I could, I would give it a try. Just to see how I feel :)

The problem is that he could get too much or too little of something.
If he gets an excess of a macro/micronutrient and now gets too little, he will feel good in the beginning, but not for long. The same with a deficiency. If he accidentally gets too much, it could have its downsides.
But eating normal food carries the same risks.
I definitely like the idea. I like it when people think outside the box :)

kiran

The difference is, with normal foods your body can give you hints like "more salt please", "less fat please", "more liver" etc etc.

Taking them all together allows your body no say in the matter, only two choices hungry or not hungry.

jyb

kev1 said:
I find this story really interesting. He says that he feels more energetic and that some skin problems disappeared since using the shake.
I believe the biggest advantage of such a shake is its "cleanliness". There are no pesticides or other "unwanted" ingredients. You know EXACTLY what you're getting. And some PUFA is not gonna kill him. This is probably still much more beneficial than the SAD.
I don't think there is just one good way of eating. And the body doesn't know that it's "artificial" food when it's digesting it.
If I could, I would give it a try. Just to see how I feel :)

The problem is that he could get too much or too little of something.
If he gets an excess of a macro/micronutrient and now gets too little, he will feel good in the beginning, but not for long. The same with a deficiency. If he accidentally gets too much, it could have its downsides.
But eating normal food carries the same risks.
I definitely like the idea. I like it when people think outside the box :)

No, I think that compared to a basic Peat diet he probably get a lot more unwanted chemicals due to combining so many artificial sources. Protein powder has ingredients added both labelled or not labelled.