Guy claims high dose Melatonin & Niacin is a cure all and also cures Covid/long Covid and vaccine damage

Callmestar

I wondered what you guys think about this. Dmitry Kat's who is supposedly an epidemiologist/PHD was recently gaining a lot of attention on twitter promoting his protocol of Niacin and Melatonin to cure Covid and vaccine damage. He's since been banned and is now on telegram. He's kicked me out of his group as he doesn't seem to like anyone questioning his protocol or his stance on Ivermectin (which he is completely against). But I have seen quite a few people posting in his groups and on twitter with success stories of curing long Covid symptoms and other health conditions.

He's advising on doses of 20mg melatonin and 1000mg niacin 2/3x a day but also encourages people to take even higher doses of melatonin if they flush from the niacin as supposedly the flush is due to the body not having enough Melatonin.

I am in no way promoting his stuff but am wondering if what he's saying is at all valid and he might be on to something?

His details copied from his telegram group if anyone wants to check it out:

ABOUT
• Created by Dmitry Kats, PhD, MPH
• Published research (during academic tenure): tinyurl.com/DKresearch
• Telegram Group: NIATONIN
• Telegram Channel: ??? Reversal of Vaccine Damage/C19 Testimonials
• GAB: Gab Social
• Facebook Group: Facebook Groups

INDIVIDUALIZED CONSULTATIONS
Book at: niatonin.youcanbook.me

FAQ's
• Should I take Ivermectin?
No, never

• Should I get a flush after taking Niacin?
No. If you have enough melatonin, the niacin will be completely used up. If you flush, you didn't take enough melatonin. Take a bit more melatonin next dose.

• Is there audio/video available?
2-hour interview here:
View: https://t.me/vaccinereversal/190

More coming soon...

OP
C

Callmestar

Here's his protocol:

IMG_20210822_101759.jpg

OP
C

Callmestar

I started the protocol in lower doses and am working my way up, purely based on the fact I've seen so many people posting positive results. I have to admit I've seen some improvement in my health and reduction symptoms. My main health problems/symptoms are dehydration, dry mouth, frequent urination and generally feeling completely depleted which I've posted about on this forum. I've used the protocol for a few days now and have definitely noticed a reduction in urination. Placebo doesn't typically work for me so I can't put it down to that. I've tried tons of supplements/protocols and never usually see any improvement.

AndrewGesell

I wondered what you guys think about this. Dmitry Kat's who is supposedly an epidemiologist/PHD was recently gaining a lot of attention on twitter promoting his protocol of Niacin and Melatonin to cure Covid and vaccine damage. He's since been banned and is now on telegram. He's kicked me out of his group as he doesn't seem to like anyone questioning his protocol or his stance on Ivermectin (which he is completely against). But I have seen quite a few people posting in his groups and on twitter with success stories of curing long Covid symptoms and other health conditions.

He's advising on doses of 20mg melatonin and 1000mg niacin 2/3x a day but also encourages people to take even higher doses of melatonin if they flush from the niacin as supposedly the flush is due to the body not having enough Melatonin.

I am in no way promoting his stuff but am wondering if what he's saying is at all valid and he might be on to something?

His details copied from his telegram group if anyone wants to check it out:

ABOUT
• Created by Dmitry Kats, PhD, MPH
• Published research (during academic tenure): tinyurl.com/DKresearch
• Telegram Group: NIATONIN
• Telegram Channel: ??? Reversal of Vaccine Damage/C19 Testimonials
• GAB: Gab Social
• Facebook Group: Facebook Groups

INDIVIDUALIZED CONSULTATIONS
Book at: niatonin.youcanbook.me

FAQ's
• Should I take Ivermectin?
No, never

• Should I get a flush after taking Niacin?
No. If you have enough melatonin, the niacin will be completely used up. If you flush, you didn't take enough melatonin. Take a bit more melatonin next dose.

• Is there audio/video available?
2-hour interview here:
View: https://t.me/vaccinereversal/190

More coming soon...

I’m healing from long covid. Lysine seems to help. Peaty diet no fasting. Red light used during my second infection restored respiration, seems to restore respiration in general. Time has been the best factor I feel. Seems like I experienced all the horrors of the spike protein (blood clots like you can’t imagine) and now i can live my life and work out again normally.
I hope that protocol works

LeeLemonoil

Is the guy explaining the alleged mechanisms of the protocol or a hypothesis?
I wasn’t aware of melatonin preventing Niacin flushes for a start

OP
C

Callmestar

Is the guy explaining the alleged mechanisms of the protocol or a hypothesis?
I wasn’t aware of melatonin preventing Niacin flushes for a start

This has been my main question and I've tried to ask but face defensive responses. I'm not the most knowledgeable in this area which doesn't help.
The doctor is very active in the telegram group if anyone wants to attempt to ask him.

BibleBeliever

On Melatonin

Ray on melatonin:

Many health food stores are now selling melatonin, to induce sleep and "prevent cancer." They have taken some information out of context, and don't realize how dangerous melatonin is. It makes the brain sluggish, causes the sex organs to shrink, and damages immunity by shrinkingthe thymus gland. It is the hormone of darkness and winter, and is produced in the pineal gland by any stress which increases adrenalin. Adequate sun light suppresses the formation of melatonin.

"
In 1994 A.V. Sirotkin found that melatonin inhibits progesterone production but stimulates estrogen production, and it’s widely recognized that melatonin generally inhibits the thyroid hormones, creating an environment in which fertilization, implantation, and development of the embryo are not possible. This combination of high estrogen with low progesterone and low thyroid decreases the resistance of the organism, predisposing it to seizures and excitotoxic damage, and causing the thymus gland to atrophy. -Ray Peat, PhD

Although melatonin sometimes antagonizes serotonin in a protective way, in itself it can lower body temperature and alertness, suppressing thyroid and progesterone. (Sirotkin, 1997) -Ray Peat, PhD"

Serotonin, melatonin, estrogen, and polyunsaturated fats all tend to lower body temperature. Since estrogen and the unsaturated fats are cellular excitants, the actual decrease in body temperature helps to offset their excitatory effects.

RayPeat recommends niacinamide instead of taking niacin.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=995J-wLnfwA

I think elsewhere he says a very strong darkroast coffee (maybe 150 grams?) has about 50mg of bioavailable niacin.

RealNeat

On Melatonin

Ray on melatonin:

Many health food stores are now selling melatonin, to induce sleep and "prevent cancer." They have taken some information out of context, and don't realize how dangerous melatonin is. It makes the brain sluggish, causes the sex organs to shrink, and damages immunity by shrinkingthe thymus gland. It is the hormone of darkness and winter, and is produced in the pineal gland by any stress which increases adrenalin. Adequate sun light suppresses the formation of melatonin.

"
In 1994 A.V. Sirotkin found that melatonin inhibits progesterone production but stimulates estrogen production, and it’s widely recognized that melatonin generally inhibits the thyroid hormones, creating an environment in which fertilization, implantation, and development of the embryo are not possible. This combination of high estrogen with low progesterone and low thyroid decreases the resistance of the organism, predisposing it to seizures and excitotoxic damage, and causing the thymus gland to atrophy. -Ray Peat, PhD

Although melatonin sometimes antagonizes serotonin in a protective way, in itself it can lower body temperature and alertness, suppressing thyroid and progesterone. (Sirotkin, 1997) -Ray Peat, PhD"

Serotonin, melatonin, estrogen, and polyunsaturated fats all tend to lower body temperature. Since estrogen and the unsaturated fats are cellular excitants, the actual decrease in body temperature helps to offset their excitatory effects.

RayPeat recommends niacinamide instead of taking niacin.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=995J-wLnfwA

I think elsewhere he says a very strong darkroast coffee (maybe 150 grams?) has about 50mg of bioavailable niacin.

These statements on melatonin are taken out of context. Meaning, melatonin is a signal (go to bed, it's dark, your night vision sucks and it's dangerous), when the signal is ignored, it's stressful. When melatonin builds and the person can not sleep and stares at the ceiling in the dark, it's stressful.

I don't know why the thread below is labeled anti-Peat, as he's not wrong, melatonin just has a specific bodily context and outside of that it can be harmful or more actually lead the way to inducing harm.

good info in the thread: Anti-Peat - Melatonin prevents progression/improves macular degeneration instead of causing it, as Ray surmises

it's also important to point out that melatonin is being used mainly as an anti inflammatory and antioxidant in this "Niatonin" protocol, no grogginess should occur if the ratio of Melatonin to Nicotinic Acid is dialed in correctly. Peat has also mentioned that it (Mel) does both of these things and actually had nothing negative to say when taken in physiological doses, around 1mg.

Last edited:

Motif

The niacin flush is a lack of melatonin?
that’s bull****, right?

RealNeat

The niacin flush is a lack of melatonin?
that’s bull****, right?
No. That's not what he is saying. It's not a deficiency of melatonin that's causing the niacin flush, it's to oppose the flush of the supplement for this regimen. No one made the statement that people with sufficient melatonin won't flush, especially since melatonin is a cyclical hormone.

TurboTime

It's unfortunate that he got banned from twitter because he explained things in more detail and answered questions there. Plus you could see the feedback and other people's experiences. That's all gone now. Having all posts deleted on banning is bull****, I really hate TPTB. He was also learning how it all worked and refining the protocol as he went. I guess telegram will be the place for updates now.

OP
C

Callmestar

No. That's not what he is saying. It's not a deficiency of melatonin that's causing the niacin flush, it's to oppose the flush of the supplement for this regimen. No one made the statement that people with sufficient melatonin won't flush, especially since melatonin is a cyclical hormone.

I'm pretty sure he does say the flush is due to a lack of melatonin. He states that having enough Melatonin in the body is what allows the niacin to be used and therefore there is no flush when Melatonin is sufficient.

Again I'd check his telegram group to be sure though.

Perry Staltic

I don't doubt that niacin is beneficial, and maybe his protocol is really good, but Kats strikes me as an attention seeking whack job. For several reasons: Despite there being much positive evidence from around the world of ivermectin's benefit, he has claimed ivermectin doesn't work at all and is very dangerous, and he has labeled its proponents as pharma shills (all of which is preposterously out of touch with reality). He claims high dose niacin is a miracle cure without much evidence to back it up. Someone claimed he got banned for threatening to slit someone's throat and slaughter their family, and posted a screenshot of said post. He used to carry on extended conversations with himself on twitter, which was really pathetic and funny at the same time. His twitter profile was plastered with about a half dozen ways to send him money. So caveat emptor.

Last edited:
Anecdote from my experience: taking 500mg niacin while I had covid made it very difficult to breathe through my nostrils for quite a few hours after. Most unpleasant it was. Half an aspirin, 5 drops of methylene blue, and a large glass of orange juice with 100mg thiamine fixed the breathing problem and allowed me to sleep.

Also, if you're experiencing a mid-39 Celsius fever like I did for 3 nights, you may not enjoy pushing it to 40 by stacking a niacin flush on top.

RealNeat

I don't doubt that niacin is beneficial, and maybe his protocol is really good, but Kats strikes me as an attention seeking whack job. For several reasons: Despite there being much positive evidence from around the world of ivermectin's benefit, he has claimed ivermectin doesn't work at all and is very dangerous, and he has labeled its proponents as pharma shills (all of which is preposterously out of touch with reality). He claims high dose niacin is a miracle cure without much evidence to back it up. Someone claimed he got banned for threatening to slit someone's throat and slaughter their family, and posted a screenshot of said post. He used to carry on extended conversations with himself on twitter, which was really pathetic and funny at the same time. His twitter profile was plastered with about a half dozen ways to send him money. So caveat emptor.
I have clarified what I believe to be the protocol he is recommending to my knowledge, so it may sound like I'm a fan or support him, but in reality I'm just trying to respresent his views accurately. but I agree with these warnings as he gives off some weird vibes. If true what you write is concerning. However Ray has also warned against Ivermectin.

RealNeat

Anecdote from my experience: taking 500mg niacin while I had covid made it very difficult to breathe through my nostrils for quite a few hours after. Most unpleasant it was. Half an aspirin, 5 drops of methylene blue, and a large glass of orange juice with 100mg thiamine fixed the breathing problem and allowed me to sleep.

Also, if you're experiencing a mid-39 Celsius fever like I did for 3 nights, you may not enjoy pushing it to 40 by stacking a niacin flush on top.
How do you think you "caught" it?

How do you think you "caught" it?

I considered starting a thread about it, but didn't know if there would have been enough material to discuss.

I want everyone on the RPF to know: I have no way of ascertaining if I had covid or not. My PCR positive test result in France and my PCR positive test in the Netherlands were both potentially indicative. Of course we know it could have been Influenza A or B or whateverthefucc. As we know, PCR tests are about as accurate as a broken clock, but our governments consider me to have been a covid patient, so I'm discussing, in this context, as if I agree with the status quo.

How did I catch it? Okae.. total broscience moment: I caught it from my gf's family (imho). They all got the Pfizer stabs, so they are all spike protein producing factories. 2+2=4. I've been trying to catch the 'Rona for 1.5 years (I hug and kiss the fucc out of everyboody, if they are like minded of course) and I catch it while living in an Airbnb castle in the south of France for just 8 days??? Without ever leaving the general property? Give me a break. But I can't prove it. Plus my rapid antigen test before leaving the Netherlands (8 days earlier) was negative.

But if not my extended family, perhaps a French gas station supermarket entity infected me. We stopped at 5 on the way from NL to FR.

If anyone wants to know details about recovery, supplementation, timeline (two-three weeks ago, but happy to share more), please just post a comment. I'm happy to talk. My girlfriend's experience will impress even more :D

Summary: Covid is a variant of the flu (even if they gain-of-functioned it, humans suck at "enhancing" biology). You will experience fever for a few days and maybe 1) cough, 2) stuffy nose, 3) poor circulation (subjective), 4) "fatigue" (chicks, not so much dudes, lol).

Feel free to ask me questions. And let me know if it's better for us to start a new thread.

OP
C

Callmestar

I considered starting a thread about it, but didn't know if there would have been enough material to discuss.

I want everyone on the RPF to know: I have no way of ascertaining if I had covid or not. My PCR positive test result in France and my PCR positive test in the Netherlands were both potentially indicative. Of course we know it could have been Influenza A or B or whateverthefucc. As we know, PCR tests are about as accurate as a broken clock, but our governments consider me to have been a covid patient, so I'm discussing, in this context, as if I agree with the status quo.

How did I catch it? Okae.. total broscience moment: I caught it from my gf's family (imho). They all got the Pfizer stabs, so they are all spike protein producing factories. 2+2=4. I've been trying to catch the 'Rona for 1.5 years (I hug and kiss the fucc out of everyboody, if they are like minded of course) and I catch it while living in an Airbnb castle in the south of France for just 8 days??? Without ever leaving the general property? Give me a break. But I can't prove it. Plus my rapid antigen test before leaving the Netherlands (8 days earlier) was negative.

But if not my extended family, perhaps a French gas station supermarket entity infected me. We stopped at 5 on the way from NL to FR.

If anyone wants to know details about recovery, supplementation, timeline (two-three weeks ago, but happy to share more), please just post a comment. I'm happy to talk. My girlfriend's experience will impress even more :D

Summary: Covid is a variant of the flu (even if they gain-of-functioned it, humans suck at "enhancing" biology). You will experience fever for a few days and maybe 1) cough, 2) stuffy nose, 3) poor circulation (subjective), 4) "fatigue" (chicks, not so much dudes, lol).

Feel free to ask me questions. And let me know if it's better for us to start a new thread.

I had Covid last week. I hadn't really had any close contact with any body in weeks, the closest I got to people was in the supermarket. I live alone and work from home.
I had to go into work for a meeting on the Thursday so was around 5 or so work colleagues who I know are all Vaccinated. Coincidence or not, the next day I felt off, then the day after developed typical Covid symptoms and tested positive....
I also got a cold/virus the one and only previous occasion I was around these same people about 2 months earlier. Although that time it wasn't Covid (according to the test).

Coincidence, I'm not so sure.

Back
Top Bottom