Gut Repair After Lots Of Antiobiotics

EIRE24

Only Probiotics wont help you that long. You need them only as a "starter"
Good gut bacteria wants to be fed. Without food bacteria is back to old count in 2 weeks. With soluble fiber the good will increase on its own.

So you need to eat lots of soluble fiber that can be fermented like inulin, pectin, resistant starch.
Fiber like psyllium husks (insoluble fiber) is more to increase stool volume + clean out the gut of bad bacteria / endotoxin. (Ofc some good go with it) Ray Peat recommends Carrot salad for that.

Good bacteria (esp. bifido,prausnitzii and lactobacteria) will fight badbacteria / endotoxin if you got enough of it. + rebuilds your epithelial layer and intestinal barrier ! (by producing Butyrate)

I know lots of people on here do have the idea of having low as possible bacteria count in the gut. But thats just not right. Sure low endotoxin is good. But if you have enough "good" bacteria it will help you to stay in a good homeostasis to keep "bad" things (bacteria, pathogen) from increasing.

@Madato Very good tips! One thing I wanted to ad with my text is the difference between fermentable / unfermentable and soluble/ unsoluble.
Your post caught my attention. I agree with this view on gut.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

I know lots of people on here do have the idea of having low as possible bacteria count in the gut. But thats just not right. Sure low endotoxin is good. But if you have enough "good" bacteria it will help you to stay in a good homeostasis to keep "bad" things (bacteria, pathogen) from increasing.

I agree that aiming for sterility is an an issue, but I tend to agree that so much of the problems these days stem from an overgrowth in the small intestine because we all have crappy stomach acid production and are being encouraged to eat the wrong fiber. Endotoxin problems may stem less from the actual existence of bacteria producing it, and more from damaged intestinal walls from lack of nutrition and stressors/EMF allowing leakages into the blood stream rather than elimination.

I am wary however of taking loads of pills full of bacteria... especially since what will help one person will not necessarily be good for another. And that the obsession with lactic acid producing bacteria is turning out to be another problem - finding probiotics with butyric acid producers and without lactic acid producers is another problem.

I have only had my colostrum for two days but already the inflammatory symptoms and pain in my guts has significantly reduced. :)

EIRE24

I agree that aiming for sterility is an an issue, but I tend to agree that so much of the problems these days stem from an overgrowth in the small intestine because we all have crappy stomach acid production and are being encouraged to eat the wrong fiber. Endotoxin problems may stem less from the actual existence of bacteria producing it, and more from damaged intestinal walls from lack of nutrition and stressors/EMF allowing leakages into the blood stream rather than elimination.

I am wary however of taking loads of pills full of bacteria... especially since what will help one person will not necessarily be good for another. And that the obsession with lactic acid producing bacteria is turning out to be another problem - finding probiotics with butyric acid producers and without lactic acid producers is another problem.

I have only had my colostrum for two days but already the inflammatory symptoms and pain in my guts has significantly reduced. :)
Would someone with issues regards dairy tolerate colostrum well?

Kartoffel

Only Probiotics wont help you that long. You need them only as a "starter"
Good gut bacteria wants to be fed. Without food bacteria is back to old count in 2 weeks. With soluble fiber the good will increase on its own.

So you need to eat lots of soluble fiber that can be fermented like inulin, pectin, resistant starch.
Fiber like psyllium husks (insoluble fiber) is more to increase stool volume + clean out the gut of bad bacteria / endotoxin. (Ofc some good go with it) Ray Peat recommends Carrot salad for that.

Good bacteria (esp. bifido,prausnitzii and lactobacteria) will fight badbacteria / endotoxin if you got enough of it. + rebuilds your epithelial layer and intestinal barrier ! (by producing Butyrate)

@Madato Very good tips! One thing I wanted to ad with my text is the difference between fermentable / unfermentable and soluble/ unsoluble.

I don't buy the probiotics+ lots of fermentable fiber will establish a good environment with beneficial bacteria story. So many people have tried that, and so many people have failed.
- There is still no clear and conclusive evidence telling us which bacteria are good and which are bad.
- Many studies cast serious doubt on the protective role of butyrate
- Fermentable fibers do not significantly increase butyrate production. Insoluble fibers like wheat bran increase butyrate the most, and on the other hand these fibers have been shown
to promote colon cancer.
- It is wishful thinking to assume that you can selectively feed "good" bacteria with lots of soluble fiber while fighting the "bad" ones with probiotics.

The most effective way to change your intestinal flora and promote "good" bacteria is to keep your thyroid function up and strenghten liver function. Several studies have demonstrated the clear link between hypothyroidism/hypoglycemia and bacterial overgrowth. T3 and low stress hormones are the main factors promoting a happy intestine. Low blood sugar and high stress hormones restrict the flow of blood, oxygen, and nutrients to the intestine. So, the most holistic way would be to improve thyroid function and decrease stress hormones. Then the intestinal flora will gradually change and establish a better bacterial mix. Of course, this can be a tricky process since bacterial endotoxin and bad digestion are a powerful problem for the liver and supress thyroid function. This can become a vicious circle, but I don't think that introducing and feeding certain kinds of bacteria is the right place to try and break this circle.

peep

I don't buy the probiotics+ lots of fermentable fiber will establish a good environment with beneficial bacteria story. So many people have tried that, and so many people have failed.
- There is still no clear and conclusive evidence telling us which bacteria are good and which are bad.
Its not really about good or bad bacteria only. There is much more that can be counted to the bad side. Like ROS and other pathogens. And thats why the "good" ones help. ROS and "bad" will lower the count of the "good". Bad bacteria is just a small part of the whole BAD side. Depending on the person, the "bad" can be different.
- Many studies cast serious doubt on the protective role of butyrate
- Fermentable fibers do not significantly increase butyrate production. Insoluble fibers like wheat bran increase butyrate the most, and on the other hand these fibers have been shown
to promote colon cancer.

Wheat bran as well as psysllium husk for ex. is not 100% insoluble. But more insoluble than soluble.
Soluble fiber will always feed some of the bad bacteria too. But it will feed good bacteria more.
Insoluble fiber does help to clear out bacteria , so with combining soluble and insoluble (like wheat bran) you get the benefits from both. 1. Increasing bad more 2. Kick some bad out. The ratio will change with use of BOTH!.

Thats why antibiotics can help, but can do harm too. It depends on the persons "ratio". (If one can say that in a such easy way...)

- It is wishful thinking to assume that you can selectively feed "good" bacteria with lots of soluble fiber while fighting the "bad" ones with probiotics.
Did I say that?
Probiotics are just the bacteria itselfe. To produce Butyrate and other SCFA they need fermentable fibers. Some "really" good effects of the bacteria is not the bacteria count itself!. Its what it does produce.
Thats why people only supplementing probiotics wont be helped that long.

For some the SODs will overwork and produce lots of hydrogen peroxide. So for them the "bad" side is mostly h2o2.

Some will have SIBO,, some will have Candida.

Its more like "good bacteria" vs bad things.

Once your epithelial layer and mucosal layer etc gets down (which is repaired by "good bacteria") "BAD" can do more harm.

Last edited:

Kartoffel

No, insoluble fibers will not help to clear bad bacteria. For most people, consuming more fiber will do the exact opposite - soluble fibers will worsen bacterial overgrowth and cause constipation. The picture is pretty clear for people with bacterial overgrowth - The lower their fiber intake, the healthier they become. Stopping or reducing dietary fiber intake reduces constipation and its associated symptoms

- Wheat bran is not more soluble than insoluble. http://www.scielo.br/pdf/jped/v80n3/en_v80n3a01.pdf And why would wheat bran increase butyrate more than a more soluble fibre like oat bran, if your theory is that soluble fibers are what increase butyrate the most?

You say that it's not about the bacteria but what they make. Unfortunately you cannot really seperate these two issues. The studies on wheat bran have demonstrated that clearly enough I think. Feeding wheat bran increases butyrate (which is theoretically protective against cancer), but it also significantly increases the incidence of cancer. That's where the high-fiber fairytale story falls apart.

peep

You know that this study is not fitting right ?

"To investigate the effect of reducing dietary fiber on patients with idiopathic constipation."
They already got constipation... They did not get constipation through high fiber diets in the first place.

- Sure with SIBo starting insoluble unfermentable fibers, you will clear out your little count of goods too. Whats left is bad bacteria. So ratio got worse..

- Right Wheatbran is not more soluble than insoluble. But more insoluble than soluble. And its still about the fermentation process.

Do you think producing SCFA is the only task of bifido for example?

Dont you think the same amount of butyrate producing bacteria with no "bad" will increase butyrate more than
with lots of bad ones ? Thats why over time mixed fiber helps more.

Kartoffel

You say it's about the fermentation process but forgot to answer this question: "And why would wheat bran increase butyrate more than a more soluble fibre like oat bran, if your theory is that soluble fibers are what increase butyrate the most?"

I think the study I posted is absolutely fitting since this discussion is about how to deal with bacterial overgrowth and its associated problems, is it not?
So, why do you think that reduction of fiber consumption cures or significantly reduces constipation, if you (as you say) need soluble fibers to move stuff along? Soluble fibers feed bacteria that cause inflammation, which causes constipation.

peep

Where did you read, that one needs soluble fibers to move stuff along? Please quote me directly.

First of all I did answer your question. (first post in red), and second the statement that wheat bran is better than everything else for butyrate was yours. Not mine.

Kartoffel

@Kartoffel
Wheat bran: its composition and benefits to health, a European perspective

You actually like studys, so give me some for fiber promoting cancer.
Studys are actually the worst source of information you can take.

Why did you post that table? It proves what I just said about the insolubility of wheat bran.

Nutr Cancer. 1984;6(2):77-85.
Enhancement of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced large bowel tumorigenesis in Balb/c mice by corn, soybean, and wheat brans.
Clapp NK, Henke MA, London JF, Shock TL.
This study was designed to determine the effects of four well-characterized dietary brans on large bowel tumorigenesis induced in mice with 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH). Eight-week-old barrier-derived male Balb/c mice were fed a semisynthetic diet with 20% bran added (either corn, soybean, soft winter wheat, or hard spring wheat) or a no-fiber-added control diet. Half of each group was given DMH (20 mg/kg body weight/week, subcutaneously for 10 weeks) beginning at 11 weeks of age. Surviving mice were killed 40 weeks after the first DMH injection. Tumors were not found in mice not subjected to DMH. In DMH-treated mice, tumors were found almost exclusively in the distal colon. Tumor incidences were as follows: controls, 11%; soybean group, 44%; soft winter wheat group, 48%; hard spring wheat group, 58%; and corn group, 72%. Tumors per tumor-bearing mouse ranged from 1.4 to 1.6, except in the corn group, which had 2.1. A positive correlation was found between percentage of neutral detergent fiber in the brans and tumor incidences but not between the individual components of cellulose, hemicellulose, or lignin. The enhancement of DMH-induced large bowel tumorigenesis by all four bran types may reflect a species and/or mouse strain effect that is bran-source related. These data emphasize the importance of using well-defined bran in all “fiber” studies.

Cancer Res. 1983 Sep;43(9):4057-61.
Enhancement of rat colon carcinogenesis by wheat bran consumption during the stage of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine administration.
Jacobs LR.
These results demonstrate that dietary wheat bran, a fiber which produces a hyperproliferative response in the colon, significantly increases colon carcinogenesis when fed to rats during the stage of carcinogen administration. This effect appears to be further enhanced when the wheat bran is totally removed from the diet following the stage of carcinogen administration. These data indicate that the hyperproliferative effects of wheat bran appear to outweigh any preventive actions that bran may have on colon carcinogenesis by altering the bulk of intestinal contents and their transit time through the bowel.

Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1986 Dec;183(3):299-310.
Relationship between dietary fiber and cancer: metabolic, physiologic, and cellular mechanisms.
Jacobs LR.
The relationships between fiber consumption and human cancer rates have been examined, together with an analysis of the effects of individual dietary fibers on the experimental induction of large bowel cancer. The human epidemiology indicates an inverse correlation between high fiber consumption and lower colon cancer rates. Cereal fiber sources show the most consistent negative correlation. However, human case-control studies in general fail to confirm any protective effect due to dietary fiber. Case-control studies indicate that if any source of dietary fiber is possibly antineoplastic then it is probably vegetables. These results may mean that purified fibers alone do not inhibit tumor development, whereas it is likely that some other factors present in vegetables are antineoplastic. Experiments in laboratory animals, using chemical induction of large bowel cancer, have in general shown a protective effect with supplements of poorly fermentable fibers such as wheat bran or cellulose. In contrast, a number of fermentable fiber supplements including pectin, corn bran, oat bran, undegraded carageenan, agar, psyllium, guar gum, and alfalfa have been shown to enhance tumor development. Possible mechanisms by which fibers may inhibit colon tumorigenesis include dilution and adsorption of any carcinogens and/or promoters contained within the intestinal lumen, the modulation of colonic microbial metabolic activity, and biological modification of intestinal epithelial cells. Dietary fibers not only bind carcinogens, bile acids, and other potential toxins but also essential nutrients, such as minerals, which can inhibit the carcinogenic process. Fermentation of fibers within the large bowel results in the production of short chain fatty acids, which in vivo stimulate cell proliferation, while butyrate appears to be antineoplastic in vitro. Evidence suggests that if dietary fibers stimulate cell proliferation during the stage of initiation, then this may lead to tumor enhancement. Fermentation also lowers luminal pH, which in turn modifies colonic microbial metabolic acidity, and is associated with increased epithelial cell proliferation and colon carcinogenesis. Because dietary fibers differ in their physiochemical properties it has been difficult to identify a single mechanism by which fibers modify colon carcinogenesis. Clearly, more metabolic and physiological studies are needed to fully define the mechanisms by which certain fibers inhibit while others enhance experimental colon carcinogenesis.

Prev Med. 1987 Jul;16(4):540-4.
Fiber, stool bulk, and bile acid output: implications for colon cancer risk.
McPherson-Kay R.
Dietary fiber has direct effects on stool bulk and bile acid output that may be of relevance in the etiology of colon cancer. Most types of fiber increase the total volume of stool and reduce the concentration of specific substances, including bile acids, that are in contact with the bowel wall. However, fibers differ in their effect on stool bulk, with wheat fiber being a more effective stool bulking agent than fruit and vegetable fibers. In addition, the extent to which a specific fiber reduces bile acid concentration will be modified by its concomitant effects on total fecal sterol excretion. Whereas wheat bran reduces fecal bile acid concentration, pectin, lignin, and oat bran do not. These three fibers significantly increase total bile acid output. Bile acids act as promoters of colonic tumors in mutagenesis assay systems and in various animal models. Human epidemiological studies show a relationship between various dietary variables, including fat and fiber intake, fecal concentration of bile acids, and colon cancer risk.

peep

Why did you post that table? It proves what I just said about the insolubility of wheat bran.

No I said its not 100% insoluble.
ME: "Wheat bran as well as psysllium husk for ex. is not 100% insoluble. But more insoluble than soluble. "

You said it is. But misquoted my statement first.
YOU: "Wheat bran is not more soluble than insoluble."

AND this link says 1,5 -4 % soluble .

peep

Nutr Cancer. 1984;6(2):77-85.
Enhancement of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced large bowel tumorigenesis in Balb/c mice by corn, soybean, and wheat brans.
Clapp NK, Henke MA, London JF, Shock TL.
This study was designed to determine the effects of four well-characterized dietary brans on large bowel tumorigenesis induced in mice with 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH). Eight-week-old barrier-derived male Balb/c mice were fed a semisynthetic diet with 20% bran added (either corn, soybean, soft winter wheat, or hard spring wheat) or a no-fiber-added control diet. Half of each group was given DMH (20 mg/kg body weight/week, subcutaneously for 10 weeks) beginning at 11 weeks of age. Surviving mice were killed 40 weeks after the first DMH injection. Tumors were not found in mice not subjected to DMH. In DMH-treated mice, tumors were found almost exclusively in the distal colon. Tumor incidences were as follows: controls, 11%; soybean group, 44%; soft winter wheat group, 48%; hard spring wheat group, 58%; and corn group, 72%. Tumors per tumor-bearing mouse ranged from 1.4 to 1.6, except in the corn group, which had 2.1. A positive correlation was found between percentage of neutral detergent fiber in the brans and tumor incidences but not between the individual components of cellulose, hemicellulose, or lignin. The enhancement of DMH-induced large bowel tumorigenesis by all four bran types may reflect a species and/or mouse strain effect that is bran-source related. These data emphasize the importance of using well-defined bran in all “fiber” studies.

Cancer Res. 1983 Sep;43(9):4057-61.
Enhancement of rat colon carcinogenesis by wheat bran consumption during the stage of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine administration.
Jacobs LR.
These results demonstrate that dietary wheat bran, a fiber which produces a hyperproliferative response in the colon, significantly increases colon carcinogenesis when fed to rats during the stage of carcinogen administration. This effect appears to be further enhanced when the wheat bran is totally removed from the diet following the stage of carcinogen administration. These data indicate that the hyperproliferative effects of wheat bran appear to outweigh any preventive actions that bran may have on colon carcinogenesis by altering the bulk of intestinal contents and their transit time through the bowel.

Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1986 Dec;183(3):299-310.
Relationship between dietary fiber and cancer: metabolic, physiologic, and cellular mechanisms.
Jacobs LR.
The relationships between fiber consumption and human cancer rates have been examined, together with an analysis of the effects of individual dietary fibers on the experimental induction of large bowel cancer. The human epidemiology indicates an inverse correlation between high fiber consumption and lower colon cancer rates. Cereal fiber sources show the most consistent negative correlation. However, human case-control studies in general fail to confirm any protective effect due to dietary fiber. Case-control studies indicate that if any source of dietary fiber is possibly antineoplastic then it is probably vegetables. These results may mean that purified fibers alone do not inhibit tumor development, whereas it is likely that some other factors present in vegetables are antineoplastic. Experiments in laboratory animals, using chemical induction of large bowel cancer, have in general shown a protective effect with supplements of poorly fermentable fibers such as wheat bran or cellulose. In contrast, a number of fermentable fiber supplements including pectin, corn bran, oat bran, undegraded carageenan, agar, psyllium, guar gum, and alfalfa have been shown to enhance tumor development. Possible mechanisms by which fibers may inhibit colon tumorigenesis include dilution and adsorption of any carcinogens and/or promoters contained within the intestinal lumen, the modulation of colonic microbial metabolic activity, and biological modification of intestinal epithelial cells. Dietary fibers not only bind carcinogens, bile acids, and other potential toxins but also essential nutrients, such as minerals, which can inhibit the carcinogenic process. Fermentation of fibers within the large bowel results in the production of short chain fatty acids, which in vivo stimulate cell proliferation, while butyrate appears to be antineoplastic in vitro. Evidence suggests that if dietary fibers stimulate cell proliferation during the stage of initiation, then this may lead to tumor enhancement. Fermentation also lowers luminal pH, which in turn modifies colonic microbial metabolic acidity, and is associated with increased epithelial cell proliferation and colon carcinogenesis. Because dietary fibers differ in their physiochemical properties it has been difficult to identify a single mechanism by which fibers modify colon carcinogenesis. Clearly, more metabolic and physiological studies are needed to fully define the mechanisms by which certain fibers inhibit while others enhance experimental colon carcinogenesis.

Prev Med. 1987 Jul;16(4):540-4.
Fiber, stool bulk, and bile acid output: implications for colon cancer risk.
McPherson-Kay R.
Dietary fiber has direct effects on stool bulk and bile acid output that may be of relevance in the etiology of colon cancer. Most types of fiber increase the total volume of stool and reduce the concentration of specific substances, including bile acids, that are in contact with the bowel wall. However, fibers differ in their effect on stool bulk, with wheat fiber being a more effective stool bulking agent than fruit and vegetable fibers. In addition, the extent to which a specific fiber reduces bile acid concentration will be modified by its concomitant effects on total fecal sterol excretion. Whereas wheat bran reduces fecal bile acid concentration, pectin, lignin, and oat bran do not. These three fibers significantly increase total bile acid output. Bile acids act as promoters of colonic tumors in mutagenesis assay systems and in various animal models. Human epidemiological studies show a relationship between various dietary variables, including fat and fiber intake, fecal concentration of bile acids, and colon cancer risk.

Yes thats all ok.

Wheat bran = insoluble

That will clear out good too . (both bad and good)

SO if you got a low count of good (which protect you from cancer & feed with soluble)

YOU end up with less good than before.

Your problem is just that you dont really think of the INITUAL SITUATION!
(thats a problem with every statement and study) Everybody is different.

Kartoffel

Of course I think about the initial situation, that's my whole point. Again, for people with bacterial overgrowth is that they have too many "bad" bacteria grwoing in their intestine. This is why they will get worse when they eat lots of soluble fibers, because those fibers will increase the number of bacteria even further. You just acknowledged that.
Your solution to this is: Give them "good" bacteria (probiotics) first and then feed lots of soluble fiber to feed the good bacteria. So, now we are right back where we started. I say: Show me any evidence that this works. Many people have tried this approach and ended up worse than they started. Certain types of fiber like potato might be beneficial for people with a good mix of bacteria in their intestine, but you're talking about other fiber sources and think that you can radically change the intestinal flora with probiotics and soluble fiber.

peep

I think the study I posted is absolutely fitting since this discussion is about how to deal with bacterial overgrowth and its associated problems, is it not?
So, why do you think that reduction of fiber consumption cures or significantly reduces constipation, if you (as you say) need soluble fibers to move stuff along? Soluble fibers feed bacteria that cause inflammation, which causes constipation.

What do you think is diarrhea?
Body cant take up water out of your stool. So it keeps beeing watery.
Either from inflammed walls or just fast bowel movements.

Constipation can be slow bowelmovements what can lead to increased water absorption of the colon.
If you increase Insoluble fiber they will soak up even more water out of the "poop". (which are against diarrhea for that reason)
Of yourse your constipation gets worse with adding more of that sort of fiber ? @Kartoffel

peep

Of course I think about the initial situation, that's my whole point. Again, for people with bacterial overgrowth is that they have too many "bad" bacteria grwoing in their intestine. This is why they will get worse when they eat lots of soluble fibers, because those fibers will increase the number of bacteria even further. You just acknowledged that.
Your solution to this is: Give them "good" bacteria (probiotics) first and then feed lots of soluble fiber to feed the good bacteria. So, now we are right back where we started. I say: Show me any evidence that this works. Many people have tried this approach and ended up worse than they started. Certain types of fiber like potato might be beneficial for people with a good mix of bacteria in their intestine, but you're talking about other fiber sources and think that you can radically change the intestinal flora with probiotics and soluble fiber.

But they will get even worse with Insoluble fiber cleaning out the small count of goods.

Example

Start 70% bad 30% good. = 70 bad 30 good (Bacterial overgrowth case)

A healthy body is doing this automatically to keep homeostasis:

Soluble-> feeds more good than bad. 80 bad & 53 good. =60% bad 40% good. = (Better ratio but also more bad! )

Insoluble -> cleans out 10% --> 72 bad & 48 good. (( Better ratio than before + more good!)

You see, only one kind of fiber does not work.

Antibiotics:

Start: 70 bad / 30 good.
After 7 bad / 3 good.

Dont help the good ones after -> bad will increase faster (bc of ratio)

Example SIBO and only INSOLUBLE FIBER:

Start 70 bad 30 good = 70% bad/ 30% good.

100% insoluble fiber: -> 63 bad & 27 good (overall ratio did not change but afterwards you re left with even less good ones.)

Insoluble fiber is kind of like antiobiotics.
Its why RP suggests carrot salad as Endotoxin removal.

Easiest way to go
1. get "sterile" gut
2. probiotics + 2 kinds of fiber.

And not probiotics alone or fiber alone. Does not work

Kartoffel

Constipation can be slow bowelmovements what can lead to increased water absorption of the colon.
If you increase Insoluble fiber they will soak up even more water out of the "poop". (which are against diarrhea for that reason)
Of yourse your constipation gets worse with adding more of that sort of fiber ? @Kartoffel

You try to make it sounds as if constipation and diarrhea are just results of the addition or substraction of water caused by a specific amount of soluble fiber that is consumed. So is constipation just an attempt of the body to remove more water from the stool to prevent diarrhea? This is very simplistic. The movement through the colon is dependent on the contraction of the smooth muscles in the intestine. Inflammation interrupts this process and the movement of food stuff is slowed down. Bacteria will thrive on the stuff that gets stuck in the colon and will produce even more inflammation. As a result of the constipation caused by inflammation the body will increase the production of serotonin, which causes the intestinal smooth muscles to contract so that stuff is moved through the intestine. Most people with bacterial overgrowth alternate between constipation and diarrhea, they are stuck in a constant cascade of inflammation and increased serotonin, and this becomes a pathological circle, if it continues.

peep

You try to make it sounds as if constipation and diarrhea are just results of the addition or substraction of water caused by a specific amount of soluble fiber that is consumed. So is constipation just an attempt of the body to remove more water from the stool to prevent diarrhea? This is very simplistic. The movement through the colon is dependent on the contraction of the smooth muscles in the intestine. Inflammation interrupts this process and the movement of food stuff is slowed down. Bacteria will thrive on the stuff that gets stuck in the colon and will produce even more inflammation. As a result of the constipation caused by inflammation the body will increase the production of serotonin, which causes the intestinal smooth muscles to contract so that stuff is moved through the intestine. Most people with bacterial overgrowth alternate between constipation and diarrhea, they are stuck in a constant cascade of inflammation and increased serotonin, and this becomes a pathological circle, if it continues.

No inflammation does not slow down !. Think of IBDs. The colon is inflammed and cant take up water-> faster excretion.

Do you like food (or anything) in a inflammed wound of yours short or long time?

If the muscle contractions slows down, there is just more time to take up water.
As easy as fast bm -> more water
slow bm -> less water

Have you ever had diarrhea ? :D

And no constopation is not a attempt of the body. The reason for constipation can be different.
But just think of Magnesium as a laxative. Calcium is hydrophobic, while magnesium is hydrophilic.
This means that calcium tends to dry out, and magnesium tends to attract water to itself and will attract water into the intestines, causing diarrhea in some cases.

Kray

What about carrot salad, low fiber otherwise, and Florassist, which has probiotics and bacteriophages, after a course of antibiotics? Or, what about just bacteriophages, such as Floraphage?

EIRE24

But they will get even worse with Insoluble fiber cleaning out the small count of goods.

Example

Start 70% bad 30% good. = 70 bad 30 good (Bacterial overgrowth case)

A healthy body is doing this automatically to keep homeostasis:

Soluble-> feeds more good than bad. 80 bad & 53 good. =60% bad 40% good. = (Better ratio but also more bad! )

Insoluble -> cleans out 10% --> 72 bad & 48 good. (( Better ratio than before + more good!)

You see, only one kind of fiber does not work.

Antibiotics:

Start: 70 bad / 30 good.
After 7 bad / 3 good.

Dont help the good ones after -> bad will increase faster (bc of ratio)

Example SIBO and only INSOLUBLE FIBER:

Start 70 bad 30 good = 70% bad/ 30% good.

100% insoluble fiber: -> 63 bad & 27 good (overall ratio did not change but afterwards you re left with even less good ones.)

Insoluble fiber is kind of like antiobiotics.
Its why RP suggests carrot salad as Endotoxin removal.

Easiest way to go
1. get "sterile" gut
2. probiotics + 2 kinds of fiber.

And not probiotics alone or fiber alone. Does not work
This is a good example but the real thing is how do you increase the good and not the bad if you are in situation example two with 70 bad and 30 good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals