Gut Protocol For Insulin Resistance, Metabolism, And Energy

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

@Tarmander Got my results yesterday and I have uploaded the data to MP.

Found a lot of interesting connections - deviating bacteria that correlates with 3 of my biggest issues (Fatigue/CFS, allergies and rosacea).

In one video Ken says that people with CFS should avoid probiotics that is lactic acid producers as it can increase bran fog. One of the probiotics I get as a "To add or increase" is a one that is lactic acid producer. But when I make some analysis of the probiotic it has some great benefits for my bacteria. How would you do? Would you test it as it seem to be very beneficial for my bacteria or would you avoid it as it is a lactic acid producer?

Which level of detail do you use? "Family, Genus, species and below" is set as default, but as I understand if you change to "Genus, species and below" you get a more detailed information. I am able to get suggestions even though I use "Genus, species and below" or even the finest one, maybe I should use that?

Human milk oligosaccharides is my number one thing to increase, is that one possible to get as a supplement (without breastfeeding, haha)?
I can find it here but I do not know if it is a serious product: Layer Origin - PureHMO Prebiotic - Human Milk Oligosaccharide (HMO 2-F
Whether to go for those probiotics is up to you. I tend to avoid them as probiotics do not seem as useful to me as herbs, prebiotics, and foods from my experience with them. They are usually more costly too.

I tend to use the default setting on the recommendations but have toyed around a bit with going below family, genus, etc. Not sure I have gotten a ton of value out of it. There are so many options for tweaking the data you can get it to recommend almost anything. So stick with some parameters over a few tests and go from there.

You can definitely get HMO from amazon and other online retailers. I have bought that one you linked before and it was fine.

wayney

Whether to go for those probiotics is up to you. I tend to avoid them as probiotics do not seem as useful to me as herbs, prebiotics, and foods from my experience with them. They are usually more costly too.

I tend to use the default setting on the recommendations but have toyed around a bit with going below family, genus, etc. Not sure I have gotten a ton of value out of it. There are so many options for tweaking the data you can get it to recommend almost anything. So stick with some parameters over a few tests and go from there.

You can definitely get HMO from amazon and other online retailers. I have bought that one you linked before and it was fine.
Okay, thanks for the answer!

Dr. B

@Tarmander Got my results yesterday and I have uploaded the data to MP.

Found a lot of interesting connections - deviating bacteria that correlates with 3 of my biggest issues (Fatigue/CFS, allergies and rosacea).

In one video Ken says that people with CFS should avoid probiotics that is lactic acid producers as it can increase bran fog. One of the probiotics I get as a "To add or increase" is a one that is lactic acid producer. But when I make some analysis of the probiotic it has some great benefits for my bacteria. How would you do? Would you test it as it seem to be very beneficial for my bacteria or would you avoid it as it is a lactic acid producer?

Which level of detail do you use? "Family, Genus, species and below" is set as default, but as I understand if you change to "Genus, species and below" you get a more detailed information. I am able to get suggestions even though I use "Genus, species and below" or even the finest one, maybe I should use that?

Human milk oligosaccharides is my number one thing to increase, is that one possible to get as a supplement (without breastfeeding, haha)?
I can find it here but I do not know if it is a serious product: Layer Origin - PureHMO Prebiotic - Human Milk Oligosaccharide (HMO 2-F
apparently human milk is found online, mainly marketed for mothers looking to feed their babies real breast milk but who knows how healthy it is, what those people are eating etc. they may be eating lots of pufa, or vaccinated etc. but have you found any sources of it.
what about cow or other mammalian colostrum? dolphin milk? whale or big cat milk? how do they taste, what are the benefits

wayney

Looking at Mutaflor and E.coli - according to MP there is 3 studies showing that Mutaflor decreases E.coli and 1 studie showing that Mutaflor increases E.coli.
I am pretty low in E.coli so was thinking of buying some Mutaflor, but now when I see this it's more likely that i will decrease it.
I have taken Mutaflor for 3-4 years ago and didn't notice anything at all.

Maybe Symbioflor 2 is a better alternative - all studies showing of increasing E.coli.

I'm a little bit sceptic to probiotics (as you also are), I have tried a lot but never felt anything. Symbioflor 2 looks interesting so maybe i try that one.
Have you tried it?

Last edited:
OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Looking at Mutaflor and E.coli - according to MP there is 3 studies showing that Mutaflor decreases E.coli and 1 studie showing that Mutaflor increases E.coli.
I am pretty low in E.coli so was thinking of buying some Mutaflor, but now when I see this it's more likely that i will decrease it.
I have taken Mutaflor for 3-4 years ago and didn't notice anything at all.

Maybe Symbioflor 2 is a better alternative - all studies showing of increasing E.coli.

I'm a little bit sceptic to probiotics (as you also are), I have tried a lot but never felt anything. Symbioflor 2 looks interesting so maybe i try that one.
Have you tried it?
yeah there is a whole thread on mutaflor on this forum, you should check it out. What i said about probiotics above, I would exempt mutaflor from. I like it.

wayney

yeah there is a whole thread on mutaflor on this forum, you should check it out. What i said about probiotics above, I would exempt mutaflor from. I like it.
Thanks, just read the thread.

I will probably try Symbioflor 2 first and see what effect it has. I can get Mutaflor shipped from Germany but it will take a some days to get it, so I'm afraid that the shipping will take more then 72 hours and then the product might have lost it's potency. Symbioflor 2 is not that sensitive to temps.

I saw in the beginning of the thread the you pulse it, do you still do that or have you changed your opinion on that? If you pulse it, do you take it for 2 weeks and then some weeks off?

I guess that you can take Symbioflor 2 alone, or do you need to take Symbioflor 1 at the same time? As you can take Mutaflor alone I guess that you can take Symbioflor 2 alone. This blog post from Ken made me uncertain: Symbioflor-2: Another E.Coli Probiotic

Enterococcus faecalis and E.Coli work together — so I recommend taking them together. Typically starting at one drop of each in a glass of water and increasing the dosage.

According to MP Symbioflor 1 has more negative effect than positive for me so I do not want to take it.

Last edited:

Korven

What does it do for you?

I just started talking symbioflor 1 ,which is more for sinusitis and bronchitis and contains E. faecalis instead of E. Coli bacteria.

Hey sorry for the late reply, I just saw this now. I'm back on round 2 of taking Symbioflor 1 and 2, currently taking 10 drops of each 2-3 x daily. Here's what I've noticed so far:

- Improved digestion, specifically more well-formed stool and no signs of malabsorption (both have been problems in the past for me).
- Better sleep. Don't wake up as much during the night and I wake up feeling more rested.
- Feeling more chilled out or calm, so mood is better.
- Energy: I can't say for sure, maybe it's helping because I'm sleeping better? Not sure.
- Immunity: Difficult to say, hopefully adding back in E. coli will help my immune system and reduce autoimmune/inflammatory/CFS symptoms.

That's about it. I think out of all probiotics I've tried, the Symbioflor 2 has been really effective. It makes sense because according to a gut microbiome test I had 0% E. coli, and I've also done a lab where I did a faecal culture on my own poop and looked at the colonies under a microscope, and I couldn't find any gram-negative rod shaped E. coli creatures.