Gut Motility: Desired Transit Time And How To Achieve It?

OP
managing

managing

and how could we forget Coconut oil
Among all its good benefits, also speeds/facilitates motility? Do you mean simply using it in your d2d cooking, or taking say a tbs or so?

I've had some success with bile salts moving things a little more consistently and blunting the endo. No idea of RPs thoughts. My concern is it could/does contain iron, but should be completely unavailable and in fact should (?) sequester more iron.

Another way to come at this is, assuming good thyroid, what could cause slow gut? I definitely notice it is better on days I exercise in am, but I can't every day.

OP
managing

managing

So when you get endotoxin symptoms, you get hot? For me, when there is trouble in my stomach, I usually become colder.
I do. If by "stomach" you mean that literally, that could be the difference. I almost never have stomach trouble per se. Location for me is intestinal. Judging from incidence right around an hour after I eat, I would say duodenum.

EDIT: By the way, I mean unpleasantly hot. And you can't cool down. At those times I could walk around shirtless in 50 degree weather. I feel the cold, but I am not cold. That might sound like a good thing, but now try walking around fully clothed in 80 degrees. No fun.

Last edited:
OP
managing

managing

My bowel movements have improved recently, although changed a number of things. More magnesium, more fat and more consistent with carrot.
BTW, I can't take raw carrot. I am apparently among the relatively small minority who is allergic. I get real asthma symptoms from it.

tara

I know it kills bacteria in the gut (coconut oil) and any thing that remove gas producing gut bacteria will make digestion more efficient and thus faster.
I did a quick google on the subject and found this fancy info graphic.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 143
lol I take charcoal. I don't look at my stool usually :) but charcoal is amazing at shrinking my stomach and wiping those damn endotoxin. I actually get very warmed up after a charcoal session. It increases my metabolism for sure.

How much charcoal do you take?

XPlus

My experience is it's best cleared out right after a meal. I've also observed this in healthy animals. They poop right after they eat.

Q: I've recently been having one or two pieces of xylitol based gum after meals. I usually have 1 bowel movement a day but noticed after chewing gum it goes up to 3-5. Is this artificial increase in bowel movements a beneficial effect?

RP said:
I think it’s healthiest for the bowel to move after each meal, chewing the gum might be reinforcing a natural reflex.

Making sure thyroid is up and eating easy to digest foods while avoiding the offending ones helps a lot. Then there's the manual plumping with things like cascara, charcoal and antibiotics. Carrots are a mild sweeper and help with maintenance.
Cascara and resistant fibres (e.g. carrots and bamboo shoots, etc) tend to be constipative. Their effect could be offset with some laxative like cascara and oral magnesium, if necessary.
Antibiotics could help short term as a quick fix or used in bursts as part of resolving SIBO over the long-term and probably best accompanied with some fibre to sweep bacteria and their toxins.

Last edited:

EIRE24

My experience is it's best cleared out right after a meal. I've also observed this in healthy animals. They poop right after they eat.

Making sure thyroid is up and eating easy to digest foods while avoiding the offending ones helps a lot. Then there's the manual plumping with things like cascara, charcoal and antibiotics. Carrots are a mild sweeper and help with maintenance.
Cascara and resistant fibres (e.g. carrots and bamboo shoots, etc) tend to be constipative. Their effect could be offset with some laxative like cascara and oral magnesium, if necessary.
Antibiotics could help short term as a quick fix or used in bursts as part of resolving SIBO over the long-term and probably best accompanied with some fibre to sweep bacteria and their toxins.

Weird that you posted this now. I've been thinking about doing a short course of an antibiotic for acne as I suspect it's gut problems that's causing it. Would an antibiotic be bad if something like leaky gut was there?

milk_lover

My father thinks if he goes to the bathroom directly after a meal, that means the meal is not clean lol.

Do you think penicillin with some charcoal would be very effective for eliminating endotoxin? I am tempted to try antibiotics and see how they affect me.

EIRE24

My father thinks if he goes to the bathroom directly after a meal, that means the meal is not clean lol.

Do you think penicillin with some charcoal would be very effective for eliminating endotoxin? I am tempted to try antibiotics and see how they affect me.

+1 to trying the antibiotics

OP
managing

managing

@managing

Boiled mushrooms substitute the raw carrot.
I've seen this before. To elaborate: I take (fresh, not dried?) (button?) mushrooms, drop them in a pot of boiling water for (how long?) and then eat the mushrooms and discard the water?

When I cook, I would use the water to make a sauce or something, because there is a lot of flavor and umami there. Is there anything bad in that water that I ought to discard, or good to consume it?

Need to eat them whole? Blend?

If ok to use the water I cooked it in and blend it, if I made cream of mushroom soup, that would be really cool RP food?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've seen this before. To elaborate: I take (fresh, not dried?) (button?) mushrooms, drop them in a pot of boiling water for (how long?) and then eat the mushrooms and discard the water?

When I cook, I would use the water to make a sauce or something, because there is a lot of flavor and umami there. Is there anything bad in that water that I ought to discard, or good to consume it?

Need to eat them whole? Blend?

If ok to use the water I cooked it in and blend it, if I made cream of mushroom soup, that would be really cool RP food?
Personally I've been boiling the mushrooms for 2-3 hours and I always consume the water I boil them in because it's delicious. Here is a good mushroom thread.
How To Eat Mushrooms?

OP
managing

managing

I've considered this. How much credence would you give to SIYO (ie Yeast overgrowth)? As I understand it, RP discounts that probability, but some users here (@narouz I think?) have expressed this occurring with them personally.

Regarding antibiotic for SIBO, what would you/RP recommend? I think I recall amoxicillin being RP preferred but can't remember.

DaveFoster

@managing

Ray suggests that the best way to keep Candida Albicans under control is to feed them sugar, else they burrow deeper into your tissues to scavenge glucose, which leads to great inflammation.

Something that I use is S. Boulardii. I recommend the Jarrow's brand, which you can find on Amazon. I think it helps my mood. (It's a yeast that fights the Candida yeast.)

tara

Do you think penicillin with some charcoal would be very effective for eliminating endotoxin?
Charcoal is likely to absorb and reduce the effectiveness of most (all?) medicines (and supplements).