Gut Motility: Desired Transit Time And How To Achieve It?

milk_lover

Yes, I think that's a good reaction to a bad meal. So offending things can be cleared out pretty quickly.
But then I think diarrhea follows and there would be an urge to let go several times.
The healthy movements after a meal I suspect should be normal without much urge.

I haven't had experiences with penicillin since childhood but I'm coming to realise that the fight against intestinal bacteria is game of patience - more like chess. Its about using benign things like aspirin, coconut oil and saturated fats, carrots, cascara on the long term. Also, it's about picking the right foods, carefully, depending on how obvious bacterial over growth is. Less starch and junk at times when you feel bacteria is taking over your gut. In the end, it really comes down to how healthy your overall physiology is. Supporting respiration and building resilience is what keeps bacteria at bay. With very good health status, sometimes you might eat an offending food or simply get sick because of stress but you recover very quickly with help of an antibiotic. It's smooth sailing after one course and you'll not need to be dependent on it. If you still have a lot of work to be done on your health, you probably only benefit from antibiotics temporarily.
Characoal I think is best used occasionally, when you screw up real bad.
Although, Peat mentioned that he used penicillin in the past, now it seems to me that Tetracycline is his more preferable antibiotic with Doxycycline being ok.

Wow great things in this post, thank you XPlus :)

I like the chess analogy because it makes sense and I like to play it.

Now I think back of my charcoal experiment two weeks ago and it seems that when I first did it, I got the most benefits and then the benefits died off pretty quickly that I started to get negative effects from it like increase water retention in the **** lol and general feeling of illness. It's smart to use as emergency only like you said.

Cascara. So what if you don't have the aged one RP recommended? I have the regular store bought with minimal bad ingredients. Would that still be considered on the long term in taming our gut bacteria?

XPlus

Yeah charcoal can be very constipative.
I'd try to get the real deal from Italy. It might be counterproductive to use if it doesn't give you any sort of relief.

milk_lover

Yeah charcoal can be very constipative.
I'd try to get the real deal from Italy. It might be counterproductive to use if it doesn't give you any sort of relief.
I see benefits from it and it certainly helps with motility. Now my rank of bacteria fighting tools are 1- carrots and co (cooked bamboo shoot and mushrooms) 2- cascara/emodin 3- emergency stuff like charcoal and antibiotics.

Birdie

Two considerations for taking tetracycline type antibiotics. First, they need to be taken away from calcium sources like milk. An hour away if I remember right. Second, you need to remain upright, not lie down, for some period of time. Plenty of liquid. This latter is to protect the esophagus.

Another possible consideration is tooth discoloration. I found quite a few of reports on adults getting the stained tooth complication. Surprisingly. You usually hear of it only with children and it's said to be related to tooth growth.

After using doxy and amitriptilin several times, I decided it was too complicated working out the timing. The possible esophageal damage or tooth staining was too much for me. I wish I'd known more when I started but isn't that always the way.

Birdie

Two considerations for taking tetracycline type antibiotics. First, they need to be taken away from calcium sources like milk. An hour away if I remember right. Second, you need to remain upright, not lie down, for some period of time. Plenty of liquid. This latter is to protect the esophagus.

Another possible consideration is tooth discoloration. I found quite a few of reports on adults getting the stained tooth complication. Surprisingly. You usually hear of it only with children and it's said to be related to tooth growth.

This kinda enforces the idea of using them only occasionally.

Amazoniac

- Exercise Increases Solid Meal Gastric Emptying Rates in Men
Adstract said:
Gastric emptying rates of radiolabeled beef stew meals were measured in 10 healthy, young (median age = 27 years) male subjects on each of three randomly chosen study days. The subjects either (1) stood at rest, (2) walked on an exercise treadmill at 3.2 km/hr, or (3) at 6.4 km/hr during the study while gastric emptying was being monitored by externally positioned gamma cameras.

upload_2020-4-2_20-10-15.png

- Effect of Body Posture on Radionuclide Measurements of Gastric Emptying
Adstract said:
Eight healthy male subjects were studied on four separate days. During each study subjects were fed a standardized meal of beef stew labeled with technetium-99m sulfur colloid, and orange juice. Measurements of solid-phase gastric emptying rates were obtained by a gamma camera. Subjects were studied in the lying, sitting, standing, or combined sitting-standing postures.

upload_2020-4-2_20-10-21.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals