Gut Bacteria May Cause ALL Autoimmune Conditions; Antibiotics Can Cure

Kefir would raise bacteria levels, like any "probiotic". Or am I missing something?

Raw carrot, if I am not mistaken, is supposed to adsorb endotoxin and remove it. But so far as I know it will not reduce bacteria levels any more than any other food. All food removes bacteria though. The weight of stool is 40-60% bacteria.

I was referring to keeping the gut bacteria under control in a positive manner. My understanding of the mainstream theory is that fermented foods such as kefir work to keep the gut bacteria balance in favour anti-inflammatory less pathogenic strands. In terms of reducing the bacteria count, I think Manuka Honey can be effective. I have used it with some success. I rock climb and I notice I climb anxiety-free when I frequently have a bit of manuka honey on toast. However, if I eat chocolate or other things that seem to "feed" or interact with gut bacteria, especially before climbing, I can feel very anxious on the wall.

managing

I was referring to keeping the gut bacteria under control in a positive manner. My understanding of the mainstream theory is that fermented foods such as kefir work to keep the gut bacteria balance in favour anti-inflammatory less pathogenic strands. In terms of reducing the bacteria count, I think Manuka Honey can be effective. I have used it with some success. I rock climb and I notice I climb anxiety-free when I frequently have a bit of manuka honey on toast. However, if I eat chocolate or other things that seem to "feed" or interact with gut bacteria, especially before climbing, I can feel very anxious on the wall.
I've always wondered what is it about Manuka honey that is special, compared to other honeys? I've never tried it.

Obi-wan

Edit - just saw the post above :)

Apparently it's a component of the honey called Methylglyoxal that is supposedly anti-bacterial. I think there are a lot of "fake" Manuka brands out there so it's worth doing research into the particular brand if you go for one. It's very acidic and perhaps this is what helps in terms of stomach and bacteria but there is definitely something to it, I have tested the climbing anxiety connection for over a year and a half now.

managing

Edit - just saw the post above :)

Apparently it's a component of the honey called Methylglyoxal that is supposedly anti-bacterial. I think there are a lot of "fake" Manuka brands out there so it's worth doing research into the particular brand if you go for one. It's very acidic and perhaps this is what helps in terms of stomach and bacteria but there is definitely something to it, I have tested the climbing anxiety connection for over a year and a half now.
Interesting and I will definitely do some research on it.

FWIW, I have trouble with anything that is meant to be "antimicrobial" in some way. FOS, diatomaceous earth, antifungals, etc. This includes foods that are supposed to be antimicrobial such as honey (of the non Manuka variety) and garlic. They all give me "die-off" symptoms and it doesn't seem possible to ease into them. Even bacteriophages, although to a lesser degree than anything else. Perhaps just because they are more selective.

In fact, the only thing that ever didn't was ampicillin. I was prescribed it for an infected salivary gland. I told the doctor (who is a friend of mine) that the first few days I experienced a mildly unpleasant intestinal disruption. But by the 4th day I felt better (intestinally) than I could remember. This lasted for several weeks. Maybe months (even though the ampicillin had been taken for 10days or so--whatever is standard). But eventually returned to normal.

I'm not advocating for antibiotics (or against Manuka). I understand how "resistant" strains are made. Hospitals are faster and riskier because of the magnitudes (time and subjects) involved. But it seems to me that if you took small doses of antibiotics over a long period you would absolutely be at risk for encouraging the resistant individuals to come into contact with each other.

Probably a multipronged strategy is needed. But I feel the consequences of a mistake are high, and our (certainly my) ignorance is high.

Obi-wan

Just eat USA meat and you will have small doses of antibiotics over a long period of time

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I agree with this. It seems completely unnatural to achieve a sterile gut. But I also agree that getting bacterial count down and keeping the gut barrier strong is a must for "autoimmune disease". I know from personal experience that all my thyroid issues are related to what I put into my gut and it's current status. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to keep the gut bacteria in check? Raw carrot, good kefir perhaps? Avoid wheat because of zonulin? Is there anything else that raises zonulin levels in the body?

Great topic, I find this all fascinating and the contributions are excellent!

I would be careful with probiotics. Not sure if people saw this post that I made literally 10min after the one on autoimmunity. The bacteria that caused this is commonly found in OTC probiotic supplements.
Pancreatic Cancer Driven By Bacteria/endotoxin; Antibiotics Can Prevent/treat

@managing

Owen B

I was going to buy a yogurt making machine to make it at home. I could add some condensed milk to the skim, add the starter and get a good concentrated form of protein. And avoid all the gums and pectins you get from off the shelf stuff.

But now I'm not so sure.

BTW, does Lapodin play and beneficial role here? It's anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.

Tarmander

I was thinking last night about antibiotics. I have not taken any in probably 2 or 3 years. I remember the last time I took them it was from being sick, and there were some interesting effects. I slept so well. I usually have some small degree of restless leg, especially if I eat rice or something. On antibiotics, I had none of that. I passed out and slept like I have not slept in...well forever. It was wonderful.

If I could catch that again, I would be unbelievably happy. I take charcoal, carrot, garlic, sometimes ginger, and MCT oil daily. Still, nothing compares to those antibiotics.

Antibiotics are so controversial though. Robert Morsend, a natural doctor that focuses on helping the Kidneys, eating fruits, and using herbs, talks a lot about cleaning out the lymph. He is a bit crazy, maybe a charlatan I don't know. Part of his tale is that the lymph system is your sewer system, where all the waste goes from your cells. There is bacteria in there that helps breaks the waste down, and taking antibiotics messes that up. Like pouring chlorine in a septic tank/compost toilet. You need those bacteria to compost.

I don't know if this is true. I could see how some pathogenic bacteria could get in there and instigate an immune response.

I just don't know. I have had great effects from antibiotics, but some of my lowest health times were also associated with them. I used to take them all the time in college to deal with all the sickness that was passed around...on the other hand, look at Danny Roddy's bag free eyes...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
BTW, does Lapodin play and beneficial role here? It's anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.

It should. This is one of the reasons Ray recommends it.

Obi-wan

Lapodin is my favorite supplement. I mix it in cottage cheese with some fruit

managing

if one were to try Manuka Honey, what "dose", how often, with meal or w/o?

Any cautions about Manuka?

if one were to try Manuka Honey, what "dose", how often, with meal or w/o?

Any cautions about Manuka?

The best response I've had with Manuka honey is to have it with a small bit of starch, good clean rye or wheat that is buttered and add a layer of Manuka on top. This allows it to pass through the system slowly. Teaspooning it doesn't have the same effect for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals