Gut Bacteria May Cause ALL Autoimmune Conditions; Antibiotics Can Cure

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Phew. Bless you Blossom.
I suppose you could say that is a big reason for why I am here. I've witnessed the horrors of the medical field first hand for over 20 years now and if I can make a small contribution that helps a few people avoid being harmed then at least I feel I've done something to help.
There are a lot of well meaning people who get into the medical field in various roles and give it their all each day and I respect the effort and good intentions but sadly the system is broken and has been for a long time. Honestly I'm not sure if it was ever good in the first place. That's not to say that there aren't situations where people are helped but I see far more harm and tragedy.
I'm not a scientist, doctor, health coach or genius by any stretch but if by contributing to this forum in my little way some people are able to figure out their own situation then that gives me a sense of fulfillment that I can't get from my career.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Wow thats crazy. What a messed up system we live in. I actually got denied an antibiotic once:
My C-reactive protein (which they determined from a blood sample) wasn't high enough for me to be given antibiotic treatment, even though I was visibly sick and in a lot of pain.
It was 40 or something, the doctor said it had to be at least 50 lol.
Luckily for me a friend of mine had a stash of antibiotics at home and gave me some;.
Turns out the doctor misdiagnosed me too, I actually had pneumonia (which is very serious and requires antibiotics ASAP) and he diagnosed me with asthma and just sent me home with an inhaler.
It baffles me that it's so hard to get prescribed antibiotics. That's why I keep a stash of Fish antibiotics at home now, in case I get an infection.
I'm real sorry you had to go through that Vinero. If you listen to a persons lungs carefully with a stethoscope you can usually hear pneumonia- not always but more often than not. Glad you were able to get the antibiotic you needed.

Tarmander

I suppose you could say that is a big reason for why I am here. I've witnessed the horrors of the medical field first hand for over 20 years now and if I can make a small contribution that helps a few people avoid being harmed then at least I feel I've done something to help.
There are a lot of well meaning people who get into the medical field in various roles and give it their all each day and I respect the effort and good intentions but sadly the system is broken and has been for a long time. Honestly I'm not sure if it was ever good in the first place. That's not to say that there aren't situations where people are helped but I see far more harm and tragedy.
I'm not a scientist, doctor, health coach or genius by any stretch but if by contributing to this forum in my little way some people are able to figure out their own situation then that gives me a sense of fulfillment that I can't get from my career.
I would be interested to hear more stories from your life working in a hospital...maybe a "Blossom's corner of horror" thread or something?

Lucenzo01

Something I don't understand about this:
"Candida overgrowth was caused by alcohol abuse itself, due to reduced bacterial count and reduced diversity of remaining bacteria in the gut of alcoholics."

This was written in this thread:

Candida Overgrowth Is A Major Factor In (alcoholic) Liver Damage / Cirrhosis

Antibiotics would be even worse because they are way stronger than alcohol.

That's the only point where I don't agree with Peat and his sterile gut idea. It's almost impossible to have a sterile gut. Not.only that but antibiotics would let more space for Candida to growth. If anyone has been in the curezone forum you should see how hard is to kill that ****er.

I agree than an overgrowth of bacteria is not good; but I think we need some good bacteria and that's why raw milk is full of probiotics and prebiotics.

Obi-wan

"Candida overgrowth was caused by alcohol abuse itself, due to reduced bacterial count and reduced diversity of remaining bacteria in the gut of alcoholics."

That's the only point where I don't agree with Peat and his sterile gut idea. It's almost impossible to have a sterile gut. Not.only that but antibiotics would let more space for Candida to growth. If anyone has been in the curezone forum you should see how hard is to kill that ****er.

I agree than an overgrowth of bacteria is not good; but I think we need some good bacteria and that's why raw milk is full of probiotics and prebiotics.

Agree

managing

I would be interested to hear more stories from your life working in a hospital...maybe a "Blossom's corner of horror" thread or something?
Or how something went miraculously right, despite the system being broken. I think there are things to be learned from both. Sooner or later all of us and/or our loved ones will be in a situation where life/death hangs on the function of this system. I have my own story of saving my mother's life while she was in the hospital. But I was guided by my close friend who is an assistant chief of thoracic medicine (but at a hospital 2,000 miles away from the one my mother was in). In order to not commit threadjack, I won't write it here.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I thought about writing a book one day when I'm completely out of the field. I think it would be therapeutic for me. Honestly it is sort of difficult to talk about at length. I'm certain I have a touch of PTSD along with active moral distress, compassion fatigue at times, alarm fatigue every time I work and plain old burn out! But thanks to Peat's work and this forum I'm holding my own and still going strong. It's quite alarming the number of my coworkers who have had strokes and major heart problems in the last year. I guess that part is more appropriate for the thread about people's jobs killing them!

Tarmander

Or how something went miraculously right, despite the system being broken. I think there are things to be learned from both. Sooner or later all of us and/or our loved ones will be in a situation where life/death hangs on the function of this system. I have my own story of saving my mother's life while she was in the hospital. But I was guided by my close friend who is an assistant chief of thoracic medicine (but at a hospital 2,000 miles away from the one my mother was in). In order to not commit threadjack, I won't write it here.
Yeah please share it. Learning how to survive in a hospital is really good information to have. I am sure Blossom has a lot of stories that woul dbe helpful to know

Blossom

Forum Supporter
We need to hear the good too.

Regina

Wow thats crazy. What a messed up system we live in. I actually got denied an antibiotic once:
My C-reactive protein (which they determined from a blood sample) wasn't high enough for me to be given antibiotic treatment, even though I was visibly sick and in a lot of pain.
It was 40 or something, the doctor said it had to be at least 50 lol.
Luckily for me a friend of mine had a stash of antibiotics at home and gave me some;.
Turns out the doctor misdiagnosed me too, I actually had pneumonia (which is very serious and requires antibiotics ASAP) and he diagnosed me with asthma and just sent me home with an inhaler.
It baffles me that it's so hard to get prescribed antibiotics. That's why I keep a stash of Fish antibiotics at home now, in case I get an infection.
Oh, you're the best. We love Blossom here.
My bright-eyed adorable niece-to-be (she's engaged to my nephew) is in nursing school now. I cringe silently. I don't want to be a debbie-downer. She's so excited to get started.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

That's a good point, so maybe this is why an antibiotics-only approach is not optimal. Many doctors give antifungals as well during/after antibiotics therapy in order to avoid this issue. So, maybe MB would be a good OTC to have with the antibiotics to help control fungal issues.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Before this thread devolves into a Lyme disease / coninfection cesspool, can we get @haidut back in here, or anything helpful from Ray.

I am here. No discussions on Lyme yet :):

Tarmander

Before this thread devolves into a Lyme disease / coninfection cesspool, can we get @haidut back in here, or anything helpful from Ray.
It is often best to talk about what you want to talk about then try and get others to talk about it, unless you have a specific question you want to field?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Oh, you're the best. We love Blossom here.
My bright-eyed adorable niece-to-be (she's engaged to my nephew) is in nursing school now. I cringe silently. I don't want to be a debbie-downer. She's so excited to get started.
Thanks @Regina. It's great having you here too. If you're niece-to-be is getting a BSN then she should at least be able to move around within the system easily if she becomes disillusioned in a particular area.

bluewren

Fabulous post, thanks @Blossom

I agree with this. It seems completely unnatural to achieve a sterile gut. But I also agree that getting bacterial count down and keeping the gut barrier strong is a must for "autoimmune disease". I know from personal experience that all my thyroid issues are related to what I put into my gut and it's current status. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to keep the gut bacteria in check? Raw carrot, good kefir perhaps? Avoid wheat because of zonulin? Is there anything else that raises zonulin levels in the body?

Great topic, I find this all fascinating and the contributions are excellent!

managing

I agree with this. It seems completely unnatural to achieve a sterile gut. But I also agree that getting bacterial count down and keeping the gut barrier strong is a must for "autoimmune disease". I know from personal experience that all my thyroid issues are related to what I put into my gut and it's current status. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to keep the gut bacteria in check? Raw carrot, good kefir perhaps? Avoid wheat because of zonulin? Is there anything else that raises zonulin levels in the body?

Great topic, I find this all fascinating and the contributions are excellent!
Kefir would raise bacteria levels, like any "probiotic". Or am I missing something?

Raw carrot, if I am not mistaken, is supposed to adsorb endotoxin and remove it. But so far as I know it will not reduce bacteria levels any more than any other food. All food removes bacteria though. The weight of stool is 40-60% bacteria.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals