Gut Bacteria Found To Be A Causal Factor In Obesity

narouz

tara said:
narouz said:
-Peat doesn't like the "starve 'em out" strategy with intestinal bacteria.
He says that is when they are more dangerous,
needing to find food by burrowing in (and even through) the stomach lining.
I think he has said this about yeasts/fungi, not bacteria. (Garlic is antifungal as well as antibacterial.) He does suggest reducing or eliminating starches when people have bad bacteria - this is about reducing food for them to diminish their numbers.

Pretty much agree with what you said above, tara.
In the two interviews on Endotoxin--
one on KMUD,
one on East/West,
it did seem to me that Peat was talking about endotoxin generally,
when he discussed the wrong-headedness of trying to starve bacteria (or maybe fungi),
thus making some more dangerous by forcing them to burrow into the stomach lining for food.

Take h.pylori bacteria for example.
I realized when I saw a photo on one
that it looks very much like the evil critters
attacking the good guys' "space-ship" (or whatever it was) in The Matrix.

Attachments

• 220px-Ulcer-causing_Bacterium_(H.Pylori)_Crossing_Mucus_Layer_of_Stomach.jpg
    220px-Ulcer-causing_Bacterium_(H.Pylori)_Crossing_Mucus_Layer_of_Stomach.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 866
  • H. pylori photo.jpg
    H. pylori photo.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 861

narouz

lindsay said:
I found this page pretty helpful in finding things that could be potentially beneficial for gut issues:

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/ul ... eanse.html

But I would want to do more research before utilizing any of the herbs. Still, the author mentions a few beneficial things that are already considered safe in this community - such as Coconut Oil.

I'm curious if anyone on here has any experience with using Olive Leaf for gut issues? In the past, I've found that eating olives and salads with lots of Olive oil had a very beneficial effect on the gut, but not sure why.....

Any thoughts much appreciated!

lindsay--
I believe Peat has said that all the saturated fats exert some degree of antibiotic effect,
thus the olive oil and salt in the carrot salad.
I think he said even the salt has some antibiotic properties...?

I have used Olive Leaf Oil and Oregano Oil, but not for stomach issues.
I was using them for an aching tooth.
They seemed to have worked to some degree,
but I was using both at the same time,
as is my typical, unscientific method... :oops:

lindsay

Narouz: thanks for your input. I might give Olive Leaf Oil a try first (or maybe the powder). I'm battling the slight onset of a UTI (meaning, if I stop taking those cranberry capsules, I could be in trouble) - also as a result of the antibiotics, so I'm looking at a bunch of natural things I can resort to in order to start fighting bacteria system wide.

On a side note, has anybody on here ever ordered an antibiotic from one of the Mexican drugstores? I noticed they carry quite a few and if I need to use one in the future for whatever reason, I don't want to go to a doctor - after getting the bill for my appendectomy, I'm inclined to never go to a doctor again..... yikes!

SQu

Garlic feedback - I did the raw garlic three times a day for four days, stopping when my kids begged me to. I found it ... soothing. That was a surprise.
It didn't do much though - perhaps the bacteria found it soothing too. The only time it disagreed with me was on an empty stomach, immediately fixed with a gelatin drink. It was like an antidote. Instantaneous relief.

EnoreeG

narouz said:
Couple of thoughts:

-Peat has said that not many kinds of bacteria will survive regular carrot salad attack.
But he did concede there are a few that can.

I'm looking into this now after a long time fighting GI difficulties with standard Peat methods.
Took an "Ova & Parasites" test and an "H. pylori" test.
We'll see...

Even if one does short-term dosing with the Peatian antibiotics,
that likely would not work with the likes of H. pylori or various parasites
(and my suspicion is it could allow proliferation of bad bacteria like pylori).
I don't know about garlic and other natural remedies.
Seems to me that if one has overgrowth of h. pylori or tests positive for parasites,
then longer course antibiotic treatment
(perhaps with multiple antibiotics and maybe not strictly "Peat approved" ones)
or anti-parasite meds should be considered....

narouz -- what were the results of the O & P and H. pylori tests? And with those results in mind, what were your next steps? And what are your current thoughts on starving bacteria, etc.?

Thanks.

narouz

EnoreeG said:
narouz said:
Couple of thoughts:

-Peat has said that not many kinds of bacteria will survive regular carrot salad attack.
But he did concede there are a few that can.

I'm looking into this now after a long time fighting GI difficulties with standard Peat methods.
Took an "Ova & Parasites" test and an "H. pylori" test.
We'll see...

Even if one does short-term dosing with the Peatian antibiotics,
that likely would not work with the likes of H. pylori or various parasites
(and my suspicion is it could allow proliferation of bad bacteria like pylori).
I don't know about garlic and other natural remedies.
Seems to me that if one has overgrowth of h. pylori or tests positive for parasites,
then longer course antibiotic treatment
(perhaps with multiple antibiotics and maybe not strictly "Peat approved" ones)
or anti-parasite meds should be considered....

narouz -- what were the results of the O & P and H. pylori tests? And with those results in mind, what were your next steps? And what are your current thoughts on starving bacteria, etc.?

Thanks.

EnoreeG--
Both of those tests came out negative; that was a while back...months.
My next steps...sheesh :lol: , long story.
I just posted kinduv a summary of some of that in the Methylene Blue thread:
http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5344&start=300#p80306

If you still have questions, EnoreeG, get back to me.
It's a long and winding tale... :D

gretchen

I've used a lot of garlic lately. Also, red light, which takes longer I've read to have an effect. Just read earlier that vinegar is good for gut damage, so planning to add that back to the carrot salad:
http://itsthewooo.blogspot.com/2015/03/ ... i.html?m=1

Really though I think EMFs might be a huge factor. So long as I regularly use/own a cell phone I don't expect to have perfect digestion. Unless I bring in some scalar type things.

Obesity= neuro endocrine dysfunction

Makrosky

gretchen said:
Really though I think EMFs might be a huge factor. So long as I regularly use/own a cell phone I don't expect to have perfect digestion. Unless I bring in some scalar type things.

Obesity= neuro endocrine dysfunction

Gretchen, it's strange that you mention that. I wouldn't mention this in this forum but since I read in another thread that you recommended a moldavite stone or something like that to someone, I want to add this :

I once used to have some "orgonites" (I'm sure you know them) and found my bowel movements were EXCELLENT. 1 bowel movement 30 minutes after every meal. I don't know if it was coincidence but I was very surprised. Maybe this corroborates your theories about EMF/Digestion, since orgonites supposedly supress EMF.

Do you see something worth of investigatin in here ?