Gut Bacteria Eat Colon Lining When Starved For Fiber

RealNeat

Low-Fiber Diet Study: Lack of Fiber can Lead to Colon Infection

Could it be because the mice were planted with bacteria found frequently in humans and deprived of their own diet?

"Fiber-free (FF) and Prebiotic (Pre) diets were sterilized by gamma irradiation and the Fiber-rich (FR) diet (LabDiet 5010; autoclavable rodent diet) was sterilized by autoclaving. The FF diet was manufactured by Teklad/Envigo (WI, USA) and, as previously described (TD.140343) (
Kamada et al., 2012), consisted of a modified version of Harlan TD.08810 in which starch and maldodextrin were replaced with glucose. The Pre diet was a new formulation based on the FF diet with 2.1% of a purified polysaccharide mixture (Table S1) added along with 10% cornstarch (each replacing an equivalent amount of glucose)."

Anders86

Wouldn`t a carrot be pure fiber in it`s weight? Eating a 100g carrot would be 100g fiber?
If so a Ray Peat diet would not be considered low fiber, as 38g are considered RDI.

Anders86

Look up nutrition facts, about 2,8g of fiber per 100g

Yeah I saw that. But sometimes it feel like the carrot leaves the same amount it came in. Maybe there are like 2.8g insoluble fiber resistant too cooking or something. Anyways I don`t know.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Yeah I'd love for Ray to do a podcast or article on just bacteria, in and out of the body. Sterility just doesn't seem likely.

Back
Top Bottom