Gut and skin

SamYo123

How can carnivors poop 2 or 3 times a week, and have no skin issues, but people who poo 2-3 times a day have skin issues? If the gut is main reason for skin problems then how does this work?

LadyRae

My view on this is that carnivores have cut out any sort of inflammatory food in their diet. If you're eating something that causes inflammation and inappropriate bacterial activity, endotoxin, then it's going to show up on your skin.

People that go the bathroom a lot could actually be more inflamed. They could be deficient in a lot of minerals and vitamins as well and may not be absorbing the food that they do eat. Malnutrition definitely shows up in the skin

orangebear

My skin was quite good on carnivore (mostly muscle meat, but different cuts) with pooping once a day. My skin got worse with Ray Peat style foods despite pooping twice a day. I’ve had a lot of liver pain at various points in my life so I tried a low vitamin A diet after learning that too much vitamin A can be toxic even at more reasonable intakes for hypothyroid people. I now eat something of a hybrid between a low VA diet and Ray Peat inspired foods and my skin is slowly improving despite pooping many times a day (I increased my fiber intake significantly with psyllium husk). I still feel it’s too early to make a positive claim about having figured it out for sure, but I suspect I’m on the right track with the changes I’ve made for my context. I think a lot of other people have expressed having skin issues with higher amounts of VA intake. Something to consider.

Yonebayashian

My view on this is that carnivores have cut out any sort of inflammatory food in their diet. If you're eating something that causes inflammation and inappropriate bacterial activity, endotoxin, then it's going to show up on your skin.

People that go the bathroom a lot could actually be more inflamed. They could be deficient in a lot of minerals and vitamins as well and may not be absorbing the food that they do eat. Malnutrition definitely shows up in the skin
Cells create waste which is toxic and inflammatory, no escape.

orangebear

I'm simply pointing out it's impossible to completely avoid inflamatants.
You're right. I'm just thinking further along the lines of: so if eating more is part of getting healthy (in certain contexts) and that comes with a potentially higher volume of inflammatory particles or waste products, how do we go about detoxing those things properly so that it doesn't mess up our skin? One wouldn't be wrong to presume that good health includes proper detox as well and therefore good skin. Maybe one can't achieve all of that at once, but how do we work towards achieving that?

OP
S

SamYo123

Very ****88 then if fructose and fats cause skin breakouts

LadyRae

Very ****88 then if fructose and fats cause skin breakouts
You can work on your liver health as well, that will improve your skin greatly.

I have heard Georgie and Ray talk about how saturated fats help digestion ...

Also proper thyroid function and adequate sleep- you've probably checked these boxes.

I cleared up my adult acne which was misdiagnosed, it's actually a form of rosacea, with a tretinoin topical cream and topical Ivermectin. Some acne and rosacea issues can be caused by the demodex mites. Even though we all have them, if they become rampant in our skin they can cause little papules that look like acne.

I stumbled upon this remedy accidentally when I took Ivermectin while taking care of my 14-year-old daughter who had covid about a month ago. I never got covid! And then I noticed that my skin was clearing up. Many rosacea suffers use a 1% Ivermectin cream called Soolantra, but it is prescription only and very expensive. The Ivermectin I'm using is just a 1.87% horse paste from a local farm supply store and it was only $5.99! I have been using it topically in the mornings for a few weeks now and my skin is so clear I am totally amazed. I've been dealing with these skin issues for over a year

OP
S

SamYo123

Also proper thyroid function and adequate sleep- you've probably checked these boxes.

I cleared up my adult acne which was misdiagnosed, it's actually a form of rosacea, with a tretinoin topical cream and topical Ivermectin. Some acne and rosacea issues can be caused by the demodex mites. Even though we all have them, if they become rampant in our skin they can cause little papules that look like acne.

I stumbled upon this remedy accidentally when I took Ivermectin while taking care of my 14-year-old daughter who had covid about a month ago. I never got covid! And then I noticed that my skin was clearing up. Many rosacea suffers use a 1% Ivermectin cream called Soolantra, but it is prescription only and very expensive. The Ivermectin I'm using is just a 1.87% horse paste from a local farm supply store and it was only $5.99! I have been using it topically in the mornings for a few weeks now and my skin is so clear I am totally amazed. I've been dealing with these skin issues for over a year
How do you work on ur liver health when the things that are suggested are things that make me break out such as fructose and saturated fats? along with caffiene/coffee

TheCalciumCad

How do you work on ur liver health when the things that are suggested are things that make me break out such as fructose and saturated fats? along with caffiene/coffee
My skin is the softest I can remember since I quit coffee and my under eyes are the brightest they have ever been since I started (wait for it) drinking WATER!!!! specifically lemon/lime water which flush the liver. Coffee overworks the liver, adrenals and keeps you chronically dehydrated it also causes bile dumps (so does lemon water) which is only good if you eat adequate fiber to absorb the bile. Skin is a reflection of liver health and gut is downstream of liver function. Carnivore diet is liver friendly assuming they don't eat high fatty meats, over supplement and drink coffee.

LadyRae

Well I'm not really sure what you mean. Lots of people eat and drink those things and have no skin issues at all. I guess that I would start really simple

OP
S

SamYo123

Well I'm not really sure what you mean. Lots of people eat and drink those things and have no skin issues at all. I guess that I would start really simple
I dont know how

whats left when fats/fructose/milk is removed while trying to maintain 3k calories?

I remove fats to remove skin redness in cheeks i get hungry so i eat more carbs then make the chin area more red

The skin is the largest lymphatic organ. It's mostly fat. The lymph is mostly fat. Skin breakouts are a result of acidic waste moving out of the skin faster than what the body has the stored fat capacity to deal with. This results in toxic plastics, metals, minerals to land on the skin on their way out because the fat isn't there to buffer them safely. The body then creates bacteria or fungus to deal with the toxic material left on top of the skin. Fructose either a) puts a burden on the liver as it then can't produce as much bile to bind the fat, b) increases the rate of productivity of the liver, or c) ferments with gut bacteria which then results in an alcohol byproduct which, in turn, cleanses the toxic fat of the body which is predominantly found in & will come out through the skin.

Uncooked fat restores the skin, uncooked cheese catches metals being put off by the stomach lining, and water or vegetable juice alkalize the blood to lower the level of acidic toxicity coming out of the skin.

orangebear

Not everything lots of people do will work for everyone in every context. Isn’t Ray’s whole thing about personal context over specific prescriptions for everyone? You might have a different context than lots of people and your context can change over time.

LadyRae

Not everything lots of people do will work for everyone in every context. Isn’t Ray’s whole thing about personal context over specific prescriptions for everyone? You might have a different context than lots of people and your context can change over time.
Absolutely. I gave my experience; interventions that have worked for me.... I don't think there's much I can say to help. People need to try different strategies.

I do believe that diet is the #1 issue

GTW

Interesting result. FWIW I understood that ivermectin is absorbed through the the skin and consequently has systemic effects. Used sq to de-worm dogs, it stings sometimes when injected. A vet said squirted it in the mouth.

LadyRae

Interesting result. FWIW I understood that ivermectin is absorbed through the the skin and consequently has systemic effects. Used sq to de-worm dogs, it stings sometimes when injected. A vet said squirted it in the mouth.
Yes, I am also part of a parasite cleanse Facebook group and several people on their commented that you will get systemic benefits from applying Ivermectin topically. I am just absolutely shocked at how great my skin is right now. It never stings but instead feels light and cooling when applied. I've noticed that I'm not as oily anymore, and in the morning I just rinse my face in warm water, reserving a cleanser for the before bed time only

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals