Gummy Bears - Why Do They Heat Me Up?

Steve

So I’ve been trying to eat close to Peat’s recommendations for a few months now, but it hasn’t really gotten my metabolism rolling yet.

The only time I’ve noticed an instant reaction where I heat up is from eating gummy bears (after a meal both times). In fact it instantly ups my temp to 98.9, and my face feels flush. What on earth is going on? The meal doesn’t do it. It’s the gummy bears that do it after the meal.

I have never had a temp above 98.6 (and even 98.6 is a very rare occurrence), but last time I ate gummy bears I went to 98.9, and just now the same thing happened. I ate about 12 of them real fast, & I could feel the affects, and sure enough I’m at 98.9 again.

Can anyone explain this (and whether it’s good or bad).

Ingredients: Tapioca Syrup, Cane Sugar, Gelatin, etc…

No other food has this affect on me, and definitely not such an immediate affect.

milk

I sometimes have gelatin with coffee after a steak, as Peat recommends. It raises my temperature, too. Quite perceptibly.

OP
S

Steve

I eat the Great Lakes gelatin (1 TBSP), but I don't feel anything.

OP
S

Steve

I tried the gummy bears again, and my temp instantly went to 98.9 again.
It must have something to do with sugar.
I was wondering if that is normal, or does it give me a clue to help me fix my metabolism.
I get no effect from thyroid pills, gelatin, fruit, caffeine........nothing!
Just gummy bears!
I'll try some sweettarts.....probably get the same affect.

TubZy

Maybe it's a combination of the sugar and gelatin at the same time that does it

OP
S

Steve

Did you ever figure out what was doing it?
Never figured it out.
It's most pronounced if I eat the gummy bears right after a big meal (usually Thai curry with rice).
So it has something to do with eating them after I'm already very full......overloading the liver with sugar maybe?

J

James IV

You sure it isn't just excess calories? I sweat like crazy after my huge daily meal.

JDD

I've noticed the same thing, I can feel my face warm up before I even finish swallowing them

OP
S

Steve

I've noticed the same thing, I can feel my face warm up before I even finish swallowing them
I'm pretty sure it's just the sugar, but I haven't experimented lately.
Tomorrow might be curry day, so maybe I'll try some other sugary candy after I eat.

OP
S

Steve

Do you purposively have a 'huge daily meal'?
No, I usually bring my lunch to work, but if I don't then I usually go out for Thai food.....which is almost always curry.
It's really filling, & must have a lot of calories, because I feel really full afterwards.
It works out though, because on those days my metabolism seems to kick it up a notch, and I'm so full I don't eat a 2nd lunch like I usually do.

PhilParma

Commercial gummy bears have trace amounts of bear placenta in them. That is likely what's warming you up.

Elephanto

I generally eat twice a day. So my meals are pretty significant.
I've had a very noticeable increase in Testosterone with Intermittent Fasting and started developing masculine features that I didn't have yet a few months before my 27th birthday. Nice to see an anectodal confirmation in our highest T member doing the same lol. I've been thinking that it makes a lot of sense evolutionary speaking, when a man would wake up without a food supply he was required to go hunting and having more Testosterone would have significantly helped him achieve this goal. The danger signal being removed with the meal, a Testosterone decrease is expected (and confirmed by studies), so the longer periods between meals allows for longer increased production of Testosterone and around a month of doing this seemed to have accumulated a surplus that resulted in physical changes. The Endotoxins reduction of IF probably played a role too. Such androgenic effect would probably also only appear when the health and mental state of the individual allows him to sustain these fasting periods without excessively triggering cortisol.

Hildy

So I’ve been trying to eat close to Peat’s recommendations for a few months now, but it hasn’t really gotten my metabolism rolling yet.

The only time I’ve noticed an instant reaction where I heat up is from eating gummy bears (after a meal both times). In fact it instantly ups my temp to 98.9, and my face feels flush. What on earth is going on? The meal doesn’t do it. It’s the gummy bears that do it after the meal.

I have never had a temp above 98.6 (and even 98.6 is a very rare occurrence), but last time I ate gummy bears I went to 98.9, and just now the same thing happened. I ate about 12 of them real fast, & I could feel the affects, and sure enough I’m at 98.9 again.

Can anyone explain this (and whether it’s good or bad).

Ingredients: Tapioca Syrup, Cane Sugar, Gelatin, etc…

No other food has this affect on me, and definitely not such an immediate affect.

Wow, this just happened to me today. Ate a bag and half of gummy bears and my temperature went up and I got really hot. What's in those little bears? :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals