Gummy bear recipe

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've read here on the forum that citric acid is one of the additives that Ray avoids. There are some gummy candy recipes posted here on the forum using gelatin, fruit juice and sugar. I'm sure the recipe you posted probably tastes wonderful though.

Amazoniac

Blossom said:
I've read here on the forum that citric acid is one of the additives that Ray avoids. There are some gummy candy recipes posted here on the forum using gelatin, fruit juice and sugar. I'm sure the recipe you posted probably tastes wonderful though.

I've never heard that before, not that he isn't against; I just don't understand why. Citric acid seems quite beneficial as far as I know..

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Amazoniac said:
post 101226
Blossom said:

I've never heard that before, not that he isn't against; I just don't understand why. Citric acid seems quite beneficial as far as I know..
I will try to find it. I think it is in the email depository.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

Amazoniac said:
post 101239
Blossom said:
post 101230 viewtopic.php?p=42603#p42603
Eta: Here is the citric acid quote I was thinking of Amazoniac.

Thank you!
If you or others have any idea why he said that, please let me know..

peatarian said:
post 5628 Because there is a quote from the new newsletter: "Excessive citric acid, for example, might activate dormant cancer cells (Harvard, et al., 2011) and has been associated with malignancy (Blüml, et al., 2011).

Amazoniac

tara said:
post 101914
Amazoniac said:
post 101239
Blossom said:
post 101230 https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/view ... 603#p42603
Eta: Here is the citric acid quote I was thinking of Amazoniac.

Thank you!
If you or others have any idea why he said that, please let me know..

peatarian said:
post 5628 Because there is a quote from the new newsletter: "Excessive citric acid, for example, might activate dormant cancer cells (Harvard, et al., 2011) and has been associated with malignancy (Blüml, et al., 2011).
That's interesting. Thanks, tara!