Gum Irritation

TubZy

Every time I up my dose of thyroid my gums get mildy swollen and irritated mainly. This is the same thing that happened when I was using higher doses of progesterone. It is so annoying, anyone know what is causing this? Is it a nutrient deficiency due to the higher increase in metabolism or from blood thinning?

x-ray peat

not sure about the reasons why it is happening but I have found that brushing with baking soda and salt (70/30) does wonders for strengthening gums. Gargling with a strong salt solution is also good.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

not sure about the reasons why it is happening but I have found that brushing with baking soda and salt (70/30) does wonders for strengthening gums. Gargling with a strong salt solution is also good.

It's odd though my teeth are in perfect health I don't have any dental issues, besides one of my gums in the back that is slightly recessed. You think it could he related to lack of collagen precursors like vitamin C, lysine, proline etc.? That is becoming deficient due to pressing my metabolism too hard or a K2 deficiency?

x-ray peat

It's odd though my teeth are in perfect health I don't have any dental issues, besides one of my gums in the back that is slightly recessed. You think it could he related to lack of collagen precursors like vitamin C, lysine, proline etc.? That is becoming deficient due to pressing my metabolism too hard or a K2 deficiency?
That could be. Maybe check on chronometer and make sure you have over 100% on all the precursors. If anything I would bet its your vitamin c levels as that is often the issue with sore gums.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

That could be. Maybe check on chronometer and make sure you have over 100% on all the precursors. If anything I would bet its your vitamin c levels as that is often the issue with sore gums.

Yeah, maybe I'll try adding vitamin C back in again...I hope that is it