Guidance On Grass Fed, Organic, Etc

CaliforniaKat

Hi everyone,

I'm reading voraciously about the guidelines for eating to lower PUFA and heal hypothyrpid and adrenal dysregulation

Someone please talk to me about meat and butter and dairy sources being grass fed, organic foods, free range eggs, etc. All of those things van get very expensive and I'm on a tight budget.

Please help. If I can't afford all, what the the priorities?
Thanks!

Lurker

Low pufa trumps all. Focus on avoiding the obvious sources vegetable oils (mayo, dressings, chips, deep fried everything). You could be lowering meat and focus on less expensive dairy and gelatin/off cuts from ruminants such as liver and oxtail. Grass fed burger, stew beef, short ribs isn’t too expensive either. Limit factory chicken and pork fats due to pufa content. An egg or two per day is enough. Find some good fruit and let it ripen or cook it. Look to buy direct at the farmers market or local sources may be less expensive.

DDK

I have tolerated the cheap generic supermarket milks for like $2 per gallon better than the organic, whole, non-homogenized grass fed milks for like $16 a gallon. Also, grass fed only matters if you are eating fatty cuts of meat or drinking whole milk, if you are eating lean beef or lean chicken breast and/or drinking skim milk it really doesn't matter if it's grass fed or not.

If you are on a tight budget stick to regular eggs, low fat supermarket milk, lean meats, potatoes, some fruit or vegetables, etc... should be pretty affordable. And like I said above, I was buying a grass fed milk for $16 per gallon and I didn't even tolerate it that well, I did much better with the generic supermarket skim milk for $2 per gallon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals