Guess the next RP Forum Member Name

XPlus

At the time when the interwebz started getting into every home, about some 15 years ago, people joining the social media had to struggle with creativity. Registering on a forum required picking a username and a password. Since most people would simply pick their kids birthdays or their grandmas's phone number as a password, coming up with a username was a whole different story. Dunkin Mahony from the Daily Email described it in one of his articles as "The creative journey to finding yourself in the infinite space of the internet".

The Cyber Chronicle reported in their first beta edition of 2000 that username decisions accounted for about 43.79% of the time spent by US households on the internet. To most people, their username was representative of their identity, the things they love.
Steve Jobs from the MakeYourDailyApple tells his side of the story with internet usernames "That was the state of affairs the last I recall in 2005 when I was in college and had to cut ties with most social networking. In 2007, I picked up a new release of one my favorite PlayStation game, and as part of the game play, I had to battle ghosts. Each ghost name and interestingly, those names sounded like something like you'd find on a hippie forum, only a little perverted. It was a cross of online usernames and game character names. That's when I realised the landscape of the internet is changing, and now it seems that people are not too hesitant in picking their usernames. They'll just quickly shove no more than three words inside a can and shake it."

In an interesting study of online trends, Krusty the Clown et al, suggest that now households spend no more than 3 seconds on average to choose social media usernames. The decline represents a tremendous shift in the username consumption habits of customers. US families are no longer concerned about the quality of their online usernames but rather look for something easy to remember and relevant to the nature of the website where they participate.

But that might not be the real reason why people aren't too concerned about their usernames anymore. Mark Zuckerburg explains "As with more people hopping online, there was a point in time when simple and creative usernames were all taken. So new people had to write whatever long names to that identify with the website where they participate". This is probably another reason why the shift was happening.

Dave Asprey, who have recently filed for bankruptcy as a result of his failed online health store business, has now started up an online company that sells add-ons to forums and other social media websites that allows their newly registered members to quickly flip through a list of computer-generated usernames that are derived from the website theme.

Enough of this.
sm52.gif

Let's start the game. If the next registered user picks your Ray Peat-themed name, you win a trip for two to Eyetaly, and you'd get 2 bags of cascara and a bag of weed at the airport, and then get sent the hell back home.
All is paid for by Such_Saturation.

The next name is:
Liver Lover

You mean Eataly? That place isn't too bad...

4peatssake

PeaterHeater :mrgreen:

tara

37degrees

OP
XPlus

XPlus

Haha..

Adrenalina

OP
XPlus

XPlus