Guava Paste

Max.

Anyone here eat guava paste?Eating too much is bad? i was eating something like 500g a day, and i dont know if it is good or bad...

Xisca

Well, I have been eating during 3 months from my guava tree...
I think it is ok, but ask your body!
It is rich in pectin and in fructose.
I find that cooked pectine is ok (I cook apples and pears for this reason).
For the quantity: never take more than what you body says, or you will get disgusted even by good food!
For a change, I also feel good with bananas, I considere them as a treasure on earth! Very digestable (and I am part of the ones who have to filter orange juice, and sensitive guts...).

Last edited:

Pointless

Guava is good but guava paste can have citric acid which is not good for you. It gives me diarrhea but it can also cause kidney stones and metabolic problems.

OP
Max.

Max.

Well, I have been eating during 3 months from my guava tree...
I think it is ok, but ask your body!
It is rich in pectin and in fructose.
I find that cooked pectine is ok (I cook apples and pears for this reason).
For the quantity: never take more than what you body says, or you will get disgusted even by good food!
For a change, I also feel good with bananas, I considere them as a treasure on earth! Very digestable (and I am part of the ones who have to filter orange juice, and sensitive guts...).

I feel good eating this amount, only bit worried now about pectine, i love bananas too, but i dont eat actually because i am bit confused if its good or not, , i have this problem too with oj juice i drink start having stomach problems..

Guava is good but guava paste can have citric acid which is not good for you. It gives me diarrhea but it can also cause kidney stones and metabolic problems.
I dont find too much about how bad is citric acid to kidney stones, can u explain more about this?
i feel very good eating this, but worried eating this for a while

@Topic

My problem is i am trying to lose weight, so i cut all starchs(potato,rice,etc) i dont feel good eating pure sugar, and honey from good quality its dificult to find, another options is dried fruits, its a bit expensive to me,normal fruits is in the same problem,so that is my actual situation..

Xisca

I really do not see any problem with bananas. I just think to take enough salt with it, or any fruit. Pectine is fine if cooked as in a paste. They can make a paste thanks to the pectine.

I cannot get orange, but I can have orange juice. I can get cooked orange, this is about pectine too! If acid is the problem, then just put some baking soda in it! It makes a nice feezy drink. Not too much! I also use magnesium carbonate in it, which would not be safe in any other food than acid (it would mess up with digestion).

Vary with bananas or other fruits, or else one day you may hate guava...
I would also take some safe starches sometimes, with enough veggies for fiber and not get a peak of insuline. For loosing weight yes I would use veggies, like soups with bone broth or gelatine. It is a cheap meal.

Pointless

I don't know where I read about citric acid and kidney stones, but it seems I was wrong about that. But Ray does say that industrially-produced citric acid (when it's an additive but not the natural citric acid in oranges) can be a serious allergen. Also, it can activate malignant cancer cells. Phosphate, activation, and aging.

OP
Max.

Max.

I really do not see any problem with bananas. I just think to take enough salt with it, or any fruit. Pectine is fine if cooked as in a paste. They can make a paste thanks to the pectine.

I cannot get orange, but I can have orange juice. I can get cooked orange, this is about pectine too! If acid is the problem, then just put some baking soda in it! It makes a nice feezy drink. Not too much! I also use magnesium carbonate in it, which would not be safe in any other food than acid (it would mess up with digestion).

Vary with bananas or other fruits, or else one day you may hate guava...
I would also take some safe starches sometimes, with enough veggies for fiber and not get a peak of insuline. For loosing weight yes I would use veggies, like soups with bone broth or gelatine. It is a cheap meal.
i will try add salt to bananas and see what happens

i cant use baking soda, i had problem with this i will try magnesuum carbonate.

thats cool, i will a add some veggies , i cant handle gelatin very well..

a lot of helpful infos ,thanks!

I don't know where I read about citric acid and kidney stones, but it seems I was wrong about that. But Ray does say that industrially-produced citric acid (when it's an additive but not the natural citric acid in oranges) can be a serious allergen. Also, it can activate malignant cancer cells. Phosphate, activation, and aging.

Interessting, but maybe the allergen and the activation of malignant cancer its not for everyone?

Stramonium

I love guava paste, guava paste + a slice of cheese is my go to snack. Haven't experience any allergic reaction to it.

Xisca

Max, you do not need to add salt to the banana, though I have done it, and it is even funny to put some salt into honey! you just need to not forget your salt intake when you eat sweet food. Follow your taste about how salty you want to eat, never force yourself or you will end with disgust one day.

Think that magnesium carbonate is quite alcaline, and on my box they write to take it after digestion, like nearly 2 hours after eating. So, you can make an exception for fruit juice, when they are too acid for you, but you have to figure out how to not suppress too much acid.

Also, take care that your problem with citric fruits can come from any mix with other food that your stomach does not like to digest together. Oranges are often advised to take without any other food.

If you do not handle gelatine well, try to put some bromelaine or papaine, or pineapple or papaya fruits with it! The digestive enzymes will help do the job... that is why my gelatine box says to not do any gelly with those 2 fruits nor kiwi! It just do not work because their enzyme digest the gelatine....

OP
Max.

Max.

I love guava paste, guava paste + a slice of cheese is my go to snack. Haven't experience any allergic reaction to it.

guava paste with cheese is awesome :woot:

Max, you do not need to add salt to the banana, though I have done it, and it is even funny to put some salt into honey! you just need to not forget your salt intake when you eat sweet food. Follow your taste about how salty you want to eat, never force yourself or you will end with disgust one day.

Think that magnesium carbonate is quite alcaline, and on my box they write to take it after digestion, like nearly 2 hours after eating. So, you can make an exception for fruit juice, when they are too acid for you, but you have to figure out how to not suppress too much acid.

Also, take care that your problem with citric fruits can come from any mix with other food that your stomach does not like to digest together. Oranges are often advised to take without any other food.

If you do not handle gelatine well, try to put some bromelaine or papaine, or pineapple or papaya fruits with it! The digestive enzymes will help do the job... that is why my gelatine box says to not do any gelly with those 2 fruits nor kiwi! It just do not work because their enzyme digest the gelatine....

great infos Xisca, sorry for the late replies, i cant access everyday the forum...

Fractality

I noticed that all guava juices are actually just some other juice used for the base plus guava puree...

I've noticed that too. I always see pear juice with guava puree, or passionfruit puree, etc. I've never seen 100% guava juice.

grenade

Guava paste is amazing.

I literally just had (as in, 10 minutes ago ...) 6 ounces. It was good quality stuff too, made of just guava, sugar, and citric acid. I’m not too concerned by the citric acid because it seems like it has minute amounts - it never tastes the slightest bit sour and has never given me divestive upset or diarrhea, whereas organic commercial oj had.