Guar Gum Free Coconut Milk

One of the only brands I've found without gums or other additives. I use it to make coconut sorbet.

cm.jpg

Brian

Good find. Another option is to use melted coconut oil and combine with an egg yolk and water in a blender. It emulsifies instantly. You don't need much yolk at all. You could probably emulsify 8 tablespoons of oil with 1/4 yolk if you wanted to limit the amount for some reason. You can make a cream or butter like consistency depending on what you want to use it for in recipes, smoothies, or whatever.

OP
Westside PUFAs
Good find. Another option is to use melted coconut oil and combine with an egg yolk and water in a blender. It emulsifies instantly. You don't need much yolk at all. You could probably emulsify 8 tablespoons of oil with 1/4 yolk if you wanted to limit the amount for some reason. You can make a cream or butter like consistency depending on what you want to use it for in recipes, smoothies, or whatever.

Yea. I personally like to keep it simple and just use the coconut milk, coconut flakes, and a sweetener like cane sugar or maple syrup as the only ingriedents. I also sometimes add some blackstrap molasses for a mineral boost. You can also make it fruit flavored as well.

tara

I've been getting coconut butter. It's like the coconut milk but with the water removed. Glass jar keeps for ages in the fridge, no additives. Can be added to whatever for flavour or mixed with however much water to get the consistency you want (warm water and a bit of stirring/breaking it up).
I use it occasionally when I'm cooking fish, or just for a small snack, or as a spread.

Jennifer

There's also Aroy-D. Many Asian stores sell it and for much less than what Amazon charges. I get it for $3.75 a carton:

Aroy-D Pure Coconut Cream, 33.8 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 3): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Aroy-d Coconut Milk 100% Original

The Chaokoh brand in the carton:

All Natural Coconut Milk from Thailand, Aroy-D / Chaokoh, Available Online at ImportFood.com

The Native Forest's brand organic "Simple" coconut milk and the can is BPA-free, if I remember correctly:

Native Forest Simple Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk, 13.5 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 12): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

I just recently found this Thai Taste brand at Whole Foods here in New Hampshire:

Thai Taste — Cooking Aids

For those in the UK, there's the Biona brand:

Biona - Coconut Milk

The Trader Joe's light coconut milk is just coconut and water and the can is BPA-free. However, I contacted customer service 6 or 7 years ago and was told that the water used is municipal.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals