Growth Hormone (GH) Accelerates Aging

DaveFoster

That surprises me. Do you have citations? My own personal experience says otherwise.
Actually, I'm wrong about serotonin increasing REM sleep. I extrapolated that drugs with serotonergic effects in the brain tend to promote REM sleep as with Remeron (aka mirtazapine), but maybe there's some confounding factors concerning their mechanism of action (probably not involving serotonin, and that's reassuring).

Serotonin and REM sleep: Serotonin and the sleep/wake cycle: special emphasis on microdialysis studies. - PubMed - NCBI

Cortisol and appetite: Appetite-regulating hormones cortisol and peptide YY are associated with disordered eating psychopathology, independent of body mass index

Ulysses

I'm a bit confused. So the cortisol rise that comes from eating an unbalanced serving of protein (by mechanism of: insulin secretion to "dispose" of the digested amino acids as Ray has said, insulin lowers circulating glucose, reduction of glucose drives up cortisol) would suggest insulin raises cortisol, but high cortisol is associated with high growth hormone?

Is it kind of like: insulin removes glucose from blood - if no sugar consumed during any sort of consumption that stimulates insulin, blood gets "emptied" of glucose by insulin - "emptied" blood triggers cortisol production?

So 'not triggering' cortisol production would in turn keep GH low, but how does insulin lower GH?
Yes, in the scenario you described, eating protein without adequate sugar, cortisol rises not because of high insulin, but rather, low glucose. Eating sugar with protein keeps glucose from falling, so cortisol stays low even though insulin rises.

GorillaHead

CastorTroy

If GH chronically elevates cortisol. Why is it children who have an abundance dont experience this cortisol. In fact as you get older cortisol increases and hgh decreases
It's rather that GH is released when a stressor lowers blood sugar, when we are young up to our late 20s. The cortisol high is just correlative to the low blood sugar. You don't release GH by injecting cortisol, nor release cortisol by injecting GH.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals