Grounding Causes Reduced Breathing And Negative Charge

tankasnowgod

I came across this on the various opinions on grounding.

https://www.foodsmatter.com/es/management_treatment/articles/grounding-andre-fauteux-01-17.html

Seems to support what x-ray peat suggests, that grounding is great in clean environments, but harmful in many others. Basically, any dense urban environment will make those grounding mats and sheets and such potentially harmful.

I had been experimenting with the grounding pillowcase, and ditched it after reading this. Guess I need to just walk on the beach a little bit more.

OP
N

NickC

I came across this on the various opinions on grounding.

https://www.foodsmatter.com/es/management_treatment/articles/grounding-andre-fauteux-01-17.html

Seems to support what x-ray peat suggests, that grounding is great in clean environments, but harmful in many others. Basically, any dense urban environment will make those grounding mats and sheets and such potentially harmful.

I had been experimenting with the grounding pillowcase, and ditched it after reading this. Guess I need to just walk on the beach a little bit more.

Interesting, seems to support my findings. I appear to be making better progress when connected to my dedicated earth wire (which goes to the Gas pipe just before it enters the ground) than when I connect through the Radiator.

x-ray peat

Thanks for the alternative viewpoint. Obviously this is a very contentious field but what bothers me is that this promoter for earthing is a bit too dismissive of any potential danger. It seem to be missing some balance especially given the large number of testimonials online of people having very bad reactions to earthing, including the OP.

After reading through his paper I noticed a number of issues that raised some questions. One was his discounting of the potential for turning your body into an antenna. He says this would be impossible because a grounded antenna doesn’t work. But from what Ive read online that isn’t true. It’s actually recommended to ground your TV antennae before coming into the house for safety reasons.

He also says that when you are grounded you are turned into a Faraday cage so EMFs would just bounce of you. I also don’t think this is true. If it were then you wouldn’t need to have Faraday cages at all. Just ground everything.

One potential issue people have reported is that if the grounding wire is very long, it also could turn into an antennae, transmiting harmful electrical currents to your body. He dismisses one writer’s caution of this by strawmaning that persons incorrect write-up of negative charged particles in the air, but that isn’t how an antenna typically works. An antenna converts electromagnetic waves (i.e. the field) through induction into an electric current. This is what would then be passed along to your body. No need for free floating electrons in the air.

He also dismisses the problem with stray electric current in the ground from the electrical system. This is not a trivial problem and is well known to cause health effects in neighborhoods that have this issue. Just ask the dairy industry. Grounding yourself in this environment could cause some serious problems.

So I don’t really know what to make of it. Yes lots of people report great results but quite a few are reporting horrible results. The question is how can you figure out which one you’ll be before running the experiment

Dave Clark

Thanks for the alternative viewpoint. Obviously this is a very contentious field but what bothers me is that this promoter for earthing is a bit too dismissive of any potential danger. It seem to be missing some balance especially given the large number of testimonials online of people having very bad reactions to earthing, including the OP.

After reading through his paper I noticed a number of issues that raised some questions. One was his discounting of the potential for turning your body into an antenna. He says this would be impossible because a grounded antenna doesn’t work. But from what Ive read online that isn’t true. It’s actually recommended to ground your TV antennae before coming into the house for safety reasons.

He also says that when you are grounded you are turned into a Faraday cage so EMFs would just bounce of you. I also don’t think this is true. If it were then you wouldn’t need to have Faraday cages at all. Just ground everything.

One potential issue people have reported is that if the grounding wire is very long, it also could turn into an antennae, transmiting harmful electrical currents to your body. He dismisses one writer’s caution of this by strawmaning that persons incorrect write-up of negative charged particles in the air, but that isn’t how an antenna typically works. An antenna converts electromagnetic waves (i.e. the field) through induction into an electric current. This is what would then be passed along to your body. No need for free floating electrons in the air.

He also dismisses the problem with stray electric current in the ground from the electrical system. This is not a trivial problem and is well known to cause health effects in neighborhoods that have this issue. Just ask the dairy industry. Grounding yourself in this environment could cause some serious problems.

So I don’t really know what to make of it. Yes lots of people report great results but quite a few are reporting horrible results. The question is how can you figure out which one you’ll be before running the experiment
I totally agree with your concern. In fact, since electrical engineering is confusing to me, I posted this on purpose hoping to see some posts that can educate me more on this issue. I know that barefoot grounding works, my wife has menieres syndrome and when she feels bad she goes outside barefoot, and in ten minutes she feels completely better. As far as grounding sheets, etc. through dedicated grounding rods or grounded outlets, I am on the fence as whether to be concerned. I am just going to continue to keep learning before I decide. Right now I think they can both be right, but just like the Peat stuff, I think context and situational components determine what is safe or what is dangerous.

zewe

As in eating, stick to what's natural....go barefoot. Thanks to weather changes, you can do this into colder months.

Do any of you guys sleep outside? Weather permitting, I do.....or I sleep on my porch if raining....can't stand sleeping on the bed anymore. Love to be lulled to sleep by chirpping crickets and watching lighting bugs with the wonder of childhood.

Thanks for this interesting post.

magnesiumania

Grounding inside is a horrible idea ALWAYS. Because its an AC current while the earth is DC. In fact i initiated temporary schizophrenia or something along those lines by doing this. A serious neuropsyciatric condition that has lasting impront to thus day, over a year after. You become an antenae for «dirty electricity». However i groubd myself regularly in natural environments.

Mauritio

This study shows grounding decreases T3 and increases T4 and TSH.

"K. Sokal and P. Sokal drew blood samples from 6 male and 6 female adults with no history of thyroid disease. A single night of grounding produced a significant decrease of free tri-iodothyronine and an increase of free thyroxin and thyroid-stimulating hormone."

But it also says that people on thyroid medication had to adjust their medication downwards, which would not happen if their metabolism really slowed down .

"Ober et al. [12] have observed that many individuals on thyroid medication reported symptoms of hyperthyroid, such as heart palpitations, after starting grounding. Such symptoms typically vanish after medication is adjusted downward under medical supervision."

This study shows that respiration increased after grounding :

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Interested to hear if any members are grounding and their experiences. I sleep on a grounding sheet that is grounded to an outside grounding rod, and I sleep under a silver canopy called a Dream canopy (which is grounded also). I know my temps have improved, and my TSH is around one. Much of that may be all the other Peat things that I do, but apparently the grounding isn't having a negative effect that I can detect.
As an after thought, for those that are concerned with dirty electricity, the Power Perfect Box, that I installed, has taken my dirty electricity reading s from 500 to 700 at different areas, to 100 to 50 in various areas. Also, something I did not expect, although they talk about it, is the reduction in electricity bills. Since I installed it, my bills are about $30 less/month. Smart Meter Education Network - Dirty Electricity
I got my PPB from Linda, she can give you the best price, and her site has good info as well.

Last edited:

Ben.

Wow these suggestions are scary. I personally bought 2 mats for my computer at home and work and one sheet for the bed.

The mats at the computer didn't make me feel any different. The bed sheet however induced like the best 2 or 3 nights of sleep i had in a long long time. The effect of sleeping better went away realy quickly tho. I live in a city and the entire house and all the neigbours ... lets just say i live in a EMF full enviroment everyday for most of the hours of my life.

If grounding in thoose enviroments is bad then i should replace the mats at my computer asap ... My health issues arrised, stayed and fluctuate all the time, with or without them. Can't realy say that the grounding is doing something bad/harmful. Doesn't feel like it but i try to make myself more conscious to it.

Mauritio

Why would grounding only work a short time ? I've heard this a few times already ...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals