Grounding Aka Earthing

Ray-Z

Rachel said:
I've been using the mat on my chair during the day and I move it to the bed at night.
And let me tell you...
the first time I laid down on it to go to sleep...
the heavens opened up...
and an angel came down...
and...
Oh, wait. That didn't happen.
Seriously, though, I HAVE noticed that I fall asleep much easier. So, :dance

Removing that excess electrical charge from my body = good.

p.s. I think I've exceeded the RDA for ellipses...

Thanks for the update, Rachel. (And sorry for my delayed response.) I'm getting the mat with the angels. :D

Everyone says that ellipses will make me fat and raise my cholesterol, but in reality, ellipses sharply lower stress and promote oxidative metabolism, creativity, and...

jyb

Any feedback on this? Are you confident that it's not placebo? If it works for you, do you use it for an hour before bed, all day long, all night long...?

Lofihi

Theres a thing on the market for this named Light Rhythms Concerto I dont know if is legit but was reccommended to me by a legit researcher. I use simple home made orgone cones and an emf meter to verify the change.I keep it to myself for the most part :)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Holy cow that things expensive!

Rachel

Lofihi said:
Theres a thing on the market for this named Light Rhythms Concerto I dont know if is legit but was reccommended to me by a legit researcher. I use simple home made orgone cones and an emf meter to verify the change.I keep it to myself for the most part :)
Tell us about your orgone cones, Lofihi! How do you make them?
What amount of change did you notice?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rachel said:
Lofihi said:
Tell us about your orgone cones, Lofihi! How do you make them?
What amount of change did you notice?

Yes, do tell. I googled them and they are pretty cool looking. :mrgreen:

Lofihi

less sensitivity to positive ion or emf sources . all the core is, non oily metal shavings from a machine shop and high grade catalysed boat resin,a pinch of iron oxide,and a crystal . Other things people add but thats the foundation doing all the energetic repair. Im new to it . A guy out of state makes artsy versions for me . it stopped my nightmares. And I dont getthe fatigue from cell,wifi,and computer use. there are a lot of vendors to stay away from I was told mark hooten there are others. I got interested in this because of kurt cobain's mentioning it in his lyrics and journal,his claim that the energies helped his emotional trauma and drug addiction.. he wrote a song called orgone box . ive never used one theyre expensive unless one can be.made...the crystal wasnt part of reich's original recipee but added 70 years later to correct the potential of accumulating.negative energy.

Lofihi

They look good in a garden . the hippy festivals and native american events have them sometimes. The pictures are bad

Attachments

• IMG350.jpg
    IMG350.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 522
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat basically said these type of crytals, or the orcones(he didn't use this word specifically), will not work for EMF type stuff.

He says it needs to be a complete barrier between you and the EMF.

Lofihi

chi ... orgone is just the western name ... v'riL in german , etc.

What is a good cheaper thing to counter emf if this isnt so good.?

gretchen

I tried this last night while on my walk. I slept really well last night without dreams and woke up early around 6 on 7-8 hours of sleep. I think I will probably buy an Earthing mat or band.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
gretchen, did you walk barefoot?

Dan W

It intrigues me that Earthing experiments have some results that might seem negative to the experimenters (increased heart rate, lowered serotonin) but would be considered positive to us. That gives a little more credibility to some of the unusual sources.

montmorency

I'm glad to find a discussion about this topic. I discovered grounding / earthing a few months ago, probably originally from Dr Mercola's site. He was interviewing Clint Ober.

I then found a copy of his book online, and looked at all the grounding videos I could find.

I bought a couple of grounding mats, one for me, one for my wife. We tried them faithfully for a good while, but I can't say we found any remarkable effects from them.

I should say that at the time, I had a skin complaint with some of my fingers that had hung around since about the beginning of January. Nothing much seemed to work. I had high hopes of the grounding mat, but that didn't help either. The main thing that did help I think was the sun, when we finally got some decent weather (England, UK). Also perhaps, Neem cream (also has coconut oil). Disappointingly, coconut oil on its own hadn't helped (I'd had high hopes of that, as well).

Fingers still aren't perfect, but they are a lot better. They were driving me crazy. Always had a tendency to eczema. It just seems to need something to spark it off. But then I go long periods without any.

The relevance perhaps to EMF etc is that around the same time as my skin issue started, we'd got WiFi installed in the house, and the transmitter is particularly powerful (so BT claim proudly). Before that we were "wired" (actually using a "Homeplug" system ... using the mains wiring). I've considered going back to wired, but inertia has stopped me so far, and the WiFi is quite handy, I must admit. And probably the "Homeplug" system was emitting radiation in any case, though perhaps not to the same extent.

I think Clint Ober seems an honest enough guy, and if he says it worked for him, then it probably did.

I'm not sure about some others who have jumped on the band wagon though.

Has anyone actually asked Ray specifically what he thinks of grounding?

From a theoretical view, I thought there could actually be something to it, but Ray would obviously know better.

I still go barefoot when possible, in the right circumstances. We don't live near the sea, but we did manage to get to the coast at the weekend and I spent as much time paddling in the water as possible. Didn't feel like swimming.

montmorency

Rachel said:
For those that are curious about orgone...

Orgone energy is a theoretical universal life force that was originally proposed by Wilhelm Reich back in the 1930s.
Here's your handy dandy wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgone

Interesting ... I discovered Reich earlier this year, thanks to video lectures and articles by Bernd Senf, who is an economics professor in Berlin. Senf is a sort of Ray Peat of the economics world....very non-mainstream, independent thinker, anti-authoritarian, probably regarded as eccentric or worse by the establishment.

Mauritio

Great review .
"Many patients I have treated for gluten intolerance and irritable bowel symptoms have significantly improved when they regularly use Earthing. While they may not be completely cured, their GI and stomach issues are better; pain and anxiety are both diminished."

"I have also recommend Earthing to patients with auto-immune conditions. Earthing can be very beneficial as it lowers the stress response which is well-documented to create or worsen auto-immune disease flare-ups."

1608476721457.png