Ground Beef For Gelatin/collagen

RayPeatFan777

I can get ground beef with a 25% collagen to meat ratio.

So 200g beef = 50g collagen = 50g gelatin = 17.5 grams of glycine & 10.5 grams of proline?

that would make ground beef a pretty good choice right?

biffbelvin

100 grams of ground beef generally has 20grams of protein, not 100grams. So you'd be looking at 10grams of collagen in 200grams of beef.

It's a good meat to use though, very versatile and easy to eat.

OP
RayPeatFan777

RayPeatFan777

100 grams of ground beef generally has 20grams of protein, not 100grams. So you'd be looking at 10grams of collagen in 200grams of beef.

It's a good meat to use though, very versatile and easy to eat.
Ah ofcourse :) knew i slipped up somewhere on that math

The one im looking at has 16 grams of protein, so 200g of beef would give 2.8 grams of glycine.

Last edited:

benaoao

Try to get a leaner ground beef option, so more proteins less fat (and more collagen)

Where do you get that? Is it custom made? I’d absolutely love cutting some kitchen space and drop the collagen supplement.

OP
RayPeatFan777

RayPeatFan777

Try to get a leaner ground beef option, so more proteins less fat (and more collagen)

Where do you get that? Is it custom made? I’d absolutely love cutting some kitchen space and drop the collagen supplement.

In europe the stores legally have to announce the ratios of collagen to meat. Its just from a popular food store. The Leaner options tend to have less collagen.

Im not sure if its a good enough ratio though to counter tryptophan? i really dont like gelatin broth so i hope so.

aquaman

Try meat stews made from beef shin.. very high in collagen. It will set like jelly in the fridge after cooking on low heat for 2-3 hours

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals