Greg Brookes Kettlebell Workouts

bogbody

I have been enjoying Greg Brookes workouts over at Kettlebell Workouts by Greg Brookes - Personal Kettlebell Trainer
He has some paid programs but he also has a free workout generator on his site that's also an app. He appealed to me because his philosophy feels very "Peaty"
Here was a quote from his recent newsletter:
I'm sure you have noticed something different about my workouts.
They are all short. In fact, most of my workouts are only 4 minutes..
There is a very good reason why I keep my workouts short.
I want you to finish them. I want you to build workout habits.
Shorter workouts over a long period of time are far more effective and kinder on the body than longer, more insane workouts.
If you have a busy and stressful life then the worst thing you can do is add a long workout to your day.
Why?
Because long workouts are very stressful, they trigger large amounts of the stress hormones Adrenaline and Cortisol.
These hormones create huge amounts of focus and are useful for dealing with life-threatening emergencies but are very demanding on the body's resources.
In a world where most people are already stressed out adding additional stress to the body is a recipe for disaster.
Anyway just passing along because I'm enjoying it in case someone is looking for some basic free kettlebell workouts

Kimmy

Thanks for sharing! I was thinking about starting kettlebell workouts, so your post is spot on!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals