Greetings Everyone

norxgirl

Cathi and AnnB, thanks for leading the way in this Meet and Greet. I tried to sneak in, being the very cautious introvert that I am.

I am 56-years-old as of last month.

How did I find the forum/Ray Peat's work? Net search....probably after reading something on one of the Paleo sites about Ray Peat....piqued my curiosity....again.

How long Peating? Just a few weeks maybe, this go round (don't keep track of time very well). I took Progest-E many years ago at the recommendation of some people with whom I worshipped (a Messianic group that believed in biiig families/fertility), but did not really get deep into it, and stopped taking it for several years, which I now regret. I also spent time on LongNaturalHealth website. I did try the thyroid at the time, but could not seem to get the hang of it. This was long before I ever came across Broda Barnes, MD, Ph.D, Mark Starr, MD, David Brownstein, MD, etc. and the talk about thyroid/iodine, etc.

My favorite part about Peating....is probably drinking OJ again and eating sugar, things that I grew up with and are second nature to me. And probably that he is not a big fan of lots of iodine. I just never could get the hang of that either.

Not sure about the worst part.

I have been taking NDT now since end of May, as prescribed by a practitioner for a TSH of 5.5 and many, many other lifelong hypo symptoms. So I am starting to understand and get a handle better on thyroid/hormonal issues. Fired last MD. Am a member of several STTM facebook pages and learning a lot there, but not much mention of Ray Peat on those pages. Symptoms improving, but long way to go.

Ray Peat is really the first person I have ever come across to address the long term extent/harm of DES in such detail, which was given to my mother with her first pregnancy in 1950. And which I now believe to have affected her subsequent pregnancies/her health/family life and all the social issues that go along with that, myself included. If I could have gotten my hands on the MD who gave that to my mother, and the Big Pharma that made it....boy howdie....Sure glad I have learned to be more forgiving.

Just finished reading his _From PMS to Menopause: Female Hormones in Context_ from Interlibrary Loan, and will probably re-read before letting it go back. Some of his books are not available through ILL, and funds very limited, as I have not worked in a while - due to health issues.

I look forward to getting more understanding of Ray Peat's work and how to apply it. Thank you.

Beverly

AnnB

Hi Beverly,
Welcome to you. I understand the introvert....I think it tends to be a symptom of low metabolism people. Perhaps self preservation from normal/excessive human stimulus that 'we' cannot handle. I learned a few years ago that confronting (negative) people always requires additional magnesium and B-Complex.

I have a seasonal job that is one person at a time, in a small office that I can close the door and not see or been seen by people for 50 minutes of each hour. Then a mandatory 10 minute break each hour. No one forces me to leave the room, but the computer is programmed for that break. I don't have the normal 1/2 hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks. If the room had it's own restroom....I probably wouldn't leave at all. Ha!

Next year I'll make sure to go outside each break and stand in the sun for 5 minutes. The room has sun, but it's filtered through water. I won't make you guess, I count adult fish as they travel upstream at our local dam.

I look forward to getting to know you and everyone else.

Ann

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
AnnB said:
Hi Beverly,
Welcome to you. I understand the introvert....I think it tends to be a symptom of low metabolism people. Perhaps self preservation from normal/excessive human stimulus that 'we' cannot handle. I learned a few years ago that confronting (negative) people always requires additional magnesium and B-Complex.

Wow! This explains a lot! Thank you.

Ray-Z

Beverly: Your Peat Forum name (norxgirl) is clever and very Peaty. Well done.

OP
N

norxgirl

ltu01001 said:
Ray-Z said:
Beverly: Your Peat Forum name (norxgirl) is clever and very Peaty. Well done.
What does it mean (no rx)? No pills/medications?

Hi Itu01001,

Yes. I thought it up for another board several years ago. It was really during one of my more idealistic periods. I have spent the last 20 + years working in the "healthcare" field in one capacity or another. Not working outside the home at this time, and really do not want to go back. I figured some of my health issues just might be from getting caught up in the morphic fields of for profit "healthcare."

Cathi and AnnB, thanks for leading the way in this Meet and Greet. I tried to sneak in, being the very cautious introvert that I am.

I am 56-years-old as of last month.

How did I find the forum/Ray Peat's work? Net search....probably after reading something on one of the Paleo sites about Ray Peat....piqued my curiosity....again.

How long Peating? Just a few weeks maybe, this go round (don't keep track of time very well). I took Progest-E many years ago at the recommendation of some people with whom I worshipped (a Messianic group that believed in biiig families/fertility), but did not really get deep into it, and stopped taking it for several years, which I now regret. I also spent time on LongNaturalHealth website. I did try the thyroid at the time, but could not seem to get the hang of it. This was long before I ever came across Broda Barnes, MD, Ph.D, Mark Starr, MD, David Brownstein, MD, etc. and the talk about thyroid/iodine, etc.

My favorite part about Peating....is probably drinking OJ again and eating sugar, things that I grew up with and are second nature to me. And probably that he is not a big fan of lots of iodine. I just never could get the hang of that either.

Not sure about the worst part.

I have been taking NDT now since end of May, as prescribed by a practitioner for a TSH of 5.5 and many, many other lifelong hypo symptoms. So I am starting to understand and get a handle better on thyroid/hormonal issues. Fired last MD. Am a member of several STTM facebook pages and learning a lot there, but not much mention of Ray Peat on those pages. Symptoms improving, but long way to go.

Ray Peat is really the first person I have ever come across to address the long term extent/harm of DES in such detail, which was given to my mother with her first pregnancy in 1950. And which I now believe to have affected her subsequent pregnancies/her health/family life and all the social issues that go along with that, myself included. If I could have gotten my hands on the MD who gave that to my mother, and the Big Pharma that made it....boy howdie....Sure glad I have learned to be more forgiving.

Just finished reading his _From PMS to Menopause: Female Hormones in Context_ from Interlibrary Loan, and will probably re-read before letting it go back. Some of his books are not available through ILL, and funds very limited, as I have not worked in a while - due to health issues.

I look forward to getting more understanding of Ray Peat's work and how to apply it. Thank you.

Beverly

Hi Beverly, I'm pretty new at this, too.

I'm going to fasten on DES. Yep, my mom took that stuff, so I'm what's called a DES daughter. What results have you seen from that in your health? Personally, I had PCOS, a hard time keeping my pregnancies, thyroid problems and more recently adrenal and now I have multifocal motor neuropathy. They don't know what causes it, but it is autoimmune. From reading on this forum, I'm guessing one of my main problems is estrogen dominance, which I have felt for a long time has been an issue.

Last edited by a moderator: