Green Tea And Dht

Wagner83

So it's been said for a while now that green tea is anti dht, some constituents effectively inhibit aromatase, however I came across this information :

"On the other hand, green tea did not reduce the serum level of DHT, but instead tended to increase it (P = 0.076) (Fig. 2D), and we found that green tea treatment did not inhibit tumor growth (Fig. 1A). Green tea contained more EGCG than black tea (Table 1), and studies have shown that EGCG inhibits the activity of 5α-reductase (38). These results derived from our animal model suggest that, although EGCG may be a potent antitumor agent in green tea and inhibit 5α-reducatase activity, green tea contains other constituents that may counteract EGCG's antitumor activity, in part by counteracting its modulation of 5α-reducatase activity. Further research is required to identify these constituents and study their effects and/or their interactions with other components on prostate cancer. Our results demonstrate the importance of evaluating the benefit of whole tea products, rather than just isolated tea catechins or EGCG, on prostate cancer prevention because other tea constituents may play important roles."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2683253/

OP
W

Wagner83

What is interesting here is while isolated green tea catechins do inhibit dht, drinking whole green tea increases it significantly.

paymanz

Thanks,very interesting.I wondering why I haven't seen this post!!! Lol

Black tea decreased testosterone and dht.

However I later found that green tea potently suppress thyroid function,haidut posted about it.and for thyroid black tea has less inhibiting effect.

So for steroids green tea seems better and for thyroid black tea.

At the end I desided to not drink any tea very much!

OP
W

Wagner83

Here is the study Study Confirms: Excessive Green Tea Consumption (1-2L) May Reduce Your Thyroid Function (T3, T4) by Almost 50% - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone and haidut's thread Green Tea, Fluoride Reduce Thyroid Function By As Much As 50%
You'll notice the equivalent of ingested green tea for a man (study was done on mice ) is over the top , 1-2L per day. You'll also notice caffeine was significantly worse than green tea for T3, yet I do think coffee's and caffeine's benefits outweigh such negative aspects . It's about balance, eat 15 bananas everday or drink 5 Liters of water at once and you'll have problems too.
Just my two cents.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wagner83

I did not read it well, apparently the caffeine did suppress T3 but less than the green tea group. However the green tea group ingested the equivalent of 1-2L of green tea while the caffeine group only consumed "0.51 mg/kg body weight for a human" , which is 40 mg for a 80 kg human.

OP
W

Wagner83

It's the first one 4 posts above, the one haidut mentioned.

michael94

Here is the study Study Confirms: Excessive Green Tea Consumption (1-2L) May Reduce Your Thyroid Function (T3, T4) by Almost 50% - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone and haidut's thread Green Tea, Fluoride Reduce Thyroid Function By As Much As 50%
You'll notice the equivalent of ingested green tea for a man (study was done on mice ) is over the top , 1-2L per day. You'll also notice caffeine was significantly worse than green tea for T3, yet I do think coffee's and caffeine's benefits outweigh such negative aspects . It's about balance, eat 15 bananas everday or drink 5 Liters of water at once and you'll have problems too.
Just my two cents.
do you have the link?

Right. When's the last time you heard of someone drinking 1-2L of green tea? Green tea will give very bad anxiety after drinking too much which is a sign of oxidative stress, and so will coffee, but green tea moreso. The fluoride in green tea is not toxic in the same way the crap in tap is. It is just a mineral that needs to be in balance with boron, iodine etc. And well, that is a huge topic of discussion in and of itself...

Only your body can tell you whether green/black tea. coffee, etc. is right for you at that particular time. I do not see a reason to avoid teas over an out of context thyroid metric which doesn't even measure intracellular thyroid nor atp nor long-term health trends in sane tea consumers!!

paymanz

@icecreamlover thanks,what you said makes sense but who knows about those variables, the info we have shows it suppress thyroid.you right , monitoring how it effects body in ultimate way to know its good or bad.

And one liter of tea is not that rare!

Good to know fluoride and boron interaction,Im using boron supplement sometime,so good for me ;)

TreasureVibe

Uhm, so caffeine actually suppresses T3 production? So coffee suppresses the thyroid? So coffee is not Peaty?

OP
W

Wagner83

Plenty of studies on ncbi show that black tea is actually loaded with fluoride while a lot of other teas are much less contaminated.

ddjd

What is interesting here is while isolated green tea catechins do inhibit dht, drinking whole green tea increases it significantly.
I had lots of green tea today and definitely noticed an androgenic effect. Very interesting

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals