Green Juices

GreekDemiGod

Love it how everybody in this thread with negative view on greens completely ignored OP saying he feels great in the moment when drinking GJ.

Nicole W.

I literally juiced the ***t out of greens for almost 15 years, and I can tell you, green vegetable juice isn't healthy. It's extremely harsh on the digestive system, especially if you don't dilute it properly. If you do juice greens, make each glass no more than 2 ounces of green juice, or else you're just going to end up with inflammation and gastritis for a number of hours afterwards.

Take a close look at every big-time green juicer. Virtually all of them have poor color in their faces, and often have freezing cold hands, and/or can't handle the cold at all. Dr. Robert Young's "pH Miracle" diet. should be called the "Pale Face Diet", because everyone on it looks like s**t.

I came across a site a number of years ago, that introduced me to the anti-nutrients in vegetables. Started paying more attention to how I felt with vegetables, especially green juices, in my diet. Turns out, that info was right on the money.
Ditto. Green juice every morning left me shaking and nauseous until I ate something really substantial. It was not good for me.

Gone Peating

WGA means Wheat germ agglutinin and is located in the germ/seed, it wouldn't be in the grass people use for their juicing.

Also, 8fl oz of wheatgrass juice has a lot of selenium, almost 6000 ug from cronometer :shock: :shock: :shock: , 0 GRAMS OF FAT = no PUFA :shock: :shock: :shock: , almost 30g of protein :shock: :shock: :shock: , zinc, potassium, phosphorus, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B3, and vitmain A....all very peaty.

My diet is very peaty, and I am looking to incorporate wheatgrass. I will be reporting how it goes.

How could it possibly have 30g of protein?? There’s no way that could be true right?

tara

I've been known to go for green juice. But always with other food. AFAIK, I have observed more positive effects than negative in the short term.

Green juice has a pile of chlorophyll in it. That means Mg (probably quite assimilable?) amongst other nutrients. If someone's deficient in any of the supplied nutrients, it might make them feel better, despite there also being some possible antinutrient effects?
Ditto. Green juice every morning left me shaking and nauseous until I ate something really substantial. It was not good for me.
I'd consider whether that was evidence of needing a substantial breakfast, not necessarily that GJ itself is harmful. That could be tested by having the GJ with or after a decent breakfast instead of first thing. Some people have reactions like that to coffee - stimulation without fuel.

johnwester130

I literally juiced the ***t out of greens for almost 15 years, and I can tell you, green vegetable juice isn't healthy. It's extremely harsh on the digestive system, especially if you don't dilute it properly. If you do juice greens, make each glass no more than 2 ounces of green juice, or else you're just going to end up with inflammation and gastritis for a number of hours afterwards.

Take a close look at every big-time green juicer. Virtually all of them have poor color in their faces, and often have freezing cold hands, and/or can't handle the cold at all. Dr. Robert Young's "pH Miracle" diet. should be called the "Pale Face Diet", because everyone on it looks like s**t.

I came across a site a number of years ago, that introduced me to the anti-nutrients in vegetables. Started paying more attention to how I felt with vegetables, especially green juices, in my diet. Turns out, that info was right on the money.

it's sad but true

green juicing is useless

ddjd

I once got 'beetroot flu' from drinking too much pure beetroot juice. The juice gave me an immediate sore throat, then two minutes later I got a dizzy headache and had to lie down. I was in bed for three days. Happened to two of us at the same time.

Beetroot flu - it's a thing :)
Could it be the oxelalates

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals