GREAT Thyroid Gland Source

natedawggh

I found this online. I got a bottle and within 30 minutes of taking it I noticed a very pleasant increase in my pulse and temperature, and a reduction of some aches I've been having. I don't think I'll stop my T3 (cytomel) but I already like the way this works better than it.

Thyroid Glandular - 90 Capsules

papaya

have you ever used any other type of natural thyroid product(armour,thiroyd etc)? if so, how does this compare to those?

tara

You did an sudden start to 130mg/2 grains? Or were you replacing something else? If it is effective/not too degraded by processing, this is quite a big increment.
If it pushed you straight up to optimum, it might be too much after a week or two at that dose when T4 levels start to plateau.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

You did an sudden start to 130mg/2 grains? Or were you replacing something else? If it is effective/not too degraded by processing, this is quite a big increment.
If it pushed you straight up to optimum, it might be too much after a week or two at that dose when T4 levels start to plateau.
Cool thanks. Yes I think I've been low on T4 so ill pay attention

tara

I'd recommend starting at 1/8 or 1/4 capsule, and incrementing after 2-4 weeks if needed.

papaya

tara, do u use/like this product?

tara

tara, do u use/like this product?

Not sure if I can say anything very clear and useful, but here's my experience.

I started out on a little nutrimeds, then the supplier switched to AB, so I got some of that, and tried it before my nutrimeds ran out (cautious as I am) at what should nominally have been the same dose. I didn't have a good month on the AB, and went back to the nutrimeds. I don't know that I gave it a fair test. Lately I've been taking 4 small doses of supplement a day, 3 of nutrimeds and 1 of chicken neck soup. I've also tried swapping out one dose of the nutrimeds with some tyromax for a few weeks, which seemed OK so I swapped out more of them for tyromax and had a worse month, and went back to nutrimeds again. It could be that I didn't get the dose of tyromax right for me at that time, so I'm not speaking against it. I am not at all confident about whether the changes between versions was what made a difference to me - there are always too many variables to control.

I sometimes wonder if the chicken neck soup is the most effective, though it could be the other things I have in my soup with it too. Or just something about the timing - dinner time soup. But it's not convenient to rely on such an awkward perishable substance all the time, especially when away from home. And it takes a while to make and icecube it.

It could be that the AB brand is less effective, and therefore a higher dosage is not so risky, but I'm not sure about that - Nate's experience above speaks to it being pretty potent for him. Unless there is a very clear and extreme thyroid deficiency, I would tend to err on the side of caution with any form of thyroid supplement, and start small and increment slow to get to a good dose. Taking much more than you need can get the body to make various defensive change, and then it gets more complicated to back down to a suitable dose.

papaya

thank u so much tara. you're always so helpful, u really r the best.

I found this product completely sucked. I threw mine away. I doubt there is anything active in it.

achillea

I found this online. I got a bottle and within 30 minutes of taking it I noticed a very pleasant increase in my pulse and temperature, and a reduction of some aches I've been having. I don't think I'll stop my T3 (cytomel) but I already like the way this works better than it.

Thyroid Glandular - 90 Capsules
Amount Per Serving / % DVRaw Thyroid Concentrate (Bovine Origin. Not an extract) 130mg / **Daily Value (DV) not established.Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose‚ magnesium stearate.Free of: Gluten‚ yeast‚ wheat‚ corn‚ soy‚ dairy‚ sugar‚ starch‚ artificial coloring or flavoring.Tissue processed by low temperature lyophilization to ensure and preserve natural - See more at: Health Supplements & Vitamins for Sale

Magnesium stearate! microcrystalline cellulose!---- Ray Peat says watch these for persorption

tara

heartnhands

Amount Per Serving / % DVRaw Thyroid Concentrate (Bovine Origin. Not an extract) 130mg / **Daily Value (DV) not established.Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose‚ magnesium stearate.Free of: Gluten‚ yeast‚ wheat‚ corn‚ soy‚ dairy‚ sugar‚ starch‚ artificial coloring or flavoring.Tissue processed by low temperature lyophilization to ensure and preserve natural - See more at: Health Supplements & Vitamins for Sale

Magnesium stearate! microcrystalline cellulose!---- Ray Peat says watch these for persorption
Thanks for your input....Details like that make a big difference.

achillea

Dr Peat,

It appears that various internet sites make organic thyroid glandulars available. They are usually New Zealand sourced. Are they a good source of thyroid supplementation and if so what would be the concentration of T4 to T3 in a whole glandular so we can dose appropriately?
Respectfully,

Natural thyroid usually has a ratio of about 4 to 1, T4 to T3; pure dehydrated gland without additives has three times as much hormone as the standard Armour product, because that was diluted with sugar to compensate for the water removed in dehydration.

On Apr 10, 2016, at 4:33 PM, <**********@earthlink.net> wrote:

Dr Peat,

It appears that various internet sites make organic thyroid glandulars available. They are usually New Zealand sourced. Are they a good source of thyroid supplementation and if so what would be the concentration of T4 to T3 in a whole glandular so we can dose appropriately?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kray

Dr Peat,

Respectfully,

Natural thyroid usually has a ratio of about 4 to 1, T4 to T3; pure dehydrated gland without additives has three times as much hormone as the standard Armour product, because that was diluted with sugar to compensate for the water removed in dehydration.

On Apr 10, 2016, at 4:33 PM, <**********@earthlink.net> wrote:

Dr Peat,

Could you translate this conversation from Dr Peat? What was the "AB" that was referred to-- a brand? Is that Ancestral Supplements Thyroid? Thank you-

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals