Great study on Oxalates... Sugar can cause oxalates problems it seems

Rasaari

"7. In certain clinical disturbances which in some of the cases studied above were associated with absence of free hydrochloric acid from the gastric juice, oxalic acid is formed in the organism. 8. This formation in the organism is connected with fermentative activity in the alimentary canal. (a) The prolonged feeding of dogs with excessive quantities of glucose, together with meat, leads eventually to a state of oxaluria. (b) This experimental oxaluria is associated with a.mucous gastritis, and with absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric contents.

(c) The oxaluria and the accompanying gastritis are referable to fermentation induced by the excessive feeding with sugar. (d) The experimental gastritis from fermentation is associated with the formation of oxalic acid in the gastric contents. 9. The symptoms attributed to an oxa]ic acid diathesis, with the exception of those due to local irritation in the genitourinary tract, do not appear to be due to the presence in the system of soluble oxa]ates, but are more likely to depend on other products of fermentation and putrefaction."

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Does this article make any of you wonder if the carbs/sugar might accelerate ‘dumping’?
It’s pretty interesting that when I was lower carb I never really experienced any significant dumping symptoms but the more I increase my carbs the more I relate to those dumping stories. Of course low carb has it’s own set of issues so I guess there could be a balance between enough cabs to avoid deficiency but not so much that dumping becomes uncomfortable?

OP
R

Rock_V

That's what I've been thinking! It might also explain why people don't seem to do well with starch / meat combinations. But perhaps sugar / meat combinations are just as problematic.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's what I've been thinking! It might also explain why people don't seem to do well with starch / meat combinations. But perhaps sugar / meat combinations are just as problematic.
I’ve noticed I definitely have a certain range with carbs and if I exceed that amount things get tricky. Fortunately it’s higher than it used to be. I just recently started experimenting with starch again a bit and the jury is still out. I must say I’ve improved over the last 2.5 though so I take that as a good sign.
Then there’s the part that @Rasaari highlighted on hydrochloric acid…I have some unopened betaine hcl so I may experiment with this weekend.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals