Great Lakes Collagen Vs. Zint Collagen

Carrum

I just compared Great Lakes to Zint using cronometer.com

Is one better than the other or is there an advantage to alternate between them?

collagen-great-lakes-24g.jpg
collagen-zint-24g.jpg

Dave Clark

I tried to get a COA from Zint, and they totally ignored me. So far, I am not warm and fuzzy about that company.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
About 3 or 4 years ago, I noticed that when Zint appeared and had low prices through Amazon, there were high praises / reviews but those people said they got some free sample products or whatnot. That is not necessarily bad but anyhow I tried to find out by Internet search who Zint is. Seems to be New Zealand related as stated but associated with a company who sells equipment and I think also additives, flavorings and such to Bread Manufacturing industry worldwide. THAT company website, being to the trade so to speak bragged all about rye bread simulations and such which had no traditional ingredients whatsoever but smelled like and looked like the 'real thing' which was unsettling and made me NOT want to support Zint collagen however great it might turn out to be. So they did not do themselves any favors sponsoring 'great reviews' on Big-A there.

Epistrophy

Best Gelatin I have tried is from CustomCollagen and I have tried many! Super high quality, I made jello recently and the gelatin does not impart any flavors what so ever. I noticed that great lakes had a weird smell after it set and other gelatin companies did not gel the way it was supposed too.