Granular Activated Charcoal To Solve Persorption

sm1693

Ray Peat
I’m not confident of the purity and proper particle size of the charcoal products that are available, so I think bamboo shoot and carrots, along with cascara sagrada as needed, are the safest way to keep endotoxin and estrogen under control.

http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2011/10/22/3169/

Does anyone have experience with using any granulated activated charcoal? Perhaps this would solve the persorption through the intestines issue.

Since many users are already using charcoalhouse brand made from coconut shell, this may solve the purity issue, at least compared to what was available whenever Peat made this statement.

http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/gra ... ted_carbon

The 20 x 50 mesh looks like it might be a good balance between large surface area and not too small particle size.

I assume no one has tried this since a search turned up nada. It's getting ordered.

cyclops

I have to get rid of my powdered charcoal and get granulated. It seems the powdered is not recommended and can cause potential problems.

Jessie

Seems like I'm really late to the party on this one, but just to throw in my 2 cents. I tried Health Natura's granular AC over a year ago. It was pretty good I guess, I do remember it being a little harder to swallow. The powder stuff can just be stirred into water and chugged.

The granular is a little more tedious. Gotta be careful to not get choked. Functionally I can't really say one is better than the other. Also, in case you're worried about AC persorption I don't think it matters much. Pretty sure Ray was talking about pure starch molecules when he brought that up.

And considering there's actually been cases where people have gotten intravenous injections of charcoal, I doubt it's harmful when exposed to the serum. Just use whatever you have on hand. Or whatever is easiest to get.

yerrag

Seems like I'm really late to the party on this one, but just to throw in my 2 cents. I tried Health Natura's granular AC over a year ago. It was pretty good I guess, I do remember it being a little harder to swallow. The powder stuff can just be stirred into water and chugged.

The granular is a little more tedious. Gotta be careful to not get choked. Functionally I can't really say one is better than the other. Also, in case you're worried about AC persorption I don't think it matters much. Pretty sure Ray was talking about pure starch molecules when he brought that up.

And considering there's actually been cases where people have gotten intravenous injections of charcoal, I doubt it's harmful when exposed to the serum. Just use whatever you have on hand. Or whatever is easiest to get.
The product has been discontinued by Healthnatura but I'm glad I still have some left.

My ezperience using it has been positive but then I've not had ban experiences with the powdered forms which comes in capsule form.

I don't know why Healthnatura discontinued it but my guess is people looking at it and feeling it would think it has sharp edges and would let their imagination run wild and this would result in complaints and returns and the owner having to explain and apologize if that's what it takes to resolve the issue and all. But I'm sad it had to go.

Jessie

The product has been discontinued by Healthnatura but I'm glad I still have some left.

My ezperience using it has been positive but then I've not had ban experiences with the powdered forms which comes in capsule form.

I don't know why Healthnatura discontinued it but my guess is people looking at it and feeling it would think it has sharp edges and would let their imagination run wild and this would result in complaints and returns and the owner having to explain and apologize if that's what it takes to resolve the issue and all. But I'm sad it had to go.
Interesting, I didn't know they discontinued it. I could feel the chunks when I passed them through bowel movements from time to time. I remember when passing, I could sometimes feel the rough edges as it came out, lol. But it wasn't anything overly uncomfortable. I could see how that might scare some people away from the product though.

I haven't used charcoal in forever. Truthfully I think bran is a much superior way to keep the intestines clean from bacteria, and it doesn't block nutrient absorption, so I've just been using that full-time now with great success.

LadyRae

After using loose powdered AC stirred into warm water, I tried granulated for a while and it did NOT work as well. And it was difficult to get down. I only use it once a week at the most, but when I do I need it to calm my stomach and I need that anti-inflammatory effect throughout my digestion ...the big granules just don't do anything...

Jessie

After using loose powdered AC stirred into warm water, I tried granulated for a while and it did NOT work as well. And it was difficult to get down. I only use it once a week at the most, but when I do I need it to calm my stomach and I need that anti-inflammatory effect throughout my digestion ...the big granules just don't do anything...
Interesting report, I always subjectively preferred the powder as well. The difficulty of swallowing the granulars just made the whole process far more trouble than it was worth imo. Maybe if they made them into tiny pellets it would be better? Idk though.

I would mostly use AC for cleansing myself after eating fast food or something bad for me. So I didn't really develop a consistent relationship with the product.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals