Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

GreekDemiGod

Why not just integrate beans and oats into a Peat high-retinol diet then?

In the end, we’ll all probably realise that “a little bit of everything” is the ultimate and safest protocol.

Lollipop2

In the end, we’ll all probably realise that “a little bit of everything” is the ultimate and safest protocol.
Interesting thought and might just be true ASIDE from PUFA oils. Those are pure toxic waste.

A few nuts, some fish, occasionally some avocado etc fine. Best is simply eating fresh homemade food.

tallglass13

I’m doing well with beans as long as I keep the amount of fat fairly low around the time I eat them.
Thanks blossom.. I've been sticking to filet mignon and some juices and feeling really great.. I want to add beans cuz they're so tasty, but I'm going to chill for now.. I'm really enjoying white fish tilapia, fish tacos, red meat, with some juice I think that's really good.. the macrobiotic diet wants a lot of whole grains and beans, I tried some oatmeal today with milk and bananas and very disappointed! I then had some filet mignon in a little Tupperware and scarfed that down and felt super normal. This whole diet thing is the most confusing thing in the whole world!

tallglass13

Why not just integrate beans and oats into a Peat high-retinol diet then?

I'm trying dude! I brought sprouted organic oats the best you can buy on the market.. soaked them in raw milk overnight with some sliced banana.. went to have it this afternoon at work, and was very disappointed! I had some leftover filet mignon in a tupperware that I dipped in some A1 sauce, super delicious and just disintegrated in my stomach and is gone forever there's no intestinal issue what's so ever. Like I said to blossom, this diet stuff is so confusing! Red meat for me works so well along with fish. I want to be wholesome and to live by the Bible but, beans make me super farty and blowdy. They're tasty as heck I love a bean and cheese burrito or beans and whatever but damn!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks blossom.. I've been sticking to filet mignon and some juices and feeling really great.. I want to add beans cuz they're so tasty, but I'm going to chill for now.. I'm really enjoying white fish tilapia, fish tacos, red meat, with some juice I think that's really good.. the macrobiotic diet wants a lot of whole grains and beans, I tried some oatmeal today with milk and bananas and very disappointed! I then had some filet mignon in a little Tupperware and scarfed that down and felt super normal. This whole diet thing is the most confusing thing in the whole world!
I can relate and do feel my best in the short term digestion wise with a meat heavy diet. It’s taken me months to get the fiber piece dialed in and I’ve had to go slowly.

Last edited:

Orion

I'm trying dude! I brought sprouted organic oats the best you can buy on the market.. soaked them in raw milk overnight with some sliced banana.. went to have it this afternoon at work, and was very disappointed! I had some leftover filet mignon in a tupperware that I dipped in some A1 sauce, super delicious and just disintegrated in my stomach and is gone forever there's no intestinal issue what's so ever. Like I said to blossom, this diet stuff is so confusing! Red meat for me works so well along with fish. I want to be wholesome and to live by the Bible but, beans make me super farty and blowdy. They're tasty as heck I love a bean and cheese burrito or beans and whatever but damn!

I did a week on, few days off, week on, few days off of eating massive amount of beans daily and all the weird bloating and gas no longer occurs. Working up slowly never did this, eating beans all day like Karen Hurd rec'd seems to be the key. The first couple weeks on where a battle in my digestion, but it did go away quicker then I l thought possible.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I did a week on, few days off, week on, few days off of eating massive amount of beans daily and all the weird bloating and gas no longer occurs. Working up slowly never did this, eating beans all day like Karen Hurd rec'd seems to be the key. The first couple weeks on where a battle in my digestion, but it did go away quicker then I l thought possible.
Awesome!
Edit: I never hesitate to give myself a break these days whenever I feel like I’ve pushed to hard with something. I’m also have more patience. :)

Orion

Awesome!
Edit: I never hesitate to give myself a break these days whenever I feel like I’ve pushed to hard with something. I’m also have more patience. :)
Some of the days were rough, but I feel glad I pushed through. I remember being young and eating beans with no issues, back to the same now.

The main symptoms were not too rough; gurgling, bloating, gas, more visits to toilet all good now.

tallglass13

That's interesting I'll definitely try that, I had beans last night from El Pollo loco they have pinto beans that aren't mixed with any oil.. only farted a couple times last night TMI.. I'll have a couple servings of beans today.. definitely like beans and they are a starch so still good for metabolism... Anything tasty that we enjoy surely can't be that bad.. in fact like other people are saying about the blue zones and lots of long lived people ate beans.

Jib

The bean protocol is about binding bile to lower excess cholesterol and hormones. So I am glad it is helping you! I can't tolerate too much without severe symptoms so I guess my bile is pretty toxic lol.

Been watching more of Garrett's stuff on YouTube, which is great. What's interesting is he says the only consistent thing he recommends is avoiding vitamin A. Lots of people don't tolerate beans and his advice if you're struggling with them or not digesting them well is to simply avoid them, or only have as much as you can tolerate without issues.

I do wonder if the type of bean makes a difference too. Personally I seem to do very well with pinto beans in particular, and will be trying adzuki beans soon. I've found I get a lot more discomfort from navy beans and great northern beans. Strangely, not too big on kidney beans either, even though pinto beans are in the kidney bean family. I'm just having canned beans for now but plan on pressure cooking them soon. There are multiple options there as well, such as pressure steaming vs. submerging them in water, and more. I actually quite like natto (fermented, slimy beans), which would be a huge turn off for most people, and would like to experiment with making that myself eventually. One of my friends already does and you can make natto out of pretty much any type of bean.

Rice is an example of a food I simply don't tolerate at all. Causes intense reflux every single time and I end up burping it up. No idea why, but just how it is for me. So I avoid it. Maybe our food tolerances go up as we get healthier, but for the time being, I agree with Garrett 100%: "Doc, it hurts when I do this." Doctor: Then don't do that.
Peat and Garrett actually seem to have a lot in common in that there is no "Peat" or "Garrett" diet. They have their individual theories about how the body works, but to attribute a 'diet' to either of them is a misnomer.

InChristAlone

Been watching more of Garrett's stuff on YouTube, which is great. What's interesting is he says the only consistent thing he recommends is avoiding vitamin A. Lots of people don't tolerate beans and his advice if you're struggling with them or not digesting them well is to simply avoid them, or only have as much as you can tolerate without issues.

I do wonder if the type of bean makes a difference too. Personally I seem to do very well with pinto beans in particular, and will be trying adzuki beans soon. I've found I get a lot more discomfort from navy beans and great northern beans. Strangely, not too big on kidney beans either, even though pinto beans are in the kidney bean family. I'm just having canned beans for now but plan on pressure cooking them soon. There are multiple options there as well, such as pressure steaming vs. submerging them in water, and more. I actually quite like natto (fermented, slimy beans), which would be a huge turn off for most people, and would like to experiment with making that myself eventually. One of my friends already does and you can make natto out of pretty much any type of bean.

Rice is an example of a food I simply don't tolerate at all. Causes intense reflux every single time and I end up burping it up. No idea why, but just how it is for me. So I avoid it. Maybe our food tolerances go up as we get healthier, but for the time being, I agree with Garrett 100%: "Doc, it hurts when I do this." Doctor: Then don't do that.
Peat and Garrett actually seem to have a lot in common in that there is no "Peat" or "Garrett" diet. They have their individual theories about how the body works, but to attribute a 'diet' to either of them is a misnomer.
Good point Jib. Yes if something is causing bad symptoms best to just minimize it. Unless everything causes bad symptoms lol. Which I guess happens to people who are on extremely restrictive diets. I am of the mindset that if you have to narrow your diet to two or three foods then something is going wrong. I want to be able to eat whatever is placed in front of me without suffering for days after. I had black beans on my chipotle burrito bowl a couple days ago. I did notice increase in anxiety and bloating but that's to be expected when I haven't been eating them. Better than in the past when I would have a massive panic attack after things like refried beans.

RWilly

Good to know. I use the free version as well. Here's my screenshot of 1 ounce of liver, which should certainly show vitamin A numbers, although it does show in the top section circle chart. I guess I miss seeing it show up in the nutrient breakdown like it used to.

Attachments

• cronometer.png
    cronometer.png
    122.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

RWilly

Weird, happened to me too. I know I didnt disable it so I went back and re-enabled it. Must be an error.
Do you have the paid version? I took a look in the display section, and I don't even have vitamin A as a choice from the dropdown list of nutrients.

Attachments

• drop down list of nutrients.png
    drop down list of nutrients.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 4

redsun

Do you have the paid version? I took a look in the display section, and I don't even have vitamin A as a choice from the dropdown list of nutrients.
No I use the free version. It still showed up when I went to the vitamin section to turn it back on. That is weird.

orangebear

It seems like they're in the process of switching over from IU to RAE mcg, but it's kinda buggy so far. In the iOS app, you can still enable the IU display since they don't have mcg data for all foods in the database yet, but it disappears again after some time. I can't find the IU option anywhere on the web UI anymore.