Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

duckduck

I think heme iron might be doing this to my skin too. Are carotene foods also triggers?
I’ve found egg yolks and enough zinc rescue my libido
I think carotene foods gave me acne too, because now that I have eliminated them I'm clear. I wasn't totally clear when I was 100% low fat vegan. I don't want to add eggs to my diet because it raises vitamin A too much now that I love my milk so much, plus I don't think it's good to have so much arachidonic acid from food. Your body makes it from the little amounts of linoleic acid you get from foods and that way there can't be too much of it.

Every day I eat the same foods and same amounts because I do bodybuilding. I don't want to spend time thinking how many calories I ate today so I just eat the same foods and I always to how much and can easily track my progress. So every day I eat, 200g black beans, 300g red lentils, 250g barley, 500g white cabbage and 1 litre of whole milk. I just added the whole milk to my diet a month ago and my training has been going awesome after that. A litre of whole milk has only 1333 IU of vitamin a and that's basically all the vitamin A I get from my diet so it's really not that much. Three whole eggs has more vitamin A than a litre of whole milk. Before when I didn't drink milk I just consumed more beans and lentils, so now I eat much less fiber than before. I never have any bloating eating this much fiber or any other negative symptoms.
Wow, that’s amazing you can eat all that fiber! My intestines would probably exlpode from all that.

When I was vegan I had super low fat intake, I just ate sweet potatoes, broccoli, buckwheat, lentils and beans. No added fats and no nuts and seeds. I don't know what else should I eat to build muscle if I can't eat any legumes and grains. I think Karen Hurd is absolutely wrong about her stance on plant based protein. I am extremely muscular, majority of steroid users don't even look as muscular as me, I get accused of using steroids all the time. I don't think we have any other way of knowing what caused my hypogonadism than to wait and see if it gets better now that I don't megadose with carotenes anymore. You get small amounts of all fats from plants and your gut bacteria makes saturated fat from the fiber, so I just don't think its the low fats problem.
It doesn’t mean you can’t build muscle on plants, it just way easier with animal protein. Vast majority of people will have a hard time building vegan muscle - you are probably an outlier in that regard (bell curve distribution).

I know. :( The study that I linked in which 20 year old guy got hypogonadism from carotene overload, it took him 9 months to recover! And I'm almost double his age, how long is it gonna take for me to recover, it sucks.

Can you repost the link please? I can't find it.

hearsay

How low is a low vitamin A diet and doesn’t most animal products and fat have vitamin A? What would be a basic low vitamin A diet? This thread is wild. Long and interesting haha.

duckduck

How low is a low vitamin A diet and doesn’t most animal products and fat have vitamin A? What would be a basic low vitamin A diet? This thread is wild. Long and interesting haha.
Unless you have been abusing vitamin a supplements, eating liver and lots of carrots and sweet potatoes every day then you don't have to read this thread. Vitamin A is clearly not a toxin, it's a vitamin. For different reasons people have been mega dosing vitamin A supplements and vitamin A rich foods and those people can have problems.

There are of course some extremists who believe that vitamin A and carotenes are toxins. There are also people who think that earth is flat and Trump won the election and it's normal to have a lawyer who leaks motor oil from his face, LOL. Lots of crazies in this world, reader beware!

hearsay

Unless you have been abusing vitamin a supplements, eating liver and lots of carrots and sweet potatoes every day then you don't have to read this thread. Vitamin A is clearly not a toxin, it's a vitamin. For different reasons people have been mega dosing vitamin A supplements and vitamin A rich foods and those people can have problems.

There are of course some extremists who believe that vitamin A and carotenes are toxins. There are also people who think that earth is flat and Trump won the election and it's normal to have a lawyer who leaks motor oil from his face, LOL. Lots of crazies in this world, reader beware!

Oh, you’re... like retarded haha.

I’ll keep that in mind then. I am not interested in jumping into a new crazy diet. Just seems like an interesting topic.

Looks like there are a few compounding factors here. From the article:
“ The patient had an unremarkable medical history and led a healthy life (no smoking or alcohol) with a 3-h daily-training schedule for the last 4 years.
2.2 Diet
His daily diet included fish, milk and eggs and liberal quantities of bread and fruit. Moreover, his routine in- cluded daily consumption of 500 g of carrots, 500 g of broccoli and large portions of lettuce, tomatoes, cab- bage and garlic. These are all vegetables rich in carotenoids. A notable feature of his diet was a total restriction on animal meat and fat. This type of diet was introduced more than a year before the problem became evident and the diet was of his own design.
. A diffuse enlargement of his thyroid gland (~30–35 g) was evident on palpation.”
So basically he was training 3 hours everyday without any ped-s which would’ve improved his recovery, and eating a ton of goitrogens with beta carotene. Conclusion - overtraining with tons of goitrogens and beta-carotene is a recipe for disaster.

duckduck

Looks like there are a few compounding factors here. From the article:
“ The patient had an unremarkable medical history and led a healthy life (no smoking or alcohol) with a 3-h daily-training schedule for the last 4 years.
2.2 Diet
His daily diet included fish, milk and eggs and liberal quantities of bread and fruit. Moreover, his routine in- cluded daily consumption of 500 g of carrots, 500 g of broccoli and large portions of lettuce, tomatoes, cab- bage and garlic. These are all vegetables rich in carotenoids. A notable feature of his diet was a total restriction on animal meat and fat. This type of diet was introduced more than a year before the problem became evident and the diet was of his own design.
. A diffuse enlargement of his thyroid gland (~30–35 g) was evident on palpation.”
So basically he was training 3 hours everyday without any ped-s which would’ve improved his recovery, and eating a ton of goitrogens with beta carotene. Conclusion - overtraining with tons of goitrogens and beta-carotene is a recipe for disaster.
"Moreover, from his very entrance to the examination room, an intense fishy-like odor from his body was evident." WTF, maybe he is part of Giuliani's star witnesses.

mrchibbs

Does anyone have sexual problems with low vitamin A? Poor erections, low sex drive, no morning wood etc.

I would try more vitamin E. It's possible your requirements are elevated, and it can fix sexual issues pretty quickly.

mrchibbs

Been taking sunflower e 400IU daily for a couple of years now, no help.

I don't think that's a valuable form of vitamin E.

duckduck

Last winter I had good erections for about a month and then it got bad again. That time I took Life Extension Florassist Gi with phage technology probiotic, could it be that it was this probiotic that improved my erections?

Ben.

Any summery? Is it bad or not?

It's complicated :D

It seems so. Like anything health or food related ...

I dont get it realy. One woman at my workplace got rid off her crazy dandruff with vitamin a supplementation
(she said its because of this birth control thing in her arm).
I also know of some ladys using cosmetics with retinol helped them get rid of wrinckles.

On the other hand i had vision improvements on a red grape fruit fast....
I also notice these kind of improvements with psyllium tho, so it might be actually an liver issue ...

There are even other websites of people that have healed hashimoto's very quickly using this way of eating. I just don't see how anyone can challenge anything that has anything to do with the positive effects of the vitamin A elimination way of eating.

reversing hasimotos ... interesting... there is this one woman i'd love to help with her hasimotos.
Oddly i've read reports of thyroid improvements with liver/liver supplements. Which is probably one of the highest foods containing vit a.
Also if it is so problematic why does it seem to be so widespread in our foods? People like Hans for example eat organ meats daily.
I guess the safer option would be to test the low vit a diet first, and if that doesnt help i'll trowh some liver trough her window.

Sugarbabe i think explained it well a few posts back as it stands in correlations with other vitamins/factors.

I swear the more i try to make sense of things the more contradicting informations and reports im coming across... its driving me crazy ...

Nighteyes

It seems so. Like anything health or food related ...

I dont get it realy. One woman at my workplace got rid off her crazy dandruff with vitamin a supplementation
(she said its because of this birth control thing in her arm).
I also know of some ladys using cosmetics with retinol helped them get rid of wrinckles.

On the other hand i had vision improvements on a red grape fruit fast....
I also notice these kind of improvements with psyllium tho, so it might be actually an liver issue ...

reversing hasimotos ... interesting... there is this one woman i'd love to help with her hasimotos.
Oddly i've read reports of thyroid improvements with liver/liver supplements. Which is probably one of the highest foods containing vit a.
Also if it is so problematic why does it seem to be so widespread in our foods? People like Hans for example eat organ meats daily.
I guess the safer option would be to test the low vit a diet first, and if that doesnt help i'll trowh some liver trough her window.

Sugarbabe i think explained it well a few posts back as it stands in correlations with other vitamins/factors.

I swear the more i try to make sense of things the more contradicting informations and reports im coming across... its driving me crazy ...
Hehe I think what you are seeing is simply how complex and more importantly how different we all are. Some Will handle vit A just fine, others have liver issues and live darkness and will not. It can be frustrating to seek control and absolute truth, and yet we do it anyway. The eternal search for something that it always true that we can cling to. Or at least stable ourselves against. Accepting that everything has truth, even conflicting narratives brings peace. Own experiences are what matters most anyway. For the most part the body and its senses Will let you know of any imbalances. As long as whole foods are used. Having that ability meant better chance or survival and thus is inherant in us all :) sorry for rambling