Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Vinero

It looks like this summer will be 5 years for Grant according to ETFOH.

"2014 August-2015 May  The long road to recovery. It has not been exactly a linear and direct recovery. There have been some road bumps and setbacks. But, overall, everything has slowly moved back to normal. Where my health is now:  Thinking is perfectly clear (at least I think so).  I’m totally refreshed and thinking clearly in the mornings.  Fatigue is totally gone (not a trace of it).  Stiffness is totally gone; I mean completely! No stiffness in the morning or after sitting.  Joint pain is totally gone.  Skin nodules—completely gone.  Psoriasis on the elbows—completely gone, not a speck of it.  Skin is almost perfect. Weirdly, other than on my hands, it now very smooth, like that of a kid’s.  Itchiness is totally, completely gone.  Age spots have all but disappeared.
Spoken language is much more fluent; I now immediately notice misspelled words.  I can now hit bumps all I want on my bike; the inflammation in my brain is gone.  The world is brighter (this is not a metaphor or a figure of speech; it’s literally brighter). I bet my cataracts are gone.  My vision is vastly improved and still improving, it’s now crystal clear in the near view, distant view improving too. Some days my vision is remarkable as it was in my 20s. A home self-test is 20/15 (two grades better than 20/20). Yet, it varies from week to week.  I dream every single night now.  I have a much better quality of sleep every night now.  Night sweats are totally and completely gone—not a trace of them.  Overall, I have much more hair on my lower body, especially the legs. The hair on my head is thicker, too.  All other symptoms are slowly resolving.  I still have smaller, random inflammation occurrences and corresponding negative vision changes.  My overall wellbeing has vastly improved from a year prior.  Another oddity is I think my sense of smell has improved.  My ability for tasting sweetness is about 3 times better.  Blue and green neon signs at night are now very clear.  The thick build up of skin I had on the heals of my feet for over a decade is now gone, my heals are now normal and quite smooth."

Those were just his 1 year improvements.
Amazing, if this is real I want to try this. But how is he not overloading himself with Iron by eating nothing but beef for protein. He also gets zero calcium.

InChristAlone

Amazing, if this is real I want to try this. But how is he not overloading himself with Iron by eating nothing but beef for protein. He also gets zero calcium.
Remember he is an older guy with presumably lower metabolic rate. So over the course of his life he likely has plenty of calcium in his tissues. Slow oxidizers need less calcium. Which is why some say the Peat diet is so harmful because it usually has double the calcium of the RDA.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
And the less acidic you are, the less calcium you will need because the body will not be leeching the calcium from the bones to buffer the acidity.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I know he's mid to late 50's and by Peat's metabolism standards he's probably hypothyroid. He stated in his latest post that his HR is 50 and the doc said he had the heart of an athlete. He seems to feel good though.
I'm personally doing a little bit of eggshell and mineral water.

InChristAlone

“Toxic” beef bone soup

"A 29-year-old man presented to us in July, 2009 with 2 months history of postprandial abdominal fullness, excessive thirst, nocturia and generalised weakness. For the past one month he was having recurrent vomiting, anorexia and constipation. He had no history of fever, headache, visual blurring, vertigo, colic, blood in stools, breathlessness, cough or jaundice. He was a smoker, non-alcoholic, and was not taking any prescribed medications or illicit drugs prior to onset of symptoms. Noncontrast computerised tomography (CT) scan of head, barium study of upper gut and oesophagogastroduodenoscopy tests, which had been done prior to presentation to us, were unremarkable. His physical examination was remarkable only for dehydration.

After adequate rehydration with normal saline, we took appropriate serum samples for assays of parathormone (Intact), 25(OH)D3 and 1,25(OH)2D3. These were 9.6 pg/mL (RR:15–65 pg/mL), 1146 ng/mL (RR:16–70 ng/mL) and 103.7 pg/mL (RR:19.6–54.3) respectively.

After repeated inquiry about his diet he revealed that in the belief of improving his stamina, he used to drink 1–2 litres of soup, prepared by prolonged boiling of long beef bones, at least 3 days every week, for 6 months prior to falling ill.

Since vitamin D is stored in fat (4), source of excessive vitamin D in our patient seems to be this “toxic” beef bone soup, with vitamin D coming from fatty marrow. In conclusion, this case report underscores the importance of in-depth dietary history for arriving at diagnosis particularly in young adults and adolescents in whom food fads are very common."

Makrosky

I know he's mid to late 50's and by Peat's metabolism standards he's probably hypothyroid. He stated in his latest post that his HR is 50 and the doc said he had the heart of an athlete. He seems to feel good though.
I'm personally doing a little bit of eggshell and mineral water.
I am really sure there's millions of people with HR between 50-80 and temp above 36 and under 37 which have excellent health. Problem is when one starts to see the whole spectrum of reality thrugh the narrow Peat (or anyone) lense.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I am really sure there's millions of people with HR between 50-80 and temp above 36 and under 37 which have excellent health. Problem is when one starts to see the whole spectrum of reality thrugh the narrow Peat (or anyone) lense.
I agree.

somuch4food

I pondered about using metrics when I first came to this forum. Lately, I have come to the conclusion that health markers are just mean numbers as seen in healthy people and they don't hold much value to an individual.

I'm now using intuition. If I like how I feel, I continue what I'm doing. If I'm not satisfied, I look for potential solutions and test them out.

Somebody might like to be a busybody always running from one activity to the next and others like me much prefer to be low key. As long as stress is low (meaning you are satisfied), health should come along, but you have to listen to your body.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I pondered about using metrics when I first came to this forum. Lately, I have come to the conclusion that health markers are just mean numbers as seen in healthy people and they don't hold much value to an individual.

I'm now using intuition. If I like how I feel, I continue what I'm doing. If I'm not satisfied, I look for potential solutions and test them out.

Somebody might like to be a busybody always running from one activity to the next and others like me much prefer to be low key. As long as stress is low (meaning you are satisfied), health should come along, but you have to listen to your body.
That sounds like a good plan. Sometimes the numbers game can just be an additional stress. I was sort of happy when I realized I had lost my thermometer recently because it had been so long since I'd used it. Freedom

Cirion

I dunno, so far I have not seen any one posting here with low HR and low temp that felt like they were in optimal health.

Also I track incessantly and there is never a time where I feel good and my HR and temp are NOT high.

Now there have been some times, I will admit, my HR and temp were good and I did not feel good, but the reverse has never been true (low hr and low temp and feel good. Not once ever).

Let's not forget though, that one can feel good and not be healthy. Stress hormones feel great. So some people on keto for example, might feel good, but actually be poor health and have low HR and/or low temp to go along with it.

feeling good =/= healthy

All that said, being healthy should and does (at least eventually, if there is a lot of damage to undo) lead to feeling good. Perhaps not right away though. That's why I think it can be dangerous to chase feeling good (as an isolated metric), instead of chase what are truly markers of health like HR and temp, those are objective markers of health where as "feeling good" is very subjective and don't get me wrong, a useful metric that I also track, but not the only metric.

If all one wants to do is feel good in the short term, just drink alcohol, smoke, take drugs. Lol :P

Purging PUFA's is not going to feel good. Purging estrogen and tryptophan will not feel good. Lots of stuff that will not feel good short term, but if going purely by feel, one may fall down the path of thinking they're not getting better.

Last edited:

Makrosky

Now there have been some times, I will admit, my HR and temp were good and I did not feel good,

Sure, yeah... for instance, around 2 years ago I was like that for many months. Good pulse (around 95) and good temps (around 36.8 celsius) which is not perfect according to Peat but should be very good anyway. My TSH was also on the low end of the range, sometimes 0.8 other 1.2 which is really low for the normal population and certainly lower than my previous TSH readings pre Peat.

My dad which doubles my age had more stamina and stress resilience than me.

You really cannot judge only by temp and pulse. It doesn't make any sense.

What I think is that if some idea, discovery or technological advance is REALLY good for everyone, then nothing stops it from spreading. It is unstoppable. So far no one has ever found health answers that fit not to say everybody, but the bulk majority of the population. If this temp and pulse thing was so good, we would be doing it. Good advances are unstoppable, they spread like a disease.

Cirion

Sure, yeah... for instance, around 2 years ago I was like that for many months. Good pulse (around 95) and good temps (around 36.8 celsius) which is not perfect according to Peat but should be very good anyway. My TSH was also on the low end of the range, sometimes 0.8 other 1.2 which is really low for the normal population and certainly lower than my previous TSH readings pre Peat.

My dad which doubles my age had more stamina and stress resilience than me.

You really cannot judge only by temp and pulse. It doesn't make any sense.

What I think is that if some idea, discovery or technological advance is REALLY good for everyone, then nothing stops it from spreading. It is unstoppable. So far no one has ever found health answers that fit not to say everybody, but the bulk majority of the population. If this temp and pulse thing was so good, we would be doing it. Good advances are unstoppable, they spread like a disease.

What were your waking pulses and temps? I'm not kidding myself, I know why I'm still not doing great.

And that's because my waking temps and pulses are not consistently good. Out of all the times to measure, this is most indicative of your overall health, although it's also very important to keep it up at all times during the day too.

I just did conversion from C to F (I don't use C scales lol)... so 36.8C = 98.2F... that's low. I feel bad at 98.2F personally. Usually, I have to be closer to 99F to where I start to feel complete clarity of mind.

I'm with you on TSH though. I am not sure the obsession on low TSH. A lot of forum members here get low TSH but actually feel worse.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Makrosky

What were your waking pulses and temps? I'm not kidding myself, I know why I'm still not doing great. I'm with you on TSH though. I am not sure the obsession on low TSH. A lot of forum members here get low TSH but actually feel worse.

And that's because my waking temps and pulses are not consistently good. Out of all the times to measure, this is most indicative of your overall health, although it's also very important to keep it up at all times during the day too.

I just did conversion from C to F (I don't use C scales lol)... so 36.8C = 98.2F... that's low. I feel bad at 98.2F personally.

36.8 is low ? That is only 0.2 degrees away from the "perfect" temps of 37!

Regarding waking temps I don't know. I normally take random measures during the day when I think about it. It was 36.8 most of the time, but never measured it when getting up.

InChristAlone

I am at the end of my menstrual cycle day 26 temp 98.9 pulse 100. That was 1 hr after drinking hot chocolate. I feel the most grounded at 98.6 and 85-90 pulse. When I get like this I can get a boat load of stuff done at least. As long as anxiety doesn't kick in.

Cirion

36.8 is low ? That is only 0.2 degrees away from the "perfect" temps of 37!

Regarding waking temps I don't know. I normally take random measures during the day when I think about it. It was 36.8 most of the time, but never measured it when getting up.

Sorry, maybe I used poor wording. It's not low, low, certainly not like 95F or something lol. I should have said something like a little lower than optimal. Still, you'd be amazed at how just one half of a degree (in Fahrenheit, again because I don't use Celsius scales =P) makes a HUGE difference in energy and mood. It does for me. Again, I feel my best at closer to 99+F which would be 37.2C. Often times I can even get 99.5F at night, which is when I often feel quite good, sometimes even euphoric. That'd be 37.5C (for you crazy Celsius people haha). Every once in a while I even get almost fever levels of 100, and at some times I'll be so euphoric I find even the smallest things funny (I'll laugh at absolutely stupid things on a TV show I'm watching).

Makrosky

Sorry, maybe I used poor wording. It's not low, low, certainly not like 95F or something lol. I should have said something like a little lower than optimal. Still, you'd be amazed at how just one half of a degree (in Fahrenheit, again because I don't use Celsius scales =P) makes a HUGE difference in energy and mood. It does for me. Again, I feel my best at closer to 99+F which would be 37.2C. Often times I can even get 99.5F at night, which is when I often feel quite good, sometimes even euphoric. That'd be 37.5C (for you crazy Celsius people haha). Every once in a while I even get almost fever levels of 100, and at some times I'll be so euphoric I find even the smallest things funny (I'll laugh at absolutely stupid things on a TV show I'm watching).
LOL! We must push charlie to install a xenforo plugin that does the translation between F and C automatically.

Hmm.... ok, I didn't know such small differences could make such big changes. I will remember your words and take a measurement whenever I feel I'm feeling really good. Let's see if it is above 38.6.

Cirion

38.6 o_O that's 101.5F. I think I have achieved that temperature once or twice through nutrition but that's definitely not a normal temperature I ever get lol. The only way I've achieved that was a heavily salted, hot starch meal heavily buttered plus hot tea (or it may have been hot coffee).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals