Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

dbh25

If it's the two I mentioned it's the naturally occurring vitamin A and not added. I haven't asked if they supplements their cows I only know that additional vitamin A isn't added to the milk.
Thanks, these are not the ones you mentioned. Trader Joes cheese and Sprouts milk. Another is Stonyfield yogurt, at 8% rda Vit. A. The milk and yogurt list Vit. D3 as an ingredient, so my assumption was that D3 is added and not A. (The A is naturally in there)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It should be listed in the ingredients if it's added. Products that are made from whole milk aren't required by law to be fortified.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Are you in the U.S.? If so the only dairy I could find in my area not fortified is Kalona Super Natural brand whole milk, butter, etc. There's also raw milk direct from a farm which can be hard to find and technically isn't legal for purchase in most states but there are ways to get around that law by purchasing it for your pet or being part of a milk share where you technically own a portion of the cow. Please ignore this if you're not interested in consuming dairy.
ETA: Trader's Point Creamery also has an unfortified whole milk.

Adding to this, Kirkland Greek Yogurt and Fage do not have any added A to their Reduced and Nonfat varieties. So, their nonfat versions should essentially have none.

dbh25

It should be listed in the ingredients if it's added. Products that are made from whole milk aren't required by law to be fortified.
I know with bread, it is very obvious when it is fortified. Good info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mossy

Thanks, these are not the ones you mentioned. Trader Joes cheese and Sprouts milk. Another is Stonyfield yogurt, at 8% rda Vit. A. The milk and yogurt list Vit. D3 as an ingredient, so my assumption was that D3 is added and not A. (The A is naturally in there)
I’ve been drinking Sprouts milk for a while now, and the Vitamin A Palmitate is added—at least for the low fat.

P.S. I believe all Sprouts milk, even whole milk, has vitamin A added.

Last edited:

dbh25

I’ve been drinking Sprouts milk for a while now, and the Vitamin A Palmitate is added—at least for the low fat.

P.S. I believe all Sprouts milk, even whole milk, has vitamin A added.
Why do you believe that? I checked whole milk, no vitamins added, it has
Vitamin A 112.2μg, 13%DV
Perhaps with the low fat, they need to add back in the fortified Vitamin A to meet the rda.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
1B80B266-56FD-4B45-942F-BA1E3C187C3E.png
Vitamin A 112.2μg, 13%DV
Perhaps with the low fat, they need to add back in the fortified Vitamin A to meet the rda.
I think some brands must just add it across the board for convenience. It should say on the label if it’s been fortified or enriched with vitamin A.

Mossy

Vitamin A 112.2μg, 13%DV
Ok, then maybe the whole milk doesn’t have it added, for the Sprouts brand, but I’ve purchased other whole milk brands that do.

I can confirm, looking at the carton for Sprout’s lowfat, that it is added.

Mufasa

Ray peat thinks beta carotene is problematic and vitamin A is beneficial.

That is line with my experience, and the reason I try to eat purple carrots instead of orange.

Vitamin A itself is awesome. It boosts T, DHT, dopamine, thyroid.

Anyone here tried low beta carotene, and then supplementing pure vitamin A? Im doing this for a long time and I keep improving.

Mossy

Attachments

• 5721EA53-AE87-4A4E-B555-7D861C5DB19B.jpeg
    5721EA53-AE87-4A4E-B555-7D861C5DB19B.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 21

freyasam

@freyasam, here are two links with the most detailed discussions on the theory. There is also a blog post on 180 degree health called Vitamin A: Vitamin or Villain. As far as I'm aware there isn't a simple official detox diet outlined anywhere for free beyond what Mr. Genereux ate to deplete his vitamin A levels. I believe Dr. Smith has a list of low A foods and a program available to his clients and many people are just figuring out for themselves what foods low in vitamin A work for them.

Blog-Forum

My eBooks
Thanks very much!

Richiebogie

Lowering beta carotene tends to lower folate and vitamin k intake!

This might be why Grant Genereux eats red kidney beans.

Legumes like red kidney beans, lentils and chickpeas are high in folate and low in vitamin A! (Red kidney beans have the benefit of high lysine compared to arginine).

Some fruits that are low in beta carotene but high in folate and vitamin k...

150g strawberries has 0% vitamin A, 4% vitamin k and 9% folate.

123g raspberries has 1% vitamin A, 12% vitamin k and 6% folate.

180g Honeydew melon is 2% vitamin A, 6% vitamin k and 8% folate, so that may be an inexpensive option!

Anyone accidentally become folate deficient?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Lowering beta carotene tends to lower folate and vitamin k intake!

This might be why Grant Genereux eats red kidney beans.

Legumes like red kidney beans, lentils and chickpeas are high in folate and low in vitamin A! (Red kidney beans have the benefit of high lysine compared to arginine).

180g Honeydew melon is 2% vitamin A, 6% vitamin k and 8% folate, so that may be an inexpensive option!

Anyone accidentally become folate deficient?
Mr. Genereux stopped the red kidney beans because someone informed him they contain beta carotene. :)
The last I read is that he now eats black beans.
Thanks for mentioning folic acid! I need to check on this.

Xisca

I only subtracted things
Nice.... There is a guy called Phil Escott who cured himself of auto-immune, and he started calling his method "substraction"! You find him on the web and facebook.
@franko, I really appreciate you sharing this information with the forum. I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone but there are people that are struggling with autoimmune issues that have tried everything to no avail or with only partial improvement and perhaps this could give them an additional avenue to explore on their healing journey.
I've suspected for many years that retin-a was a contributing environmental factor in my development of celiac disease. I learned it is advised against for people with celiac disease because it increases intestinal permeability via one of the interleukins.
It's also interesting that people with autoimmune diseases are reporting substantial improvements from the carnivore diet. It does make me wonder if vitamin A could be a factor for them. I could personally never go back to carb restriction but sadly the carnivore diet proponents are blaming everything on the carbs. This seems like a much safer approach.
Do you use eggshell or oyster shell calcium since you aren't eating dairy?
I am better indeed with the carnivore diet, and even a vegan neighbour told me he could see the difference and that it made him more tolerant.
"...calcium come from. It didn’t just magically appear, and minerals are not created from other elements."
I have read that the body CAN create elements from others! Like calcium from silicium.
It solved my question about why the composition of a chicken is not that of the egg, and why there is an increase of nutrients from the seed to the sprout!
Nobody thought that this was intriguing?
I try to eat purple carrots instead of orange.
Some are white... even better!
Berries are tipically eaten in carnivore diets by those who can! Because low in sugar too...

Last edited:

GWENAVIER

I agree with th subclinical A toxicity hypothesis of Grant D. from experience. On the other hand it appears vitamin A Aldehyde is leading to an endogenous produced aldehyde toxicity and also the congested Aldehydes which the A Aldehyde prevents from metabolizing and this also leads to histamine buildup.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have read that the body CAN create elements from others! Like calcium from silicium.
I think I was quoting someone else on that-at least I hope so because I don’t remember saying it!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals