Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

InChristAlone

I forgot to comment: the vitamin A gaved in that trial had [. . . Brewing document again . . .] 5 IU of vitamin E for every (weekly) 23000 IU of vitamin A, so people were receiving less than 1 IU of vitamin E per day. :thumbsdown:

Considering that the requirements for vitamin E are based on mg, less than 1 IU of it is negligible.
The question is would we need as much vitamin E if not for the large amounts of vitamin A?
:pillowfight

InChristAlone

The better question is: would it be beneficial to increase everything along with poison A to be able to manufacture for example Such_Saturations while keeping the mother healthier than before?
I am all for good nutrition all around but if a country is too poor to provide it then clearly giving just Poison A isn't the answer. Just like I question the crap iron fortified in most grain products I question trying to increase retinol or carotenoids to try to make up for a diet lacking in good animal products.

Amazoniac

I am all for good nutrition all around but if a country is too poor to provide it then clearly giving just Poison A isn't the answer. Just like I question the crap iron fortified in most grain products I question trying to increase retinol or carotenoids to try to make up for a diet lacking in good animal products.
Nepal disagrees. From the same link:

"[..]absence of a reduction in mortality among vitamin A and beta carotene recipients contrasts with the approximately 44% reduction in pregnancy-related mortality achieved by vitamin A and beta carotene supplementation in the trial conducted in Nepal, where dosages were comparable.4"​

InChristAlone

Nepal disagrees. From the same link:

"[..]absence of a reduction in mortality among vitamin A and beta carotene recipients contrasts with the approximately 44% reduction in pregnancy-related mortality achieved by vitamin A and beta carotene supplementation in the trial conducted in Nepal, where dosages were comparable.4"​
What link?

InChristAlone

It's from the link you posted, I assumed you read it, at least this was the case for everything in favor of poison A: you were willing to scrutinize without mercy.
You could've searched the passage on the Google as well.
It wasn't the link I posted you searched for the whole study. Which I'll admit I did not do. Honestly I am not as vested in this vitamin A stuff as someone who may be having serious health effects from overdosing. I am just experimenting and seeing what I find out. I just want my butt crack to heal for good.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I just want my butt crack to heal for good.
IMHO, it is from acidosis. And adding acid(vit c) on top of acid, is gonna be the burns.

InChristAlone

IMHO, it is from acidosis. And adding acid(vit c) on top of acid, is gonna be the burns.
I wish it was the acid. It started way before I ever took C. And it started as an itchy anus. That spread. I thought it was jock itch but no creams take it away. Actually it's the best it's been right now and I'm sick and taking lots of C.

Whichway?

I wish it was the acid. It started way before I ever took C. And it started as an itchy anus. That spread. I thought it was jock itch but no creams take it away. Actually it's the best it's been right now and I'm sick and taking lots of C.

You are probably making yourself copper deficient from the large doses of Vit C. Its not poison A which you seem to be fixated on and have completely bough into Grant's theory that its toxic at any dose. I think that's BS. It may have a narrower window of therapeutic range than what we currently think, but all nutrients have a range at which they produce optimal effects. Above or below this causes problems, but to label something a poison just because large doses cause problems is just biological ignorance.

Try some copper 2mg at a time, and cut back on dosing C to bowel tolerance.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

You are probably making yourself copper deficient from the large doses of Vit C. Its not poison A which you seem to be fixated on and have completely bough into Grant's theory that its toxic at any dose. I think that's BS. It may have a narrower window of therapeutic range than what we currently think, but all nutrients have a range at which they produce optimal effects. Above or below this causes problems, but to label something a poison just because large doses cause problems is just biological ignorance.

Try some copper 2mg at a time, and cut back on dosing C to bowel tolerance.
But it came on before the C and during a time when my diet was higher in copper than it is now. I mean I do think fungal could have been the cause and then because of the inflammation I developed inverse psoriasis. Who knows. I'd have to have it looked at by a Dr to know for sure.

S.Holmes

Genereux partially debunks the Vitamin A deficiency concept in Chapter 6 of Poisoning for Profits. Here is a quote with just one of his arguments:

"Next, we are going to consider what really happens when people are forced to endure long periods of chronic starvation, and diets completely void of vitamin-A. The prisoner of war camps during the second World War provides us with ample examples. [...] For now, we are going to particularly focus on the Japanese run camps, because it is well documented that the only rations allotted to the men captive in these camps was one cup of rice per day. Additionally, with the fall of Singapore and Hong Kong at the very start of the Pacific war the Japanese had captured about 190,000 British and allied troops. These men (the ones that survived) were captive for the entire duration of the Pacific war, so that’s for about 3 1/2 years. For the most part, they lived on nothing more than one cup of rice per day, and that’s if they were lucky. That’s it. Almost no protein, no fruits and vegetables, nothing else.

[...]

Clearly, for most the men held in these camps they were not only extremely malnourished in all manner of essential proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals, they had no vitamin-A whatsoever. [...] Therefore, under these conditions and according to the VAD theory, every one of these men should have quickly gone blind and had all of their epithelial tissues, and therefore all of their internal organs and glands, completely and quickly destroyed. There should have been massive and widespread cases of xerophthalmia, and blindness reported. It should have been almost ubiquitous within the prisoner populations. Obviously, that was clearly not the case. Not only did that not happen, but it was also nearly the complete opposite. Upon liberation, many of these prisoners were examined by Western medical teams. What’s reported should have been, and to a certain extent was, downright astonishing. The eyes and vision in the men remained in exceptional health. The doctors made special notes of how perfect the eyes appeared in most of these men. The sclera was remarkably void of any vascularization (a condition that normally occurs with xerophthalmia), and was perfectly white. American doctors reported the same (very noticeable and surprising) findings in the men liberated from the German P.O.W. camps.

How can that be? These men were chronically starved for years, and many starved to the brink of death (and of course many did die). They probably did not consume even mere specks of vitamin-A for more than three years, and there were almost no signs of vitamin-A deficiency reported.

[...]

The makeup and structure of the eye is very similar across most species of mammals. The proteins of the eye are also not species specific. The primary nutrients found in, and making up the eye, are proteins, and the B and C vitamins. Of course, we’ve been bamboozled into thinking that only the human eye needs massive amounts of vitamin-A. That’s right, we are supposed to believe that after more than 100 million years of evolution on the planet we humans are the only species that need to supplement with vitamin A to prevent our eyes from self-disintegrating. That, in itself is just so absurd, that it’s almost laughable. Sadly, it’s not laughable because it is a big fat lie that’s at the root cause of our chronic diseases.

Of course, this big fat lie needs to be kept secret. If we were to learn that the human eye has the same structure, protein composition, and therefore the same nutrient needs as in most other mammals, we might question why it is that only humans need to supplement with vitamin-A. How is it that all animal species on the planet can endure prolonged periods of starvation and yet retain perfect eye health and humans don’t? According to the vitamin-A deficiency theory, we should see entire herds of animals on the great plains of Africa and in the Canadian Artic all dropping dead at about the eight-week mark into the dry seasons. All of them should have their eyes disintegrating, and their skin burning off, infected, and all their internal organs failing at about the same time too. Hopefully, you see just how ridiculously absurd that whole notion is."​
Thank you so much for sharing this information! I’ve been Peating for 7 years. I’m so grateful for RP’s great research and articles which changed my thinking about pufas, sugar, hormones, and various health issues. But sadly, I have been trending downward for a while. I was relieved to read that others had the same experience, and I started reading Mr Genereaux’s books. His health conditions were almost identical to my own! I decided to add up the amount of vit A I was getting in a day. I was shocked because it was many times over the RDA! So I’m giving this a go. Only 2 days so far and my pains have already improved. So thanks again! I’ll try and report back as I’m able.

dbh25

decided to add up the amount of vit A I was getting in a day. I was shocked because it was many times over the RDA!
What were you eating that you were many times over the RDA!
I am assuming it was not fortified foods or polar bear liver.

freyasam

@freyasam aren't you one who took a lot of vitamin A and developed sun sensitivity? Have you ever looked in to the vitamin A detox?
Yes I am but haven't had that symptom in years. Do you think it's still worth looking into the detox? Sorry to ask you to do this but could you provide a link to the detox? My wrists are very painful and it's hard for me to click around in search of it. Thank you.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@freyasam, here are two links with the most detailed discussions on the theory. There is also a blog post on 180 degree health called Vitamin A: Vitamin or Villain. As far as I'm aware there isn't a simple official detox diet outlined anywhere for free beyond what Mr. Genereux ate to deplete his vitamin A levels. I believe Dr. Smith has a list of low A foods and a program available to his clients and many people are just figuring out for themselves what foods low in vitamin A work for them.

Blog-Forum

My eBooks

S.Holmes

What were you eating that you were many times over the RDA!
I am assuming it was not fortified foods or polar bear liver.
I was drinking a lot of fortified milk (can’t find any without added A), eating cheese, drinking oj, eating liver once a week, tropical fruit daily. It all adds up quickly! I had no idea so many foods had retinol or beta carotene.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was drinking a lot of fortified milk (can’t find any without added A), eating cheese, drinking oj, eating liver once a week, tropical fruit daily. It all adds up quickly! I had no idea so many foods had retinol or beta carotene.
Are you in the U.S.? If so the only dairy I could find in my area not fortified is Kalona Super Natural brand whole milk, butter, etc. There's also raw milk direct from a farm which can be hard to find and technically isn't legal for purchase in most states but there are ways to get around that law by purchasing it for your pet or being part of a milk share where you technically own a portion of the cow. Please ignore this if you're not interested in consuming dairy.
ETA: Trader's Point Creamery also has an unfortified whole milk.

dbh25

Are you in the U.S.? If so the only dairy I could find in my area not fortified is Kalona Super Natural brand whole milk, butter, etc. There's also raw milk direct from a farm which can be hard to find and technically isn't legal for purchase in most states but there are ways to get around that law by purchasing it for your pet or being part of a milk share where you technically own a portion of the cow. Please ignore this if you're not interested in consuming dairy.
ETA: Trader's Point Creamery also has an unfortified whole milk.
If milk and cheese labels have 6% rda Vit. A per serving, is that fortified/added?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If it's the two I mentioned it's the naturally occurring vitamin A and not added. I haven't asked if they supplements their cows I only know that additional vitamin A isn't added to the milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals