Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
3 years is a very long time. You can't be serious. If a diet doesn't give results within a few months it is trash. When I followed the simple diet that Grant genereux did of just White Rice and Beef I healed rapidly, feeling better within a week or two. After a month I felt amazing, all my health problems were going away.
I think Vitamin A is a potential toxin, but just eating low-a foods doesn't guarantee radiant health. I messed myself up with following some of dr Smith principles. There is something very specific about the diet that Grant thought up of white rice and lean beef.
All other versions of the low-A diet don't even come close. Only Grants diet worked for me. Beans, most whole grains, soluble fiber, excessive protein intake and supplementing too much minerals such as zinc, molybdenum and magnesium are things that made me much worse. My skin got unbelievably dry when I was eating around 500 grams of meat a day and supplementing zinc. I also gave myself cholestasis symptoms from eating beans and whole grains like barley.
Just keeping it simple, eating mostly white rice and lean beef. This is what worked for me. Up to half a pound of beef a day. Unlimited white rice. Maybe a little bit of olive oil to cook your beef in, a few nuts here and there. This basic approach makes me feeling very good within a week or two! You don't have to suffer for 3 years like dr Smith with all the beans and soluble fiber. You can feel better within weeks. Just follow Grant and keep things simple. Grant stated in his book he felt like he had overcome the symptoms of alzheimers disease after eating just rice and beef, after 3 weeks. That's exactly my experience too. After 3 weeks of eating rice and beef I get very high mental clarity, crispness of vision and can think clearly. Depression, anxiety and brain fog totally gone. These are the results you can get by following Grants simple basic diet of rice and beef.
Are you still on a rice and beef diet?

makaronai

I started following G. Smith on Facebook and he seems like a huge troll. Immature behaviour. Acts like he discovered the Low VA theory. I wouldn’t trust in following his advice, even though it may be right.
I get the same feeling when I see his posts on the Facebook group. Very authoritarian.

Attachments

• 5981B1CB-F64B-4052-913B-03D592E3CA0B.png
    5981B1CB-F64B-4052-913B-03D592E3CA0B.png
    209 KB · Views: 75
  • 86578DBD-907F-4062-8F5E-C94290E18CAE.png
    86578DBD-907F-4062-8F5E-C94290E18CAE.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 74

Vinero

Are you still on a rice and beef diet?
I've started again on the rice and beef.
I went high A last month, eating 4 eggs a day with lots of butter and cheese. Also ate cocoa butter. I felt good at first, after a few weeks I started to feel very off. Feelings of restlessness, anxiety, bad sleep, fatigue, brain fog.
I don't know if it's the saturated fat or the vitamin A, but I'm back on the rice and lean beef. That always works to make me feel good again.

youngsinatra

I've started again on the rice and beef.
I went high A last month, eating 4 eggs a day with lots of butter and cheese. Also ate cocoa butter. I felt good at first, after a few weeks I started to feel very off. Feelings of restlessness, anxiety, bad sleep, fatigue, brain fog.
I don't know if it's the saturated fat or the vitamin A, but I'm back on the rice and lean beef. That always works to make me feel good again.
Interesting. I did eat mostly white rice and lean beef for 2 year+ but I improved so much since switching to organic brown basmati rice, adding in black beans, white button mushrooms, occasional cooked oats with low vitamin A fruits. Plus some mineral water.

My nutritional profile also looks way better now (on cronometer) than with the white rice and beef alone. I feel like the rice n beef template leads to micronutrient deficiencies in the long term. (B1, B2, folate, copper, molybdenum, magnesium, calcium, vitamin C)

GreekDemiGod

@Vinero Do you get much sun? Spend a lot of time indoor?
How does your TSH vary with your diet changes?
Perhaps you are very sensitive to VA, it’s having an anti-thyroid effect on you.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’m eating beef & lamb, white and brown rice and various lentils and low oxalate beans as staples. Typically I have one fruit a day in the form an apple, banana or cucumber. That’s it right now and I haven’t felt this good since early 2020.

orangebear

I haven't gone through this entire thread (still on page 2) but I was intrigued by the hypothesis. I then had the idea to look up retinol/carotene content in human milk vs cows milk, and according to the following link, human milk has roughly 3x the amount of vitamin A as cows milk. What would be the proponents' of this hypothesis explanation for why that is?

orangebear

Also, has Grant proposed any scientific experiments or attempted to design any studies to falsify his theory? If, for example, obesity was a protective mechanism to stow away excess A, then wouldn't a biopsy of adipose tissue for obese people consistently show high levels of A in it? Especially in obese people with autoimmune conditions?

Old Irenaeus

I’m eating beef & lamb, white and brown rice and various lentils and low oxalate beans as staples. Typically I have one fruit a day in the form an apple, banana or cucumber. That’s it right now and I haven’t felt this good since early 2020.
You have it in the form of ground beef or ground lamb?

TheCalciumCad

I haven't gone through this entire thread (still on page 2) but I was intrigued by the hypothesis. I then had the idea to look up retinol/carotene content in human milk vs cows milk, and according to the following link, human milk has roughly 3x the amount of vitamin A as cows milk. What would be the proponents' of this hypothesis explanation for why that is?
Breast milk has VA in it because women accumulate VA over a lifetime in the diet as they do other toxins like heavy metals and lactation is a form of detox for the mother. On average the healthiest child is the first born partially because the mother has less toxins stored vs later children.

Also, has Grant proposed any scientific experiments or attempted to design any studies to falsify his theory? If, for example, obesity was a protective mechanism to stow away excess A, then wouldn't a biopsy of adipose tissue for obese people consistently show high levels of A in it? Especially in obese people with autoimmune conditions?
When people do liposuction the fat they suck out is usually yellow/orange, the same colour as retinol.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You have it in the form of ground beef or ground lamb?
It varies. I buy two lambs and one cow per year from Royer Farms here in Indiana. There are many different cuts when you buy that way but you can customize it a bit so I usually get as much ground as possible.

Old Irenaeus

It varies. I buy two lambs and one cow per year from Royer Farms here in Indiana. There are many different cuts when you buy that way but you can customize it a bit so I usually get as much ground as possible.
That sounds terrific. I am going to experiment w/ ground meat + rice.

orangebear

Breast milk has VA in it because women accumulate VA over a lifetime in the diet as they do other toxins like heavy metals and lactation is a form of detox for the mother. On average the healthiest child is the first born partially because the mother has less toxins stored vs later children.
I suppose in terms of anti-peat, that would probably be as anti-peat a position as you could get. I believe Dr. Peat is of the opinion that lactation is very much designed to only put the best things in the milk and keep toxins away from the child. Lactation as a detox pathway is a rather ludicrous sounding position and would probably result in mammalian extinction rather quickly. One interesting thing to note on that topic is that even if the mother has iron overload, milk generally contains very little iron, which makes sense as children are born with more iron than they need for their mass and grow into that iron while nursing. This would seem to back up Dr. Peat's position more than the low VA position. Now, it is certainly reasonable that the body can't filter out all toxins and some will invariably end up in the milk, especially those toxins that are relatively new to us, but retinol and carotenoids are ancient chemicals. This isn't necessarily an argument in either direction, but just my thoughts on the subject overall. We need to look more into these things before we can really prove things one way or another. Perhaps one interesting thing to look at would be the VA content of milk from deficient, sufficient, and VA toxic mothers and see how different the VA content is in the milk. If it's not too far apart, then that would be an indicator that VA is needed, at least in early development.

TheCalciumCad

I suppose in terms of anti-peat, that would probably be as anti-peat a position as you could get. I believe Dr. Peat is of the opinion that lactation is very much designed to only put the best things in the milk and keep toxins away from the child. Lactation as a detox pathway is a rather ludicrous sounding position and would probably result in mammalian extinction rather quickly. One interesting thing to note on that topic is that even if the mother has iron overload, milk generally contains very little iron, which makes sense as children are born with more iron than they need for their mass and grow into that iron while nursing. This would seem to back up Dr. Peat's position more than the low VA position. Now, it is certainly reasonable that the body can't filter out all toxins and some will invariably end up in the milk, especially those toxins that are relatively new to us, but retinol and carotenoids are ancient chemicals. This isn't necessarily an argument in either direction, but just my thoughts on the subject overall. We need to look more into these things before we can really prove things one way or another. Perhaps one interesting thing to look at would be the VA content of milk from deficient, sufficient, and VA toxic mothers and see how different the VA content is in the milk. If it's not too far apart, then that would be an indicator that VA is needed, at least in early development.
Oh I don't think WHILE nursing breast milk content is the same as others times women lactate, some women even lactate without being pregnant this would be a form of detox not while feeding an infant. Breast milk is obv a net good for babies, but how good depends on the mothers general state of health and toxin overload which likely gets worse with age.

Good example of breast milks adaptability and why formulas don't cut it.

View: https://twitter.com/SimplyBlessingg/status/1350492433449156612

orangebear

Oh I don't think WHILE nursing breast milk content is the same as others times women lactate, some women even lactate without being pregnant this would be a form of detox not while feeding an infant. Breast milk is obv a net good for babies, but how good depends on the mothers general state of health and toxin overload which likely gets worse with age.

Good example of breast milks adaptability and why formulas don't cut it.

View: https://twitter.com/SimplyBlessingg/status/1350492433449156612

Hmm. Well, I'm not completely convinced that VA is absolutely nothing but a toxin yet (I'm not going to change my mind 3 days after finding something without more learning), it's certainly reasonable that chronic hypervitaminosis A is a thing and might explain some of my personal issues. I am intrigued.

TheCalciumCad

Hmm. Well, I'm not completely convinced that VA is absolutely nothing but a toxin yet (I'm not going to change my mind 3 days after finding something without more learning), it's certainly reasonable that chronic hypervitaminosis A is a thing and might explain some of my personal issues. I am intrigued.
I'm not 100% convinced either yet only been experimenting with decreasing VA intake for 7-8 weeks which is going well so i'm gonna keep going. Just read the Genereux books they're a good intro the idea My eBooks

orangebear

From Grant's ebook, page 133:
Now, just like most villains, this one has a good side. At one level, it isn’t a villain at all. It’s a critical substance for the human body. At the right level, it’s not only harmless, but it’s also essential for health. So, it’s a double-edged sword. It’s also a very tricky balance. It isn’t just how much you consume; it also significantly depends on what other foods you consume it with.
I'm glad he put that in there but it certainly would be helpful to lead with that so as to avoid looking completely crazy. I think that's the most off-putting thing about this hypothesis: the proponents are very strong on the whole "poison A" rhetoric. Once you get into the details, you can see that the position is actually quite a reasonable one to entertain, but how many people will dismiss it entirely without giving it a second look because of initial impressions?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals