Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yikes ? Horrible. I agree about posting photos online these days…

Having a bunch of makeup on will certainly make someone look older - lol. By the way…glad to hear you are doing better!!
Thank you friend.

youngsinatra

Apparently, Garrett Smith is raising his day daughter on low VA.
View attachment 36716
Garrett Smith said multiple times that he raised his children on a high vitamin A diet (eating liver/taking vitamin A supplements) before he learned everything he knows now. And he stated that he regrets it deeply. He is only 3 years into this process himself as far as I know.
So his girl is probably not vitamin A deficient, given that context.

Vitamin A toxicity causes thinning of hair like crazy. Anyone who has this condition will agree with me on that. My skin also significantly aged after the vitamin A build-up hit really hard.

youngsinatra

4057ECBA-8E82-4843-A44C-788EBEE72D8D.png

Max23

Garrett Smith said multiple times that he raised his children on a high vitamin A diet (eating liver/taking vitamin A supplements) before he learned everything he knows now. And he stated that he regrets it deeply. He is only 3 years into this process himself as far as I know.

Vitamin A toxicity causes thinning of hair like crazy. Anyone who has this condition will agree with me on that. My skin also significantly aged after the vitamin A build-up hit really hard.
Didn´t he also say that he got divorced and doesn´t have custody of his children? Or do I recall it incorrectly? Also I seem to remember him saying he can´t control what his children eat for that reason. Sorry if I remember incorrectly.

GreekDemiGod

Have Ray or Haidut ever mentioned a recommended VA intake for someone with a high metabolism? How much VA does Danny Roddy average?
I also wonder what benefits do people who take Retinil have, and how many get negative effects.
I saw some reports of folks halting hairloss on low VA. But did anyone regrow hair on Low VA?

I think high VA(high fat solubles in general) promotes a wasteful, high metabolism, while Low Fat/ low VA promotes a conservative metabolism.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

Have Ray or Haidut ever mentioned a recommended VA intake for someone with a high metabolism? How much VA does Danny Roddy average?
I also wonder what benefits do people who take Retinil have, and how many get negative effects.
I saw some reports of folks halting hairloss on low VA. But did anyone regrow hair on Low VA?

I think high VA(high fat solubles in general) promotes a wasteful, high metabolism, while Low Fat/ low VA promotes a conservative metabolism.
HI boi,what is a "wastfull'metabolism and a "conservative metabolism" according to you?

GreekDemiGod

I started following G. Smith on Facebook and he seems like a huge troll. Immature behaviour. Acts like he discovered the Low VA theory. I wouldn’t trust in following his advice, even though it may be right.

OccamzRazer

You see now I know for a fact he is a fool who is controlled by his own set in stone beliefs. Vitamin A toxicity is a legitimate issue but he is arrogant enough to damage his child by depriving a nutrient that has been proven to be necessary. You should never be so sure of yourself about things like this that you would put children at risk. I question my methods and understanding every day and remind myself that even though i have learned a lot, I know very little. This is the right way to think in my opinion and it allows us to be more effective learners and not ignore evidence which can break down our own beliefs.

"And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know."
?

Very sad. Someone should sneak her some milk or something.

aniciete

You see now I know for a fact he is a fool who is controlled by his own set in stone beliefs. Vitamin A toxicity is a legitimate issue but he is arrogant enough to damage his child by depriving a nutrient that has been proven to be necessary. You should never be so sure of yourself about things like this that you would put children at risk. I question my methods and understanding every day and remind myself that even though i have learned a lot, I know very little. This is the right way to think in my opinion and it allows us to be more effective learners and not ignore evidence which can break down our own beliefs.

"And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know."
Well said.

GreekDemiGod

Found this quote from Haidut in the Retinil thread.

The only issue of vitamin A that I know of is that taken without sufficient vitamin E it can oxidize and damage cells. I think combined with a decent dose vitamin E (200+ IU) you can take 200,000 IU daily for a long time. There is a drug sold in Europe called Eavit which has 200,000 IU retinol and 200 IU vitamin E per pill and is often taken for up to 12 months without issues. People with liver issues should probably be more careful but even in them it is the oxidation of stored vitamin A in the liver that is the problem. So, taking vitamin E should help them too.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It just seems strange that we need to take an additional supplement to protect us from the side effects of the original one. It happens with pharmaceuticals all the time too. People take one drug and it either doesn’t work well enough or stops working and another one is added.
What if our precious vitamin science is actually flawed? Aside from the ‘a’ issue how did people make it without vitamin pills for most of human history just eating real food? People definitely ate ‘a’ more seasonally before modern supermarkets. Vitamin science is barely more than 100 years old if I remember correctly.
Trust me when I say I’ve had my doubts but the above are a couple of things I’ve thought about that really make sense to me. Another is that animals only have one liver so how much liver did people actually consume regularly?

GreekDemiGod

Aside from the ‘a’ issue how did people make it without vitamin pills for most of human history just eating real food? People definitely ate ‘a’ more seasonally before modern supermarkets. Vitamin science is barely more than 100 years old if I remember correctly.
Eating "real food" would definitely include eggs and some form of dairy from time to time. No sane, healthy, non-vegan person would completely avoid these foods if not for health issues.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Eating "real food" would definitely include eggs and some form of dairy from time to time. No sane, healthy, non-vegan person would completely avoid these foods if not for health issues.
I agree. I haven’t found them to be a huge problem from time to time. It’s when they become a staple long term that I start having problems. I believe there are people who can tolerate them as a staple though and that’s where each of us as individuals has to figure out what works best for us.

Vinero

3 years is a very long time. You can't be serious. If a diet doesn't give results within a few months it is trash. When I followed the simple diet that Grant genereux did of just White Rice and Beef I healed rapidly, feeling better within a week or two. After a month I felt amazing, all my health problems were going away.
I think Vitamin A is a potential toxin, but just eating low-a foods doesn't guarantee radiant health. I messed myself up with following some of dr Smith principles. There is something very specific about the diet that Grant thought up of white rice and lean beef.
All other versions of the low-A diet don't even come close. Only Grants diet worked for me. Beans, most whole grains, soluble fiber, excessive protein intake and supplementing too much minerals such as zinc, molybdenum and magnesium are things that made me much worse. My skin got unbelievably dry when I was eating around 500 grams of meat a day and supplementing zinc. I also gave myself cholestasis symptoms from eating beans and whole grains like barley.
Just keeping it simple, eating mostly white rice and lean beef. This is what worked for me. Up to half a pound of beef a day. Unlimited white rice. Maybe a little bit of olive oil to cook your beef in, a few nuts here and there. This basic approach makes me feeling very good within a week or two! You don't have to suffer for 3 years like dr Smith with all the beans and soluble fiber. You can feel better within weeks. Just follow Grant and keep things simple. Grant stated in his book he felt like he had overcome the symptoms of alzheimers disease after eating just rice and beef, after 3 weeks. That's exactly my experience too. After 3 weeks of eating rice and beef I get very high mental clarity, crispness of vision and can think clearly. Depression, anxiety and brain fog totally gone. These are the results you can get by following Grants simple basic diet of rice and beef.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

GorillaHead

hi,on what do you base your "theory"?
I am noticing a pattern.

High sugar causes oily skin for many people and acne

Strong retinols cause dry skin.

There is a thyroid and retinol connection. Too much causes thyroid to stop working making you hypo. But sugar makes thyroid work well. Look at a post i made earlier i discuss all this

SamYo123

I am noticing a pattern.

High sugar causes oily skin for many people and acne

Strong retinols cause dry skin.

There is a thyroid and retinol connection. Too much causes thyroid to stop working making you hypo. But sugar makes thyroid work well. Look at a post i made earlier i discuss all this
All sugars? Starch/ fruit / white sugar/ juice? / lactose?

GorillaHead

All sugars? Starch/ fruit / white sugar/ juice? / lactose?
Probably all sugars that cause insulin spikes.

I mean guys this theory isnt crazy. Raypeat apparently said retinol plus thyroid solves skin problems.

If u fix thyroid with sugar then u dont need thyroid supplementation so the missing piece is retinol.

How else do you guys explain all the paradoxes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals