Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Orion

I moved away from low ‘a’ due to my job during covid. I was working long hours in the hospital as well as mandatory overtime so without eggs and dairy I would have gone without eating quite often. I started getting my old symptoms resurfacing and required more and more thyroid as time passed and then had a health decline late last summer-early fall. I gradually went back towards low ‘a’ eating early this year and pretty strictly in March. My plan was to get my labs done on April 25 but I lost my job so I haven’t done them yet. I’m feeling much better though. I know it’s not popular or peaty but it’s working for me.

Nice to hear you are feeling better @Blossom I am now 3.5yrs super low VA and feeling good as well.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice to hear you are feeling better @Blossom I am now 3.5yrs super low VA and feeling good as well.
Do you feel better then when you started? What improvements did you see?

Orion

Do you feel better then when you started? What improvements did you see?

Hey @charlie hope you are well! It is hard to quantify, because the changes trickle in slowly over the months. Improvements in well-being, sleep, digestion, skin, body comp, alcohol tolerance, while taking zero supplements. I am not perfect, but feel I am in a really good spot now.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Orion

What is your current serum retinol level? Didn’t get any signs of deficiency or metabolic slowdown?
I don't have access to test serum levels. Hoping to maybe be able to get tested this year.

With the amount of VA I supplemented and ate through food, I think it will take me a good decade to get into deficits.

Metabolism and libido are good no complaints.

GreekDemiGod

Apparently, Garrett Smith is raising his day daughter on low VA.
6A4C18D6-9884-487B-8DEE-ADD180DBD244.png

aniciete

uh, why does she have thinner hair than me and has a face like a 32 year old woman? not trying to be mean
Because a “low a” diet as a teenager is just as extreme as a “vegan” or “carnivore” diet. It’s almost like he’s trying to prove something by experimenting with his daughter. Weird stuff

GreekDemiGod

Because a “low a” diet as a teenager is just as extreme as a “vegan” or “carnivore” diet. It’s almost like he’s trying to prove something by experimenting with his daughter. Weird stuff
I'd imagine that if Vitamin A were to be important, it's most important in children & adolescents, since they are in their growth years.

redsun

You see now I know for a fact he is a fool who is controlled by his own set in stone beliefs. Vitamin A toxicity is a legitimate issue but he is arrogant enough to damage his child by depriving a nutrient that has been proven to be necessary. You should never be so sure of yourself about things like this that you would put children at risk. I question my methods and understanding every day and remind myself that even though i have learned a lot, I know very little. This is the right way to think in my opinion and it allows us to be more effective learners and not ignore evidence which can break down our own beliefs.

"And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know."

laleto12

Its so easy to get sucked into these theories to be honest. I genuinely believed I was copper toxic(which I was not probably) 1-2 months ago and Now Im thinking Vitamin A might be toxic :D

Blossom

Forum Supporter
question my methods and understanding every day and remind myself that even though i have learned a lot, I know very little. This is the right way to think in my opinion and it allows us to be more effective learners and not ignore evidence which can break down our own beliefs.
So true.

TheCalciumCad

I remember on a livestream Garrett Smith said he ****88 up one of his kids early on in life with his nutrition ideas before he got into the anti VA stuff and managed to turn it around, you could see how much guilt he had over it so he's had to learn the hard way. I like him and thinks he's right about VA but would agree not to use them as your online "proof of method".

laleto12

Guys, what do you think about Vince Gironda, he is known as the 36 eggs a day bodybuilder guy. As far as i know he ate a lot of sweet potato as well. He looked superb

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This feels very sad to me. Her face does look old and hair very thin for her age.
They make those poor girls who dance and cheer in competitions wear sooo much make up. My niece cheers and I was shocked. Also putting your kids online like that seems unwise with all the pedos out there. My SIL posts my niece doing gymnastics in a bathing suit on Facebook.

Lollipop2

They make those poor girls who dance and cheer in competitions wear sooo much make up. My niece cheers and I was shocked. Also putting your kids online like that seems unwise with all the pedos out there. My SIL posts my niece doing gymnastics in a bathing suit on Facebook.
Yikes ? Horrible. I agree about posting photos online these days…

Having a bunch of makeup on will certainly make someone look older - lol. By the way…glad to hear you are doing better!!