Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Vinero

I guess I just have to wait that I get rid of all the oxalates and carotenes from my tissues. I have insane amounts of carotenes stored in my body, just think about the amounts you get from eating 2.2 lbs of sweet potatoes and broccoli every single day for two years.
It's probably going to take months to process all those carotenoids. But that doesn't mean you can't feel better sooner. I did the same thing to myself with eating low-fat cheese as my main protein source. How can cheese cause vitamin A toxicity? Because the cheeses here are all fortified with beta-carotene or anatto. Only goat cheese is white and doesn't have added carotene. I don't think I would have gotten vitamin a toxicity if I had eaten goat cheese instead of regular cheese.

duckduck

It's probably going to take months to process all those carotenoids. But that doesn't mean you can't feel better sooner. I did the same thing to myself with eating low-fat cheese as my main protein source. How can cheese cause vitamin A toxicity? Because the cheeses here are all fortified with beta-carotene or anatto. Only goat cheese is white and doesn't have added carotene. I don't think I would have gotten vitamin a toxicity if I had eaten goat cheese instead of regular cheese.
I know. :( The study that I linked in which 20 year old guy got hypogonadism from carotene overload, it took him 9 months to recover! And I'm almost double his age, how long is it gonna take for me to recover, it sucks.

Nighteyes

I know. :( The study that I linked in which 20 year old guy got hypogonadism from carotene overload, it took him 9 months to recover! And I'm almost double his age, how long is it gonna take for me to recover, it sucks.

dont worry about what has already happened. Focus on your new plan :) make sure b12 intake is adequate, get some sun and relax. The body will take care of things for you. Worrying will not speed things up

somuch4food

I eat 200 grams of black beans, 300 grams of red lentils and 250 grams of barley every day, so yes. I don't have any stomach problems and my skin is clear on this diet. I am VERY acne prone and every time I eat a food that don't agree with me I get acne. I can't eat rice, I get very itchy skin from it and breathing problems. I recently started to drink a quart of whole milk a day and my skin is crystal clear now. All I can think of is that my poor sexual health is because of eating so much sweet potatoes, broccoli and buckwheat every single day for two years. Lot's of oxalates and carotenes.

I would try to slow down on fiber. Too much fiber at once can cause issues. What else do you eat?

Whenever I go too low on animal proteins, I lose vitality. I can't speak for libido though since I've never had much of it.

I'm starting to see patterns. I need beans/soluble fibers when I feel wired/insomnia, animal proteins when low energy, acidic fruits/veggies when my digestion feels bloated...

duckduck

I would try to slow down on fiber. Too much fiber at once can cause issues. What else do you eat?

Whenever I go too low on animal proteins, I lose vitality. I can't speak for libido though since I've never had much of it.

I'm starting to see patterns. I need beans/soluble fibers when I feel wired/insomnia, animal proteins when low energy, acidic fruits/veggies when my digestion feels bloated...
Every day I eat the same foods and same amounts because I do bodybuilding. I don't want to spend time thinking how many calories I ate today so I just eat the same foods and I always to how much and can easily track my progress. So every day I eat, 200g black beans, 300g red lentils, 250g barley, 500g white cabbage and 1 litre of whole milk. I just added the whole milk to my diet a month ago and my training has been going awesome after that. A litre of whole milk has only 1333 IU of vitamin a and that's basically all the vitamin A I get from my diet so it's really not that much. Three whole eggs has more vitamin A than a litre of whole milk. Before when I didn't drink milk I just consumed more beans and lentils, so now I eat much less fiber than before. I never have any bloating eating this much fiber or any other negative symptoms.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@duckduck I ate a high beta carotene diet for approximately 40 years but it only took about 9 months of a low vitamin A and low carotene diet to lose all the yellowness in my skin. Just stick with it and ignore what “normal” people eat.

mipp

Every day I eat the same foods and same amounts because I do bodybuilding. I don't want to spend time thinking how many calories I ate today so I just eat the same foods and I always to how much and can easily track my progress. So every day I eat, 200g black beans, 300g red lentils, 250g barley, 500g white cabbage and 1 litre of whole milk. I just added the whole milk to my diet a month ago and my training has been going awesome after that. A litre of whole milk has only 1333 IU of vitamin a and that's basically all the vitamin A I get from my diet so it's really not that much. Three whole eggs has more vitamin A than a litre of whole milk. Before when I didn't drink milk I just consumed more beans and lentils, so now I eat much less fiber than before. I never have any bloating eating this much fiber or any other negative symptoms.
Wow, is that all you eat? Looks like very low fat intake, and with all that fiber you probably don't absorb much at all. This is expected to lower your libido. Also, if what Karen Hurd says is true, soluble fiber would neutralize your endogenous hormones. This is castration diet, protip for the guy from the other thread, lol.
Also it's not particularly low in vitamin A (I assume that the milk is fortified), so I dont think it has much to do with it

Last edited:

duckduck

Wow, is that all you eat? Looks like very low fat intake, and with all that fiber you probably don't absorb much at all. This is expected to lower your libido. Also, if what Karen Hurd says is true, soluble fiber would neutralize your endogenous hormones. This is castration diet, protip for the guy from the other thread, lol.
Also it's not particularly low in vitamin A (I assume that the milk is fortified), so I dont think it has much to do with it
I only drink organic whole milk and in my country it means that they are not allowed to add anything in the milk. If eating fiber is really that bad for hormones then how come human race is still on this earth?

duckduck

Really, think about what you would eat if you would be a caveman but naked in the wilderness. Everything you can eat has lots of fiber and all the animals are lean, there is no 30% fat animals. So how did human race get here if eating fiber destroyed our sex hormones and we couldn't reproduce?

duckduck

I guess the cavemen learned how to squeeze oil out of olives and discarded all the evil olive flesh matter and became alpha that way...

Tarmander

Really, think about what you would eat if you would be a caveman but naked in the wilderness. Everything you can eat has lots of fiber and all the animals are lean, there is no 30% fat animals. So how did human race get here if eating fiber destroyed our sex hormones and we couldn't reproduce?
I dunno man. Doesnt seem like your diet is working for you. When it is millions of years of evolution ideology vs dead sausage, I would listen to the sausage.

duckduck

I dunno man. Doesnt seem like your diet is working for you. When it is millions of years of evolution ideology vs dead sausage, I would listen to the sausage.
Didn't you see the case that I linked earlier that showed hypogonadism from excess carotene consumption and it took 9 months for 20 years old horny young dude to recover his sex hormones? I just stopped the excess carotenes one month ago and I'm lot older than 20 years old so my natural sex hormone production is a lot lower. Karen Hurd said that beans remove EXCESS hormones, she did not say that they remove all hormones. We make lots of saturated fat from those fibers, saturated fat that is not anywhere in the wilderness in large amounts.

somuch4food

Are we still cavemen? I mean diet is part of the reason why we got to the point we are now. Having access to more carbohydrates and fats is probably what helped us develop our big brains. Do you have an idea how cavemen lived? Maybe, they had low libido most of the time when they didn't have access to meat and high calories and were stuck eating plants.

Didn't you see the case that I linked earlier that showed hypogonadism from excess carotene consumption and it took 9 months for 20 years old horny young dude to recover his sex hormones? I just stopped the excess carotenes one month ago and I'm lot older than 20 years old so my natural sex hormone production is a lot lower. Karen Hurd said that beans remove EXCESS hormones, she did not say that they remove all hormones. We make lots of saturated fat from those fibers, saturated fat that is not anywhere in the wilderness in large amounts.

If you are not vegan, I would strongly recommend meat.

You should follow her entire diet if you're quoting Karen Hurd. She's against dairy and saturated fat and she strongly recommends animal proteins 3 times a day and does warn that vegans will have a hard time healing without those efficient proteins. She also stresses resting and not exercising as part of her healing plan. You need equilibrium here. I would tweak your ratios to find the right amount you need of everything.

A lot of her recommendations are also based on the time needed for your organs to completely renew. Eating more fibers won't make you heal faster. Resting will. If you don't rest and leave your body in a state of stress most of the time, you will continue to suffer imbalances even with a perfect diet.

duckduck

I don't want heme iron in my body and I finally have clear skin after almost 30 years of acne. I was vegan for a couple of years and build lots of muscle during that time, I have huge cannon ball shoulders that people turn to look and 'mire. It's weird how I could build all this strength and muscle while I was vegan when we can't use plant protein, just weird I tell you.

mipp

Really, think about what you would eat if you would be a caveman
I don't know what caveman diet was like. Surely not beans and barley? At least in Europe, they would eat nuts and animal flesh including fatty meats and organs long before beans arrived. Seriously your diet is extreme, I mean especially fiber to fat ratio. You said you were prone to acne. Perhaps by eating this way you lower your sex steroids which also clears your skin. These things tend to be connected. You said you had low test. You also said that prior to that you would eat broccoli and sweet potatoes every day for years. What was your fat intake? Could it be that it's not carotenoids that killed your libido but years of being on a low fat diet?

duckduck

I don't know what caveman diet was like. Surely not beans and barley? At least in Europe, they would eat nuts and animal flesh including fatty meats and organs long before beans arrived. Seriously your diet is extreme, I mean especially fiber to fat ratio. You said you were prone to acne. Perhaps by eating this way you lower your sex steroids which also clears your skin. These things tend to be connected. You said you had low test. You also said that prior to that you would eat broccoli and sweet potatoes every day for years. What was your fat intake? Could it be that it's not carotenoids that killed your libido but years of being on a low fat diet?
When I was vegan I had super low fat intake, I just ate sweet potatoes, broccoli, buckwheat, lentils and beans. No added fats and no nuts and seeds. I don't know what else should I eat to build muscle if I can't eat any legumes and grains. I think Karen Hurd is absolutely wrong about her stance on plant based protein. I am extremely muscular, majority of steroid users don't even look as muscular as me, I get accused of using steroids all the time. I don't think we have any other way of knowing what caused my hypogonadism than to wait and see if it gets better now that I don't megadose with carotenes anymore. You get small amounts of all fats from plants and your gut bacteria makes saturated fat from the fiber, so I just don't think its the low fats problem.

mipp

When I was vegan I had super low fat intake, I just ate sweet potatoes, broccoli, buckwheat, lentils and beans. No added fats and no nuts and seeds. I don't know what else should I eat to build muscle if I can't eat any legumes and grains. I think Karen Hurd is absolutely wrong about her stance on plant based protein. I am extremely muscular, majority of steroid users don't even look as muscular as me, I get accused of using steroids all the time. I don't think we have any other way of knowing what caused my hypogonadism than to wait and see if it gets better now that I don't megadose with carotenes anymore. You get small amounts of all fats from plants and your gut bacteria makes saturated fat from the fiber, so I just don't think its the low fats problem.
Or maybe it's not really hypognadism. Do you have any other issues besides low libido? From what you are saying, you seem to be in a pretty good shape.
I agree about protein. Herbivore mammals can naturally develop impressive lean musculature on a low protein, low fat, plant based diet. They are not hypersexual like humans, though. Perhaps we aren't supposed to be either. I'd like to be able to try this kind of extreme diet myself just to see what happens. I don't care about sex drive, it's just that my guts would probably explode even with 1/2 of your fiber intake.

duckduck

Or maybe it's not really hypognadism. Do you have any other issues besides low libido? From what you are saying, you seem to be in a pretty good shape.
I agree about protein. Herbivore mammals can naturally develop impressive lean musculature on a low protein, low fat, plant based diet. They are not hypersexual like humans, though. Perhaps we aren't supposed to be either. I'd like to be able to try this kind of extreme diet myself just to see what happens. I don't care about sex drive, it's just that my guts would probably explode even with 1/2 of your fiber intake.
My only problems are sexual problems, no spontaneous erections ever, no morning wood, super soft nightly erections and I don't even get good erections from manual stimulation. I don't want to be hyper sexual, I just want to have good erections when I need them, that's all. In my twenties I followed low fat diet too but I didn't eat any carotene rich foods and I had insane sex drive and godly erections. I used to get so good spontaneous erections in shower that when water hit my penis, it actually hurt, because it was so full and hard, it was insane. I used to have a little too good sex drive then, sex was all I could think about, it was like a disease. Now it's the total opposite.

ursidae

I don't want heme iron in my body and I finally have clear skin after almost 30 years of acne. I was vegan for a couple of years and build lots of muscle during that time, I have huge cannon ball shoulders that people turn to look and 'mire. It's weird how I could build all this strength and muscle while I was vegan when we can't use plant protein, just weird I tell you.
I think heme iron might be doing this to my skin too. Are carotene foods also triggers?
I’ve found egg yolks and enough zinc rescue my libido

Last edited: