Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I feel like we are stating to really understand this topic better as time goes on. Thank you for everyone who has contributed. Prior to doing strict low A for 18 months I had trouble keeping my D level sufficient but now I effortlessly do so without supplements. I can tolerate small to moderate A from animal sources just fine lately (over the past 6 months). I plan to get my levels checked soon because it’s been 2 years. Working during this covid thing set me back with getting testing done and also with the desire to strictly adhere to very low A diet. To be perfectly honest I have been eating whatever I tolerate well for many months and that usually includes butter and egg yolks. Per cronometer I’m typically between 25-50% of my RDI.

mmb82

I plan to get my levels checked soon because it’s been 2 years.

Out of curiosity, levels of what? Vitamin A or vitamin D (or both)? If vitamin A, did you have your vitamin A levels checked prior to your 18 months of a low vitamin A diet for comparison? If you already posted that information elsewhere, sorry! This thread is very long...

md_a

Can you share what foods?

Since the plandemic started, I haven't had enough money for food and I gave up oranges, but a fresh liter of orange juice offers enough folate, and I replaced it with apples as fruit. Now to cover my daily needs I started eating more spinach, asparagus, beets, turnip greens, beef kidney.

Foods highest in Folate

gaze

Since the plandemic started, I haven't had enough money for food and I gave up oranges, but a fresh liter of orange juice offers enough folate, and I replaced it with apples as fruit. Now to cover my daily needs I started eating more spinach, asparagus, beets, turnip greens, beef kidney.

Foods highest in Folate

does pasteurization of OJ have a large reduction in folate?

md_a

does pasteurization of OJ have a large reduction in folate?

I'm not sure but I think it's possible to lose some folate through the heat treatment, and foods enriched with folic acid eventually cause folate deficiency in the body.

Pasteurisation

P.J. Fellows, in Food Processing Technology (Fourth Edition), 2017

11.3 Effects on foods
Pasteurisation is a relatively mild heat treatment that causes minor changes to the nutritional and sensory characteristics of most foods. However, the shelf-life of pasteurised foods is usually only extended by a few days or weeks compared with many months with the more severe sterilisation heat treatment (see Section 12.1).

Pigments in plant and animal products are mostly unaffected by pasteurisation. The main cause of colour deterioration in fruit juices is enzymic browning by polyphenoloxidase, and this is prevented by deaeration to remove oxygen prior to pasteurisation. Pasteurised milk is whiter than raw milk but the difference is due to homogenisation (see Section 4.2), and pasteurisation alone has no measurable effect. Loss of volatile aroma compounds during pasteurisation of juices causes a reduction in quality and may also unmask other ‘cooked’ flavours. Jordan et al. (2003) reported that deaeration and not pasteurisation of fruit juices caused loss of volatile components. Volatile recovery may be used to produce high-quality juices but this is not routinely used, due to the increased cost. Loss of volatiles from raw milk removes a hay-like aroma and produces a blander product.

Changes to nutritional quality of pasteurised foods are limited to losses of heat-labile vitamins. For example, in milk there is 7% loss of thiamin, 20–25% loss of vitamin C (although milk is not a significant source of this vitamin in the diet), losses of 0–10% folate, vitamin B12 and riboflavin, and 5% loss of serum proteins. Further details of vitamin losses in milk are given by Varnam and Sutherland (2001) and Partridge (2008). In fruit juices, losses of vitamin C and carotene are minimised by deaeration.

Pasteurization - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

View chapterPurchase book

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Out of curiosity, levels of what? Vitamin A or vitamin D (or both)? If vitamin A, did you have your vitamin A levels checked prior to your 18 months of a low vitamin A diet for comparison? If you already posted that information elsewhere, sorry! This thread is very long...
Not before unfortunately but twice after eating pretty close to no vitamin A and they were still well within the normal range FWIW. My D levels were up to 95 last November without supplements and only sun and sunlamps since the year before. I will have to find the reports and post them. My cholesterol and blood pressure also normalized fairly quickly.

tallglass13

I have the opposite experience. Ray’s ideas have fixed my asthma and other life threatening problems. I for one don’t adhere to a strict interpretation of anything. Clearly you cannot push your experience onto others. I have found little of value in Grant’s work. Good for you if you have gotten better. But you will get no where by attempting to universalize your situation unto others. Your comments since you’ve ‘converted’ to a low vitamin A diet make you sound like an evangelical preacher, instead of someone who truly got well. You’d have more success "spreading the gospel", so to speak, by employing a more respectful and less dismissive
This sounds kind of harsh especially coming from you , your usual posts are much better.

gaze

Not before unfortunately but twice after eating pretty close to no vitamin A and they were still well within the normal range FWIW. My D levels were up to 95 last November without supplements and only sun and sunlamps since the year before. I will have to find the reports and post them. My cholesterol and blood pressure also normalized fairly quickly.

How were your calcium levels with vit D that high?

I'm not sure but I think it's possible to lose some folate through the heat treatment, and foods enriched with folic acid eventually cause folate deficiency in the body.

Pasteurisation

P.J. Fellows, in Food Processing Technology (Fourth Edition), 2017

11.3 Effects on foods
Pasteurisation is a relatively mild heat treatment that causes minor changes to the nutritional and sensory characteristics of most foods. However, the shelf-life of pasteurised foods is usually only extended by a few days or weeks compared with many months with the more severe sterilisation heat treatment (see Section 12.1).

Pigments in plant and animal products are mostly unaffected by pasteurisation. The main cause of colour deterioration in fruit juices is enzymic browning by polyphenoloxidase, and this is prevented by deaeration to remove oxygen prior to pasteurisation. Pasteurised milk is whiter than raw milk but the difference is due to homogenisation (see Section 4.2), and pasteurisation alone has no measurable effect. Loss of volatile aroma compounds during pasteurisation of juices causes a reduction in quality and may also unmask other ‘cooked’ flavours. Jordan et al. (2003) reported that deaeration and not pasteurisation of fruit juices caused loss of volatile components. Volatile recovery may be used to produce high-quality juices but this is not routinely used, due to the increased cost. Loss of volatiles from raw milk removes a hay-like aroma and produces a blander product.

Changes to nutritional quality of pasteurised foods are limited to losses of heat-labile vitamins. For example, in milk there is 7% loss of thiamin, 20–25% loss of vitamin C (although milk is not a significant source of this vitamin in the diet), losses of 0–10% folate, vitamin B12 and riboflavin, and 5% loss of serum proteins. Further details of vitamin losses in milk are given by Varnam and Sutherland (2001) and Partridge (2008). In fruit juices, losses of vitamin C and carotene are minimised by deaeration.

Pasteurization - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

View chapterPurchase book

thanks!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
39F38E48-41DA-4335-A73C-074C7607E543.png
B62152C8-703E-4E39-8B98-BEFA937607B3.png
@md_a

The first screen shot is from early 2019 after starting low A in the summer of 2018 and the second was at the beginning of this year.

tallglass13

There are many valid criticisms that can be made against the work of both Genereux and Smith however the science is clear as day that chronic subclinical Hypervitaminosis A is an epidemic in Western countries. Yes an EPIDEMIC! There is a bit of denialism going on here so I thought fit to all caps it. :tearsofjoy:
Very constructive, nice work !

somuch4food

@tim333 Have you read While science sleeps? Is that why you are against fruits/pectin?

The author only warns against shelf stable products like boxed and canned fruits, vegetables and juices and says boiling for 2 hours makes them safe.

tim333

@tim333 Have you read While science sleeps? Is that why you are against fruits/pectin?

The author only warns against shelf stable products like boxed and canned fruits, vegetables and juices and says boiling for 2 hours makes them safe.
Monte didn't seem to know about how significant a source pectin is, more so than aspartame.

I'm not against fruit consumption. I think it is wise to avoid consuming multiple servings every day though. People have different methanol metabolizing abilities.

tallglass13

I emailed Grant about labs and he said he's doing some more in August. I asked if he would please do thyroid and testosterone to see is hormone levels. He said he will try.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom 32.4 is a great level to be at, possibly about optimal
Thank you. I’m getting my labs Monday so it will be interesting to see if it has changed much. Regardless of the number I feel really good.

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
This may be a little controversial but i think it's worth discussing. Depending on how risk averse you are, this may sound either crazy or brilliant.

One of the big issues as i understand it is that as the liver releases stored Poisonal et al. in bile, it can be reabsorbed at a fairly high rate. It would make sense then to use a strong purgative that flushes out the liver, gallbladder stomach etc. wouldn't it? Such a purgative exists and it is associated with healing blindness, depression, fatigue, addiction and chronic illness. Blindness is the one that really catches my attention.

Kambo is used in the amazon as a medicine and as a hunting aid. The secretions from the skin of the frog Phyllomedusa bicolor are collected and dried on flat pieces of wood. The person being treated usually drinks large quantities of water (multiple litres) very quicky before several small round burn mark are made with a stick on the skin of the shoulder or ankle. the frog secretion is then applied to the burn mark. This makes you vomit with great force. The intensity of the purge depends largely on the quantity of venom used and the number of burns. traditionally 1-4 burns were made, as with most things in the west people have taken this to the extreme with some people apply 20+ burns, sometimes purging is done back to back to back...

Very quickly your body becomes hot and flushed and the face swells right up. the stomach, gall bladder and liver purge a huge amount of bile and whatever else into the huge amount of water sitting in the stomach and you vomit pretty violently for about 15 minutes max. then you feel pretty great! The color of the vomit is usually florescent yellow/green though many people take it far enough to produce orange and even black vomit. THE LIVER REALLY DOES PURGE INTO THE STOMACH AND INTESTINES. and in a significant way too. Minimal reabsorption. even less with charcoal beforehand.

Could the miraculous healing effects of Kambo be attributed to it's detoxification of poisonal and associates? I think so. There are some pretty powerful opiates and other things in the venom that undoubtedly have an impact, but, if people really are recovering their eyesight from concurrent sessions lasting a week or two, then I think there is something more going on. Kambo doesn't get you high but whatever you do don't ingest it or put it on any mucous membrane. the chemicals in it will not play nicely with your brain using it that way. it's strictly a lymphatic thing.

I've done Kambo quite a few times, as far as I know it's VERY SAFE and I've not heard of anyone dying etc. from it despite the massive immune response the body has to it. I'm not sure what the long term effects might be after say a decade of use, though I'm fairly confident in it's safety for most people and it has been used in the amazon for a long long time. The hype around ceremonies is bull****, it's easy to buy and administer yourself, the only downside is your face will be very swollen for a day or so depending on how many burns you administer. for some people it may not swell at all. The feeling immediately after the purge is awesome, relief, accomplishment, adrenaline. the day of and day after I usually experience a bit of fatigue. From there the subsequent week is AWESOME. There really is something powerful about going through with it all and overcoming the discomfort. I usualy have a big smile on my face right before it all comes out. it's great.

The question is, could a weeks worth of kambo achieve the same result as 6months+ of diet, reabsorption and detox symptoms? would it be easier on the body to go through a few purges, or all that reabsorption and detoxification? obviously not everyone is going to jump at the idea of burning frog poion into their skin and throwing their guts up however for some people it may be the perfect solution to years of detox symptoms. You would probably want to use kambo daily or every second day for a week or two to really see if it can make a significant impact on detox. Frog face is a real problem, you wouldn't want to be spending a lot of time in public.. if you used it at night you might get away with it the next morning. I would recommend using activated charcoal beforehand as the liver purges into the small intestine aswell as the stomach. last time I used it I got a nasty ulcer, fatigue etc. the next day. I'm presuming my liver dumped a lot of poisonal into my small intestine, it sure felt like it.

You can find lots of testimonials and experiences on this forum
Kambo - Index

I am not endorsing kambo, it might be another tool in the tool belt, who knows. It's worth mentioning.
Grant's response was that it's obviously a toxin and it's risky; which is fair. sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. Risk aversion right..
Have you discovered anything or any controversial follow ups to this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals