Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Blossom

Forum Supporter
True. And thank you for answering my questions. I find the experience you and others are having to be fascinating. But yet it
goes against so much of the research that is out there.

You are also doing a low oxalate diet right? I guess a low oxalate diet would likely lower carotenoid intake.

What are your main foods right now?
Predominantly animal sourced foods at present and I tolerate the following vegetables: zucchini and yellow squash, cucumbers, mushrooms, onions and garlic. I’m working on healing my gut at the moment so I can expand my diet.

RWilly

Predominantly animal sourced foods at present and I tolerate the following vegetables: zucchini and yellow squash, cucumbers, mushrooms, onions and garlic. I’m working on healing my gut at the moment so I can expand my diet.
Any carbs like sugar?

saraleah

Thanks, Dolomite I'm right there with you. Can't wait to see how much better it gets when I'm at 11 months too, don't intend to stop either. A simple solution to an impossible problem. It works

saraleah

of those doing the low VA diet...are you doing the meat, beans, rice low VA diet...or Smith's new alternate low VA diet that includes asparagus, green beans, and some other VA foods?
Standard low VA-Beef, chicken breast, bison , olive oil, onion, mushroom, homemade bone broth,white rice, a little brown rice , grapes, peeled apple, lima bean because its lower oxalate. No fat pretzel or popcorn for a snack. Occasional sourdough or roll. I don't have access to Smith's diet- not messing with a good thing.

Spondive

That's so remarkable. What an obvious correlation. Grant said he cut is cholesterol in half. It will be exciting to see it go down, while eating lots of red meat and tilapia. Which would mean alot less inflammation going on in the body. thanks for the info Blossom.
Or it’s because the reduced vitamin A in the body has taken the breaks off the thyroid and cholesterol is being used properly.. as Peat says too much A can inhibit thyroid

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Or it’s because the reduced vitamin A in the body has taken the breaks off the thyroid and cholesterol is being used properly.. as Peat says too much A can inhibit thyroid
Great point!

Tarmander

thanks for the responses on my question above.

I have added in green beans and occasionally brocolli and cauliflower and taken meat down to one meal per day.

Have not noticed a difference really

InChristAlone

"RP:

Yes, vitamin D has very basic effects, including the klotho system, adrenals and parathyroid, renin-angiotensins system, and thyroid function. I read the anti-vitamin A book, and found no evidence in it to support his ideas."
I'd like to hear his take on why Grant healed kidney disease and severe eczema on his zero vitamin A diet.

postman

"RP:

Yes, vitamin D has very basic effects, including the klotho system, adrenals and parathyroid, renin-angiotensins system, and thyroid function. I read the anti-vitamin A book, and found no evidence in it to support his ideas."
I'd like to hear his take on why Grant healed kidney disease and severe eczema on his zero vitamin A diet.
Exactly, why are people seeing such huge benefits from restricting VA? Personal experience and testimonials are evidence. It's not proof, and it's not even really good evidence but it's still a form of evidence

Tarmander

Exactly, why are people seeing such huge benefits from restricting VA? Personal experience and testimonials are evidence. It's not proof, and it's not even really good evidence but it's still a form of evidence
It doesn’t fit with Ray’s rational bubble

gaze

any degenerative disease can halt or reverse in the absence of pufa. the vitamin A, calcium, and all the rest of peats ideas are related to improving the thyroid and increasing the basal metabolic rate, of which grants is extremely low considering his bpm is 55 without any exercise. or ray could be wrong. but anyone can be wrong at any time, at least ray provides hundres of scientific studies for his own observations/interpretations as evidence unlike Grant. Grants theory isn't supported by the literature, although I think everyone would benefit from theories such as this to be studied, as we are all, including ray, just trying to understand every avenue of health as possible

postman

any degenerative disease can halt or reverse in the absence of pufa. the vitamin A, calcium, and all the rest of peats ideas are related to improving the thyroid and increasing the basal metabolic rate, of which grants is extremely low considering his bpm is 55 without any exercise. or ray could be wrong. but anyone can be wrong at any time, at least ray provides hundres of scientific studies for his own observations/interpretations as evidence unlike Grant.
Ok?

postman

any degenerative disease can halt or reverse in the absence of pufa. the vitamin A, calcium, and all the rest of peats ideas are related to improving the thyroid and increasing the basal metabolic rate, of which grants is extremely low considering his bpm is 55 without any exercise. or ray could be wrong. but anyone can be wrong at any time, at least ray provides hundres of scientific studies for his own observations/interpretations as evidence unlike Grant. Grants theory isn't supported by the literature, although I think everyone would benefit from theories such as this to be studied, as we are all, including ray, just trying to understand every avenue of health as possible
Are you suggesting that Grant healed his acne because he ate less PUFA? I and I'm sure many others also can attest to PUFA avoidance not healing their skin, but VA avoidance healing it.

gaze

Are you suggesting that Grant healed his acne because he ate less PUFA? I and I'm sure many others also can attest to PUFA avoidance not healing their skin, but VA avoidance healing it.

well he was taking fish oil pills with added carotene for years before his health declined, so yes

postman

well he was taking fish oil pills with added carotene for years before his health declined, so yes
It's a dogmatic answer though, you're ignoring all the evidence suggesting it has anything to do with VA avoidance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals